• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gallardo

annointed said:
Meh...her fingernails are too short. Now please excuse me, be back in a minute...

:wink:

What the...? Fingernail fetish? I hardly find a car in that picture. :tongue:

I agree on a few points and disagree on a few...

Interior:
NSX is better, the Gallardo's dash is too high, and the visibility is very limited. In my opinion, the Gallardo is not quite as roomy as the NSX, but does have more head room. NSX is a little more comfortable, the seats are better.

The dash on the Gallardo is higher but it does not limit my view. The front and side (mirror) views are good, the rear view is very limited. The 06 models have an optional rear view cam. I find the interior much more comfortable than the NSX, seems larger in every dimension. My wife is a little on the claustrophobic side and while the NSX bothers her a little, she will ride in the Gallardo all day. There is a package shelf of about 8 to 10 inches behind the seats that really seem to open up the interior. Seats in the Lambo are about the same in comfort to me. Head room is way better, I tend to sit a little straighter than most people and my hair rubs the on the NSX's roof just a little now and then.

Not that is that big a deal but the stereo in the Gallardo is just crappy. The NSX is like being in a concert hall compared to it.

Drivetrain: Gallardo wins flat out, the 500 HP with lot more torque is just flat out scary, the car accelerate with zero hesitation, except when I take off, the peddle shift clutch took a little effort to engage, but once it's in, the power was hard to control!!! Couple of hard acceleration... I thought I was loosing control, and I had to shift before redline because the needle move so freaking' fast. NSX feel close to it, but only after VTEC kick in, but again, close, but no cigars. I can't wait to compare the two after I get my CTSC.

I have tried the paddle shift in the Gallardo and it just feels strange to me. The 6 speed manual is a blast to drive. Takes just a couple of minutes to get used to the gated shifter. 500hp and all wheel drive make for a very stable machine. The power really comes on above 3000 rpm and continues redline. The exhaust sound really comes alive between 4500 and 8000 rpm, similar to the NSX (the rpm range, not the sound).

Suspension/Chassis: The car is stiff, really stiff, and the suspension is also hard. I felt every part of the road when I drove the car, and the stiffness was actually a little scary. Reminded me of early S2K. The NSX is more forgiven, with softer suspension. I will have to wait for the NSX R suspension before I can really compare the two.

The NSX has a nicer ride but I do not find the Gallardo to be uncomfortable. The comparison to early S2000s is pretty good. I had a 2001 911tt and I think they ride about the same. The suspension does make some noise, strange sounding but you just have to ride in one to understand.

The NSX feels lighter on its feat and more "tossable". I feel like you can use 80% of the NSX's abilities on the street and the Gallardo always feels like you are having to hold it back, maybe using 30% of it's abilities.

2004 NSX Black / Camel
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
Our other cars: 2006 Vioer SRT10 Coupe Blue / 2006 XLR-V Silver/ 2006 S55 Silver / 2006 Mini Cooper S Green / 2006 SSR Red / 2005 Ford GT Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

Steve T said:
[..]

2004 NSX Black / Camel
———————————————————————————————————————————————–
Our other cars: 2006 Vioer SRT10 Coupe Blue / 2006 XLR-V Silver/ 2006 S55 Silver / 2006 Mini Cooper S Green / 2006 SSR Red / 2005 Ford GT Silver / 2005 SL65 Pewter / 2005 G55 Graphite / 2004 Gallardo Yellow / 2002 Candy Red Prowler + 2001 Orange Prowler + 2001 Silver Prowler + 1999 Yellow Prowler / 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible / 1970 Camaro SS350 / 1970 Black Chevy SWB Pick up / 1969 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / 1969 Chevelle SS 396 / 1969 Impala SS 427 / 1968 Chevy Step Side Truck L98/700r4 / 1967 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 / 1966 GTO / 1955 Yellow Chevrolet Truck / 1934 Ford Sedan / 1930 Ford Hiboy Coupe 302 5spd

I think we found the garage owner. :eek:

Osiris_x11 said:
That "L's" are silent, ala' Mallorca -> My-Orca

Gallardo means elegant/graceful/striking in Espanol. But, more directly it's named after a breed of fighting bulls.

And here I thought that Lamborghini was Italian not Spanish?:biggrin: Is that pronounced Lam-bore-HEE-nee? :eek:

[delete] I give up. Spanish names on an Italian car manufactured by a German company with Chinese parts and Indian customer service. Stick with the Ferrari Trecentocinquantacinque Berlinetta.

[follow-up] If you watch Top Gear, compare earlier episodes where Jeremey uses the Spanish pronunciation vs. later episodes where he uses Italian pronunciations-- just to add more confusion.

Last edited:
go for the horns!

Italian founder & car make, Spanish names & inspiration... go figure, lol!
gear_grin.gif

Also, "Gallardo" is correctly a breed of bulls. But it has also an inside meaning in Italian...

Since the "ll" in spanish is pronounced "gl" in italian, you read it the same as you would do for "GAGLIARDO" in Italian, which means "cool".

Spinner said:
Other trend I've noticed in this car world is this: Alot of the Rx-7 folks move onto S2000's, alot of the S2000 guys move onto NSX
I skipped one step and went straight from RX7 to NSX. :cool:

On The Apprentice a season or two ago, a Lamborghini executive pronounced Gallardo 'guy-are-dough'. As stated above though, he may just be trying to not embarrass the customer. :biggrin:

Vancehu said:
Transmission: Too bad the shift doesn't turn with the steering wheel.

You will never find this because If they moved with the wheel there could be situations where you needed to shift and you would be in a delemia if you needed to find the paddles fast. They stay stationary so you always know where they are and it will become second nature once you get used to using it more frequently.

I've never had the priveledge to drive one; however, when I heard honda was going to a V10, I wondered if they were taking some cues from the Gallardo. I've seen previous posts where the Gallardo was stated as what the next NSX should be like.

Personally, I love the Gallardo (even more than the Murceilago, dunno if I spelled that one right). I think she is a gorgeous car. Infuse the Gallardo with Honda ingenuity and reliability and you'll have quite an impressive car.

I love the gallardo too, but I have heard here and there that they are not all that reliable.

If Honda could make a reliable 500HP V10 weighing 3100 pounds, the world would take notice of the NSX once again.

As a three time owner of a NSX and current owner of both the Gallardo and 05 NSX I must say the NSX is leaps and bounds more comfortable than the G. I drove the NSX from Chicago to San Diego with no back problems and or fatigue!!! The G car is good for an hour or so before the back starts to scream! The G has probably the worst seating I've ever owned. The visibility over the dash does need some getting used to, but once again, the NSX cannot be compared to. The power and feel of the G is pretty spectacular and here there are few rivals.
When I traded in the 02 NSX for the G I thought that I was definitely moving up, but I truelly missed that NSX and after a year and a half, found another Orange/ Orange one which I will never part with. If any of you ever want any info on either car, please pm me as I have over 8 years experience with the NSX and over 1 1/2 years with the G.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
You will never find this because If they moved with the wheel there could be situations where you needed to shift and you would be in a delemia if you needed to find the paddles fast. They stay stationary so you always know where they are and it will become second nature once you get used to using it more frequently.

Incorrect, my IS350 has paddle shifters that rotate with the steering wheel.

TTony said:
Incorrect, my IS350 has paddle shifters that rotate with the steering wheel.

That's pretty cool the paddles on my M3 don't move so on the track or street sometimes I use the stick. Only thing is IS350 is an auto not a SMG so maybe that's why it can turn with the steering wheel.

George Grigoriev said:
As a three time owner of a NSX and current owner of both the Gallardo and 05 NSX I must say the NSX is leaps and bounds more comfortable than the G. I drove the NSX from Chicago to San Diego with no back problems and or fatigue!!! The G car is good for an hour or so before the back starts to scream! The G has probably the worst seating I've ever owned. The visibility over the dash does need some getting used to, but once again, the NSX cannot be compared to. The power and feel of the G is pretty spectacular and here there are few rivals.
When I traded in the 02 NSX for the G I thought that I was definitely moving up, but I truelly missed that NSX and after a year and a half, found another Orange/ Orange one which I will never part with. If any of you ever want any info on either car, please pm me as I have over 8 years experience with the NSX and over 1 1/2 years with the G.

Do you still think the NSX is fun after buying the Gallardo? As much fun as it used to be or do you miss the power in the NSX and don't think it's so fun to drive anymore?

:)

I want a Gallardo...bad. Maybe when the 04's hit around $100k, I'll pick one up. Only problem is I'm only 5 "8 so visibility might be an issue =(

One day...

Let me start off by saying. I like the Gallardo a lot. Audi quality, italian shape, 500 hp V-10. I would opt for the 6 spd gated shifter. It is a giant improvement over previous Lambo products.

HOWEVER, I have a few issues with the car:

1. A z06 is $100k cheaper. I repeat similar HP, less weight, less cost to maintain yet $100k cheaper. I know, I know its not an italian exotic but it does fly like one.

2. Lambo's have no racing history. Therefore I have programmed my brain to think Italian exotic = Ferrari. Spend over $100k for a car = Ferrari. I make it in Life = Ferrari.:biggrin: If I spend $180k for a G car, whynot get a F430 instead.

3. Its a bit heavy and a bit "sterile". The sterile comment has more to do with the VW interior.

4. The name.

5. The 1/4 mile times with e-gear are not THAT impressive. high 12's IIRC.

WingZ said:
That's pretty cool the paddles on my M3 don't move so on the track or street sometimes I use the stick. Only thing is IS350 is an auto not a SMG so maybe that's why it can turn with the steering wheel.

your m3 paddles dont move? How so..? The paddles on my SMG M3's are built in to the steering wheel. So they move with the steering wheel when you turn the wheel.

veilstylez said:
your m3 paddles dont move? How so..? The paddles on my SMG M3's are built in to the steering wheel. So they move with the steering wheel when you turn the wheel.

My bad! I posted that w/o paying attention:frown: :frown:

Back