• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Garage Queens veses DRIVERS

This should make everyone's Christmas interesting---are you a Garage Queen keeper or a DRIVER?
Now I'm not talking about daily driver in all weather stuff but if you prefer keeping your car prestine---vote for Garage Queen. I have been in both camps over the years. In some cases, I wish I kept certain cars as Garage Queens but over time and at my age----I really prefer driving as much as reasonably possible. I went to a Porsche event one time with a road dirty 928s4 (Black car) and a organizer was directing cars to different parking lots--close up for Porsche---out back for anything else. When I pulled up after driving 600 miles in the rain etc. he asked me to park in Porsche parking, but in the back! I asked him if is owned a Porsche and if so, how often he drive it---he staired at me for a minute before it sank in. I told him I drive my car every day! He replied "excellent point"---park it where ever you want.
So do you drive your NSX like it was made to do or just polish it weekly till the paint rubs off? Votes____________?:biggrin:

Driver all the way !!!
Buy it, drive it, enjoy it and then die some day.

Where's the poll?

Anyway, if I had to choose, and I'll be honest, it's a garage queen. I'm very OCD and when it comes time to cleanliness, it's all about attention to detail. Don't know why I'm like that but I've been like that since owning a sports car.

Where's the poll?

Anyway, if I had to choose, and I'll be honest, it's a garage queen. I'm very OCD and when it comes time to cleanliness, it's all about attention to detail. Don't know why I'm like that but I've been like that since owning a sports car.
Ditto.

Garage queen during winter, and no rain. Never left outside over night.

Same here, as long as I can help it, it will not be outside overnight..i enjoy it even more after it been sitting a while.. Make me feel good about owning this amazing piece of art..vroom vroom.

Never outside or in the rain/snow but other than that drive it everyday you can and not worry about mileage.

Mine is a daily driver. 70,000 miles in almost 6 years.

But, I don't diss or criticize the garage queens. There's room for all kinds.

My car is a garage queen that goes to the track every other weekend. :tongue:

So I guess since it's not a dedicated track car, its a Track Queen.

Last edited:
Where's the poll?

There has been a poll on the homepage of nsxprime for a number of years.

hows about the drag racers......:eek:

"Enjoyed" average 500 miles a month.

HOWEVER if there is salt on the ground, it has to rain heavily 2 times before it will come out.

other than that, winter usage is only limited by me not being able to wash it. I dont like to put the car away dirty and only hand wash it. therefore if its too cold.... not driving.

GQ! No rain, NEVER dirty, engine comp and trunk as clean as outside every day, maintained the same way, just the I like it.

Peter

Garage queen, I take her our for a 30-45 minute drive once a week during spring, summer and fall.

How much fun would christmas be if it lasted all year long?

DRIVER!!!:cool:

10k miles in less than 2 years. Definitely not a garage queen.

Re: Garage Queens verses DRIVERS

Daily driver, but only about 3k miles a year. Washed weekly. Garaged day and night, but driven in rain (hard not to in Seattle for 5 months of the year). I try to find excuses for going places on the weekend so I can open her up a little and actually get beyond third gear but I don't hit red line that often (if I ever have).

So you could say I'm a little of both. The car is meant to be driven but like anything good in life, you try to make it last as long as you can since you know one day it will end. Enjoy it.

Driver, try to take it out as much as possible. Except for extreme weather.

I go through the gears all the way to red line at least once every time I take it out. Got to keep the engine healthy, seriously.

Garage queen. Mine is almost too nice to drive. I'd like to get another someday to drive all the time (I'd be divorced though).

Just noticed there are an awful lot of garage queens in the NSX community (mine included). Maybe that's why you never see them. HMMMMM.

Back