• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gas Pump Trivia!

Here's another interesting trivia tidbit!

Ever go to a station where the pumps only have ONE hose for ALL grades of gasoline and wonder how much "regular" gas you're paying for at the "premium" level (assuming that the guy before you bought the cheap stuff and you have to "flush it out" of the hose before the good stuff starts flowing?)

Let's make it fun. Guess which of the following is the correct answer. I'll post the right one later this evening:

A: 1.6 liters - That hose is LONG!
B: 9/10ths of a liter - It's not THAT long.
C: 3 cups - I pee more than that!
D: NONE - Little petrolium imps living within the pump magically beam the gas into your car.

OK! Guess!

Where a single hose us used, the pump will backflush a small amount of the higher grade gas before pumping into your tank. The guy pumping regular will get a small amount of the higher grade gas but you won't get the lower grade.

Last edited:
I'd guess A because i really dont know.

I do know that this lady didn't want to take the chance of losing any of that left over gas in the hose. I was just in the right place at the right time.
Picture_8886.jpg

Going Out On A Limb

Don't you guys know how to calculate the volume in the gas hose vs guessing the volume in the gas hose? :rolleyes:

OK, OK! AND... the CORRECT answer is:

C! 3 Cups! Or, if you prefer, about 3/4ths of a liter. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but after 100 or so fill-ups, I want a rebate. :)

Re: Going Out On A Limb

AndyVecsey said:
Don't you guys know how to calculate the volume in the gas hose vs guessing the volume in the gas hose? :rolleyes:

If the length was specified and the interior diameter I think I could figure it out, but as is I guess I will have to guess.

Back