• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future NSX Predection Thread

Since we all have our opinions about the new NSX, I thought that we should have one "I told you so" thread for future NSX predictions.

My prediction is this. Honda will scrap the project and the future NSX will never see the light of day.

There is no future NSX currently in planning anymore. You predicted the past, Honda has scrapped the NSX 3 years ago, when the HSC fell thru. There is a Acura Halo car, NSX replacement coming. This is not the NSX, but another type of car that will fill the slot.

There is no future NSX currently in planning anymore. You predicted the past, Honda has scrapped the NSX 3 years ago, when the HSC fell thru. There is a Acura Halo car, NSX replacement coming. This is not the NSX, but another type of car that will fill the slot.

enough said ..

well I was referring to that V10 front engined car doing laps at the ring. Something tells me that Honda is going to change it's mind about that car. I don't know, I just have this feeling about it.

I think people are hoping that they won't call the next Acura halo sports car the NSX because its not MR, but I'm thinking Honda will want to keep the name.

I think people are hoping that they won't call the next Acura halo sports car the NSX because its not MR, but I'm thinking Honda will want to keep the name.

No I don't think they will keep the same name. It's radically different from the philosophy of the original NSX. I mean they changed the name of Integra to RSX, the Legend to eventually just TL. Why did they need to change names? They will most likely have a new name for the Halo GT. Besides the name NSX is not that well known among the normal masses, so it's not like it will help sell the vehicle.

So what happens if Honda name the new car "NSX?" Are you guys going to stop buying Honda or perhaps sell your NSX?

Bunch of cry babies over a speculation:rolleyes:

Honda's not that petty.

Well, they're petty enough to pulled out of F1 when their sales numbers is actually stronger than more of their competitors.

Honda is going through what Toyota is going through during the 1990's. They lost the performance edge. Toyota is going through what Honda had back in the days.

Imagine a car company with "racing is our DNA" slogan but with only one car in the market that is worthy of the word "sports" car. And the thing is dame slow!!!

Well, they're petty enough to pulled out of F1 when their sales numbers is actually stronger than more of their competitors.

Honda is going through what Toyota is going through during the 1990's. They lost the performance edge. Toyota is going through what Honda had back in the days.

Imagine a car company with "racing is our DNA" slogan but with only one car in the market that is worthy of the word "sports" car. And the thing is dame slow!!!

Correction, I meant to say, I would like to believe that Honda is not that petty. They have been falling off this decade

Correction, I meant to say, I would like to believe that Honda is not that petty. They have been falling off this decade

I agree. I've owned Honda/Acuras through the 90's and 2000's and the newer models are simply not as exciting. As Toyota did in the 90's, today's Hondas are getting bigger, heavier and more "plush", i.e., more American.
Engine displacement and torque are going up, suspension response and high-RPM power are going down.

I drive a 2007 TSX right now. Overall, it is just fine for my needs. All the options are nice, the navi works well and it gets me from A to B. But for a Honda it is not as good as years past. The car feels bloated and heavy. Steering response is decent, but the car leans through the turns and the K24 just doesn't have the oomph to get that ~3500lb moving. Another consequence of the weight is about 17mpg city on a four cylinder. :mad:

My car before that was a 2004 Accord Coupe V6 6MT. While the performance was there, even that car felt heavy in the turns.

My very first Honda was a 1988 Accord Lxi 5MT. Compared to the above two cars, it was far more exciting. That little car was light, nimble and very responsive. The gearing was great, the transmission snicked into every gear, and the engine pulled stronger as it approached the redline. Moreover, it got almost 40mpg on the highway in 5th gear. I put almost 100k miles on that car- it got me though college and law school- and it never let me down. It was fun to drive, even with only about 100 hp. The newer cars are just not the same. It feels like Honda has lost its identity. Back then, no matter what you bought, NSX, Integra, Civic etc, all Honda cars had that certain character. Sporty, fun, light on their feet and efficient. Now, I drive these new cars and the words that come to mind are heavy, lethargic, soft and "adequate."

If the NSX replacement ever does come out, I fear it will follow this new trend. I'm sure it will be fast and have the magazine specs to be "adequate" for a GT saloon. But, I bet it will need 500hp to get out of its own way. For the first time, I think my next daily driver might not be a Honda. :frown:

Well, at least I've got the NSX. :D

I don't think much of Acura's new line. It may take a while for the new TL and TSX to grow on me. Their SUV's look good though. The RL is pretty decent looking but it's not as good looking as a 3 or 5 series. I like the newest Accord, the Civic, SUV's and the Ridgeline has also grown on me... and when compared to other brands, I really can't think of anyone else that has better looking cars. Toyota/Lexus has the most horrid looking lineup out there.

Honda needs the Integra/RSX line back. Right now the aftermarket is all about Subaru, Scion and Chevy fucking Cobalt.

So what happens if Honda name the new car "NSX?" Are you guys going to stop buying Honda or perhaps sell your NSX?

Bunch of cry babies over a speculation:rolleyes:

I see Vance's point. I wonder why people get so upset that Honda is not making the "next NSX" like the current one. We have the one we like, so what's all the complaining about?

No I don't think they will keep the same name. It's radically different from the philosophy of the original NSX. I mean they changed the name of Integra to RSX, the Legend to eventually just TL. Why did they need to change names? They will most likely have a new name for the Halo GT. Besides the name NSX is not that well known among the normal masses, so it's not like it will help sell the vehicle.

They changed the names of those cars to fit into the Acura naming scheme. The NSX already fits into that naming scheme.

EL, TL, RL, RDX, MDX, RSX, TSX.......NSX

Last edited:
I wonder why people get so upset that Honda is not making the "next NSX" like the current one.

Best guess: Probably because they didn't have to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in development costs; all to sell a few thousand cars. The facts were that the NSX brought Honda about as much business success as Asimo.

Enjoy what you have until the next best thing comes along, or run-out and buy an Audi R8.

My 0.2

v10 cancelled

A new sporty hybrid based on CR-Z will go on sale by end-2010 but development of NSX sports car successor equipped with V10 engine has been canceled.

This was from Honda article in automotive news and they issue a 3rd profit warning.

well I was referring to that V10 front engined car doing laps at the ring. Something tells me that Honda is going to change it's mind about that car. I don't know, I just have this feeling about it.

Win for nastinupe1. He called it right on the money (apparently).

Enjoy what you have until the next best thing comes along, or run-out and buy an Audi R8.

My 0.2

Well said. If we have all of these people on Prime ready to spend $150k on the next best thing, why are they not running out and buying R8's?

I'm happy with my NSX - as it is (well maybe, if I get a CTSC, I'd be happier). :biggrin: I don't care that Honda isn't replacing it.

New predictions - will Honda kill-off the Acura brand? Acura represents about 10% of Honda America's total vehicle sales and that % has been falling for the past few years.

The new NSX was supposed to be the arrow-head on a new line-up of cars that exude power and luxury. That strategy for Acura has to be under total reevaluation.

Back