• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fuel Pump Argument

Anyone care to settle an argument between two know nothings???

A friend thinks Honda makes the fuel pump in my '97 NSX - I say Honda buys the pump from a supplier.

Neither one of us knows what we're talking about but I'm pretty sure one of us is right.

What is the answer??? Anybody?

I think thats a tough call. I'm sure manufacturers source out many of their parts to be made. I had a friend with a Viper. The brake calipers have "Viper" on them. I had to convince him Dodge did not design/manufacture those calipers. They were actually Brembo.

my guess is denso....

It's Kyosan. I looked at the one I took out of mine.

Interesting discussion.

For fuel supply area, Honda will be mainly using the products from Keihin or Denso.
Kyosan is group company of Denso and long-long time ago, Denso started as part of Toyota so it has strong relationship with them.

Keihin has strong relationship with Honda for years even before they became known as Keihin.
The a/c CCU, EPS controller, etc were manufactured by Denshigiken before it was merged with another company and became Keihin.

I never paid too much attention on the manufacture of the actual fuel pump because it comes as an assy with the cables/bracket/housing but looks like it’s from Kyosan so one could say it’s from Kyosan or even Denso.

Kaz

Last edited:
Thanks Kaz. I learn something new everyday.

so great to have encyclopedia Kaz around......just ads so much class to prime.....we love Larry B too:biggrin:

Back