• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest for a group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap and kit

^agreed! If you can test it on someone's seibon wing that be awesome as that's the one I have and I'm sure lots of other members.

^agreed! If you can test it on someone's seibon wing that be awesome as that's the one I have and I'm sure lots of other members.
JDM products are never just “direct bolt ons” as they are manufactured by hand. You should always take them, whether it is a lip, bumper, wing, full kit, etc…to a quality shop for installation so they can make them fit perfect.

My body shop said making the TK piece fit on my R wing is no big deal, almost zero modification and just some good body tape and a tiny amount of sand and paint would make it look good.

This part was moulded on a factory R spoiler. An original Honda R wing, not a replica. There is no way for me to know what will be required to make it fit on various R wings. I am not even sure if all Seibon wings will be the same. So if you buy this, it really is up to you to make it work. I am just helping arrange a group buy guys, I am not a store, a vendor, a body shop, etc. having said this... This little thing really looks awesome. I can't begin to describe how much I like it.

I will start the actual group buy thread next week for those that want it.

Here are a few more photos I received just today to show fitment. The tape is there to protect the original wing. This is just a drop-on check, nothing else. It fits the OEM spoiler perfectly. The center on my downforce has a slight gap but the body shop said tape will hold that down no problem. So essentially at least with mine, I don't have to do any mods other than paint.

608c87f8d693499356d24a53061672db_zps67f9472e.jpg

0ed4233ccf1d19d4ad8f23f585456289_zps9b24b727.jpg

6df990a54c635468d4a894275f3315e0_zps7313ca8e.jpg

I think it's a piece that finally makes the R wing look good. I've never loved the R wing but this thing finally fixes it and when painted ties it in to the rest of the car.

I'm in depending on price. And I don't even currently own an R winy anymore :biggrin:

Depending on price and if I purchase my wife a similarly priced purse, I am in.

Does it cover the 3rd brake light on the spoiler? How about a pic from the rear...

Looks Sweet!

No it does not cover the light

- - - Updated - - -

FA3BFBB2-3B0E-4F7F-AFDC-831919F9D303-1131-0000008DCAD12BAD_zpsc3066e93.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

here is a video.

Please keep in mind THIS IS NOT PAINTED< PRIMED< OR INSTALLED. It is just laid on my spoiler by hand and the fit is very very good on my spoiler.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oLT3-NPebVU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Thanx for the updates Dave. The right adhesive tape will hold the middle, I say this as I have the Procar 02 lip and it was also a llittle high on test fit, yet with tape it's a perfect fit. Been on 2yrs and not shifted at all.

Let me know when the GB thread kicks off.

Just as an aside, and I know you appreciate feedback, the back of your car is super clean, no badges and yet you have a 'Comtech sticker' .... Surely that's gotta go?

Regards, Paul

Paul don't diss the sticker... LOL... it's silver on silver and pretty subtle.

I just added another sticker too:

EF88BB74-75DF-4DD5-A927-418F7102A5AB-1329-000000A70EC8E117_zps38389e2a.jpg

Hi.. Can you please take a pics of bottom? I was wondering can it fit it on Oem spoiler? Instead of type r spoiler! Thanks :)

Hi.. Can you please take a pics of bottom? I was wondering can it fit it on Oem spoiler? Instead of type r spoiler! Thanks :)

I can do better than that for you. I can test it on my OEM spoiler.

Damn, just a few inches short.....story of my life! :frown: :biggrin:

please do this!!!

I don't think there would be a huge demand for this. And it would be so different, the bottom doesn't fit either. You may as well start from scratch and make your own part. It's not just a matter of extending the sides. It's a completely different fit.

I don't think there would be a huge demand for this. And it would be so different, the bottom doesn't fit either. You may as well start from scratch and make your own part. It's not just a matter of extending the sides. It's a completely different fit.

Turbo, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have to respectfully disagree. If this gurney flap was for the OEM spoiler and I had the Type-R wing, I would gladly revert to the OEM spoiler to use this piece. My humble opinion is that the Type-R wing doesn't flow well with the NSX lines and only looks good on certain cars (with certain mods). I think this gurney flap would look more at home on a modded NSX with an OEM spoiler. Purely my opinion, and subjective of course. :redface:

Yeah I am not arguing over the look, I just am not sure how many would want it. Maybe you are right. Perhaps I will start a poll and see how many real interested people there would be. I also think then we should give TK a chance to develop the part first before we go copying it. I don't like this copy business too much to be honest. It's theft of their design in a way. If they say no we don't want to make it, then nsx1145 or whoever can look into making them. That's just my feelings on it.

For TK to consider a design of the OEM, this first buy has to be a successful one. I can't go making demands when I have barely sold any of the current one for them.

Last edited:
Back