• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest for a group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap and kit

Yeah I am not arguing over the look, I just am not sure how many would want it. Maybe you are right. Perhaps I will start a poll and see how many real interested people there would be. I also think then we should give TK a chance to develop the part first before we go copying it. I don't like this copy business too much to be honest. It's theft of their design in a way. If they say no we don't want to make it, then nsx1145 or whoever can look into making them. That's just my feelings on it.

For TK to consider a design of the OEM, this first buy has to be a successful one. I can't go making demands when I have barely sold any of the current one for them.

x2.

I would be interested for the OEM spoiler.

IMHO it would look GREAT on the stock spoiler... especially since it's color matched. I think it may look better than painted on a carbon spoiler.

Guys just a few more days and I will get the group buy started. I haven't quite been able to get the price where I wanted. It is in the low 500 range now and I was hoping for high 400's. Mind you, this unit is selling for $850.... so it's still a substantial discount. TK parts are just not cheap. I know some were hoping for a lower price and believe me I am trying, but there are a lot of costs to get them here and then the exchange rate that changes daily, and bank fees and shit it all adds up. And I have to sign up as a vendor and do this myself, because TK is not interested in a bunch of individual sales, at least not at this price. There is a carbon version available as well, that is $750 delivered to me (Including fees). I have one prime member that wants that already. It is pricey but I just wanted to let everyone know it is available. If you have a carbon wing, this might be a different weave/clear coat, etc so it may clash unless you want to paint the wing.

Here is a picture of the carbon weave:

011b334f53ef1f405b65a2482f315908_zps5313e7fe.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Once I finish this first batch on the GB I will ask them about one for the stock spoiler. By then I will have some credit that I can actually sell what I ask for

KO I don't know maybe a few weeks just to make sure all get in. But.... they can only make 4-5 a week. So it literally will be first sign up and pay first served. I will need 1/2 up front and 1/2 when they ship.

I like this gurney flap so much, that I'm actually thinking of buying one, buying another OEM NSX spoiler, and having a shop mold them together and painting it berlina black! I think that would be AMAZING looking!

I like this gurney flap so much, that I'm actually thinking of buying one, buying another OEM NSX spoiler, and having a shop mold them together and painting it berlina black! I think that would be AMAZING looking!

I can tell you in person on the R spoiler it looks like the R spoiler should have always come like that.

You are thinking exactly what I'm thinking. Just one question. Is this gurney flap made of fiberglass or urethane? If fiberglass it makes modifying it pretty easy.

Cool. That would make it easier to modify to fit the OEM spoiler for those up to the task. I think I may jump in on this. I have the DF CF NSXR spoiler now, but on a black car I think it looks a little odd at certain angles. Worse case for me is if I don't like how it looks on my NSXR spoiler I can modify it in hopes to mount it on my OEM spoiler.

^agreed! If you can test it on someone's seibon wing that be awesome as that's the one I have and I'm sure lots of other members.

I know for sure with the Seibon wing, you'll need slight modification. The actual NSX-R wing is more rounded on the top section of the wing.

Love the CF gurney flap!

Guys as an update, I have spoilers being made. I sent them some of my own money and they are in production. They can only make 3-4 per week. It looks like I have to import these in one batch myself and ship out from the U.S. I will be taking some deposits as soon as I have squared away some vendor stuff with Lud. I will need payment on these before they are shipped. First to pay will be first to receive as soon as I open the actual GB. I am still trying to get the best pricing.... again, we are looking at rougly $500 landed cost in the U.S. ... could be $20 or so higher or lower really depends on exchange rates and if I can get this one shipping company to work out. Then it's shipping to you from Boston.

Last edited:
Official group buy thread will be up this weekend. First to pay will be first in line to receive the wing. Please keep your eyes out I will post a link on this thread.

Hi Dave

Whislt we wait for shipping to commence have you installed your one yet?

regards, Paul

No I haven't, I was actually going to give it to someone that just HAS to have one right now, but I don't want a fight to break out. LOL... here are a couple of photos of the bottom:

236012DF-6A12-4202-9B57-78D4F78E349D-3969-0000025B54D36B34_zpsd15890d2.jpg

9E89704D-5C59-417D-9D83-AB0A5FA246D8-3969-0000025B4B8C035C_zpsf7ee9017.jpg

No I haven't, I was actually going to give it to someone that just HAS to have one right now, but I don't want a fight to break out. LOL... here are a couple of photos of the bottom:

236012DF-6A12-4202-9B57-78D4F78E349D-3969-0000025B54D36B34_zpsd15890d2.jpg

9E89704D-5C59-417D-9D83-AB0A5FA246D8-3969-0000025B4B8C035C_zpsf7ee9017.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic. Just by the looks of it, the Seibon spoiler probably wont fit perfectly as the DFR.

B@t™

Frank still waiting on them all to be built. It seems to go pretty slow. It looks like it may be a few weeks longer. I am really sorry guys, I am willing to refund anyone that can't wait. I am on it, just out of my hands.

Back