• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FX Motorsports Development breaks the Willow Springs Raceway record by 3.67 seconds!

We just got back from a long weekend at Willow Spings Raceway running in the Redline Time Attack series.

1st in Class
1st in Division
1st Overall
Breaking the old record of 1.22.22 with a 1.18.555!

More to come…

Yeah I saw that and they put your car on the front page of the website. Nice! I was going to post this announcement but waited to let you break the news. 1:18 is crazy fast. Nobody was even close to you guys in any division.

So is that why Mikey hasn't called me back yet? And what's going on with those pistons??!?!? Don't steal my idea!!!! Remember I'm a factory, not a warehouse.

1:18 is just insane. Big congrats on representing the NSX again.

Regards,

Danny

Congrats! Video?

Can someone who has some search skills show us Nor easterners how fast a 1:18 is,with comparative lap times of the pro racers say from alms/rolex or speed/koni challange:redface:

Can someone who has some search skills show us Nor easterners how fast a 1:18 is,with comparative lap times of the pro racers say from alms/rolex or speed/koni challange:redface:

That is almost unbelievable fast for a car:eek:.I say almost because I have seen him drive so I know it's for real. You should own that one for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time! Great job! I would love to see the video. Kip Olson

Last edited:
That is almost unbelievable fast for a car:eek:.I say almost because I have seen him drive so I know it's for real. You should own that one for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time! Great job! I would love to see the video. Kip Olson
Thanks Kip!

We should own it until we go back there again ;)

From what i've found (hard to find anything recent), The track record for a production based/production bodied/production tub/what have you... (I don't know the exact classification) the track record for it was set last weekend by the C-West S2000 of my buddy Tyler McQuarrie at a 1:22.22. We now set it at 1:18.555

For Reference (as of 2007 i believe), The track record for AMA superbikes were set at 1:21.8 and 1:18.9 for 600cc and 1000cc bikes respectively.

Last edited:
Congrats indeed. It still amazes me how the NSX platform is still so competitive after so many years ....... and an NSX on the track feels as much at home as a garage queen :wink:

Wow...that is supersonic fast! Great job at raising the bar even higher and making NSX owners proud.

Thanks for the compliment guys.

Here's our press release on the weekend:

FXMDLogo.jpg

FX Motorsports Development, Billy Johnson, and Yokohama Tire set the track record at Willow Springs International Raceway for a production car and claim the overall title at Redline Time Attack.

Las Vegas, NV (June 2, 2009) - On Sunday May 31st at Willow Springs International Speedway, the FX Motorsports Development/Cricket Wireless NSX with driver Billy Johnson captured the overall victory in Round 2 of the Redline Time Attack Series. With a final time of 1:18.555, substantially besting the previous record of 1:22.22, the team set a new track record for a production based vehicle at the “Fastest Road in the West”. In addition to the Time Attack victory the FXMD team was also able to win the 1st three-lap wheel to wheel “Super Session” of the season further strengthening their position for an overall season championship.

“The guys at FX Motorsports Development have done an amazing job with this car. After overcoming one of the biggest hurdles of the NSX platform, the car is the fastest and most reliable it has ever been” said Johnson. “Winning the 3 lap "Super Session" is a true testament to the team's abilities fielding one of the most reliable cars out there. We have a great group of people and companies working with us and couldn't have done it without their support."

Crew chief Mike Angel said, “It was great to go out there and do something special. This performance truly validates all of the hard work the team has put in over the past few months and was especially rewarding to actually drive the car back on the trailer. Now we can focus on making the car faster!”

With this win FXMD is in a strong position for the overall championship and now hold four track records: Laguna Seca, Long Beach Grand Prix, Buttonwillow Raceway, and now Willow Springs International Raceway.

We would like to thank all of our sponsors for their superior track proven products and unwavering support. Special thanks to Sam Kwa and Paul Algarin from Yokohama tire for providing us the track side knowledge and advice throughout the entire weekend.

FXMDSponsorlist.jpg

redline_time_attack_029.jpg

THIS IS NOT in-car footage from last weekend. Here's the 1:45.5 second lap, setting the Redline track record and overall track record for a US-built Time Attack car. Enjoy:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FXMD-Billy-Johnson-2009_685908.htm

Last edited:
Congratulations Billy!!
That is CRAZY FAST!!! what is your speed into turn 9?

Looks to be an incredible time for a converted street car:eek: I'd be curious to see how your car competes with purpose built factory efforts like porsche rsr gt or the massive corvette cr6-7 or heck any of the high dollar alms gt1 machines.

WOW..... Billy, any plans to get that NSX out to the nurburgring? I just wonder what it could do, and think the world wide attention that would bring the Factor X and NSX community.

Can someone estimate what it would do based on comparable times set by cars that we know the Factor NSX would compare to?

Last edited:
What a great achievement! Congratulations to Billy & Mikey and the rest of the crew for a job well done!!!!

All the hard work & dedication finally paid off! So proud of you guys!:wink:

I pledge that Billy and FactorX NSX to run the Nurburgring. I think $50 each person from Prime would be enough for expenses. I would love to see FactorX NSX and Billy cracked some records.

1. NA1/2-R ($50)
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

Looks to be an incredible time for a converted street car:eek: I'd be curious to see how your car competes with purpose built factory efforts like porsche rsr gt or the massive corvette cr6-7 or heck any of the high dollar alms gt1 machines.

Dont know what it would translate out to at Willow though

http://www.corvetteracing.com/history/2007releases/lagunaseca/lagunaseca2.shtml
Monterey Sports Car Championships GT1 Qualifying:
Pos./Drivers/Car/Time/Speed
1. O'Connell/Magnussen, Chevrolet Corvette C6.R, 1:19.304/101.594 mph
Release Date: October 19, 2007

http://www.timeattackforums.com/forums/track-records/516-current-laguna-seca-track-records.html
Overall Track Record
Billy Johnson - Factor X Engineering Acura NSX - 1:31.440 @ Redline Time Attack Finals 2007

Jeremy Clarkson 02+ Stock NSX
Playstation 1:41.148
Reality 1:57

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words and support! It's great to hear positive things from the community.

We would love to take the car to the Nurburgring, but funding definitely is one of the limiting factors to making that happen. We have a great relationship with our suspension partner KW Suspensions and think that we would have support while over there, but until the funds are in place to get the car there, we too wonder how well the car will do (and I personally really want to drive it there).

Keep in mind that lap time for Laguna Seca, while setting the Time Attack track record, was the 2nd weekend and 4th day the car has ever seen a track, with no time in between to fix some fundamental problems. With our new suspension and tire sponsors, as well as the chassis and motor develoment FX Motorsports Development (FXMD) has done, that time would be more than obliterated. I don't know if we could match with the ALMS GT1 times, but I feel confident that we could best the ALMS GT2 lap times.

Billy

Yeah I saw that and they put your car on the front page of the website. Nice! I was going to post this announcement but waited to let you break the news. 1:18 is crazy fast. Nobody was even close to you guys in any division.

So is that why Mikey hasn't called me back yet? And what's going on with those pistons??!?!? Don't steal my idea!!!! Remember I'm a factory, not a warehouse.

Thanks B, you know where to find Mike:) The pistons are under contract with another company now, hopefully they will be done and be in your court soon!

Back