• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gamers, are you getting the PS4, XBOX One or both this year?

Gamers, are you getting the PS4, XBOX One or both this year?

• PS4

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Both

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
From what you already know and what you've researched. Which console(s) do you plan on getting?

I'm sure I'll get the playstation and never use it.

Probably the PS4 With X-box's deal with having to pay a fee for used games, I think I am done with Xbox. Sad cause it means no Forza for me. Oh well.

PS4. Always-on Kinect camera plus no used games is a deal breaker for me on Xbox.

Take out the word Gamer. This question is for anyone considering.

played iracing once and loved it...

Yeah, it is extremely realistic and you are racing and being ranked with others. You can sign up to be in scheduled races and all the tracks used are laser scanned identical tracks. Some of the setups guys make are very realistic simulators $10k setups.

I'm not a big gammer, but building a high-end iracing pc rig would be my interest.

You definitely don't need a high end PC to play iRacing... I play it on a Macbook booted into XP. It's not exactly a demanding game graphics-wise.

If I get a game system this year, it will definitely be PS4...the price will determine when.

I pretty much only use my ps3 for blu ray, so after Xbox one I don't see using it ever.

I don't buy any used games so I don't care about any of that. Seems like a silly reason not to play forza 5.

- - - Updated - - -

If I get a game system this year, it will definitely be PS4...the price will determine when.

Didn't you post in another thread you were getting both?

Im having a strictly gaming PC built Im done with the nickel and dime pay to play consoles and sub par servers and graphics.

Microsoft is definitely stepping into "big brother" territory with this latest release. I really think they are integrating some deal breakers into the new platform. I'm strictly an Xbox guy, but I am having serious reservations on the new unit.

^I had a friend mention that you 1) must have a constant connection to the internet to play the Xbox One no matter what, 2) the used game thing, and 3) "If Kinect senses too many people in the room, it will prompt the users to upgrade the license."--Infowars

The first two are ridiculous but understandable with today's technology. It is the third one that has me absolutely floored. I can't believe this is allowed, sounds like infringement on privacy. If this is actually implemented, the people who buy the xbox should now realize they are paying hundereds of dollars to have a corporation tell them how they can use "their" device--or else( you pay them more).

By the time the next xbox after X-One is released, they probably won't even let you "have" them. It'll be similar to those Zonda's or Ferrari's: You still have to pay for it, but you can't have it and must ask for permission to use it under conditions dictated by the true owner. Once you buy the console and it is shipped to you, you must return it when done...you never actually own it.

Last edited:
^I had a friend mention that you 1) must have a constant connection to the internet to play the Xbox One no matter what, 2) the used game thing, and 3) "If Kinect senses too many people in the room, it will prompt the users to upgrade the license."--Infowars

The first two are ridiculous but understandable with today's technology. It is the third one that has me absolutely floored. I can't believe this is allowed, sounds like infringement on privacy. If this is actually implemented, the people who buy the xbox should now realize they are paying hundereds of dollars to have a corporation tell them how they can use "their" device--or else( you pay them more).

By the time the next xbox after X-One is released, they probably won't even let you "have" them. It'll be similar to those Zonda's or Ferrari's: You still have to pay for it, but you can't have it and must ask for permission to use it under conditions dictated by the true owner. Once you buy the console and it is shipped to you, you must return it when done...you never actually own it.

I think all of your points are not correct. We will learn more in the next few months. I don't think even ms knows what they are doing yet. I would bet they are reading the forums to see what people think.

PS4 for sure for me. However from what I read this afternoon PS4 might not play used games. From another website.

HTML:
DRM (Digital Rights Management) is the controversial technology employed by copyright holders that allows them to control content after it’s been sold; in the case of the PS4, one way DRM may be used is to lock content to your PSN ID.

I think the online deal is just the initial log on. We will see.

I think all of your points are not correct. We will learn more in the next few months. I don't think even ms knows what they are doing yet. I would bet they are reading the forums to see what people think.

Oh believe me, I understand this is all speculation. To be honest, I really hope I am wrong.

Didn't you post in another thread you were getting both?

Uh, no.

At the moment, I have two PS3s and one Xbox 360, but the Xbox rarely gets turned on. I find that, with every generation, I end up with multiple consoles, but only one ends up getting played on a regular basis. This generation, I haven't had time to play my systems as much as I would have liked, but I have had both PS3s powered on probably more than any system I have ever owned...thanks in no small part to their media playback capabilities.

I can totally understand why Microsoft wants to hype the new media capabilities of Xbox One, but, by focusing their initial presentation upon TV and sports, they really pissed off a lot of gamers.

During the previous generation, I had two PS2s, one Xbox, and a Gamecube. The Gamecube and Xbox could have been treated as a single console as I think I owned no more than a dozen games total betwen them...but I had over 50 PS2 games.

Last edited:
How do you ever have the time to play 50+ games, Seriously? Do you just buy whatever is new and never play them? I like gaming and conceder myself a gammer. But 50+ games.. Why?

I've been a fan of the xbox for years and will probably pick one up a few years after launch when the prices have gone down a bit and the bugs are worked out. Sounds like the 360 is going to be supported for a bit longer.

How do you ever have the time to play 50+ games, Seriously? Do you just buy whatever is new and never play them? I like gaming and conceder myself a gammer. But 50+ games.. Why?

I used to do a better job setting time aside to play games (for research...I am a developer after all), but I have had a long standing rule to not buy more than one game per month to make sure I don't end up with a stack of unopened games. That said, I probably have a dozen games that I never cracked the seals on dating back to PS2 including such big name titles as God of War 2 (PS2), Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS2), Halo 2 (Xbox), Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360), Bioshock (Xbox 360), Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360), Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360), Spliter Cell Conviction (Xbox 360), Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gamecube). I still have every intention of playing these games, but have no idea when (I won't start some of these until I finish their predecessors, some of which I have barely played). Note that I played and finished the PS2 version of Shadows of Colossus on my PS3 just before the HD re-release was announced, so I am serious about going back.

I do manage to complete more than a dozen games per console lifecycle (including one or two PC games)...even more if you include portable games (I own a Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, and two Sony PSPs). Thanks to PSP titles and smaller PSN titles like flow, Flower, and Journey, I may end up completing more games this cycle than previously. I haven't even thought about counting games I play on my phone. And for every game I spend 80+ hours with (Gran Turismo), there are many that never get played more than an hour or so. I have pretty much abandoned playing multiplayer games. I finished the console version of Battlefield 3's single player and actually bought the PC version for the multiplayer, but I have yet to play a single mutiplayer match.

Last edited:
Right now I use my PS3 only as a Blu-ray player and my 360 to play Halo 4 and CE Anniversary every once in a while.

I'll be getting the Xbox One only to play Halo 5 and 6.

Right now I use my PS3 only as a Blu-ray player and my 360 to play Halo 4 and CE Anniversary every once in a while.

I'll be getting the Xbox One only to play Halo 5 and 6.

I too am a Halo whore, but I have yet to complete a single mission. I ONLY play competitively online against other players. I just love how random human behavior is and the fact each player has their own intention. I don't believe in "AI".

Back