• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging Interest for NSX Garage Logo

Hey guys, I've never done anything like this before, but after having much success on the 'receiving' end of group buys, I’d thought I’d try to be on the 'giving' side for a change.

I’ve always been really impressed (and thankful) for such an awesome group of owners that is willing to market out to other members some of the products they have made out of the passion for the NSX. I’ve bought Stacey’s side skirts and instrument cluster rings, White’s NSX HID kit, and Bat’s smoked taillight overlays. Each time I was impressed with the quality, fit and most of all, price. It was been a wonderful experience each time.

The unofficial garage pic thread sparked an idea to see if anyone would be interested in some painted wood logo’s that you could put up in your garage. An example would be like the picture below:

12272garage_2_002-med.jpg

12272darktail_014-med.jpg

Or this
12272Dsc_0002_small.jpg

12272Dsc_0001_small.jpg

from caz-nsx’s garage in his thread. At this point I’d be open to any ideas right about now; sizes, style, etc. I could have them cut and already painted in the color of your choice.

So what do you guys think? Interested? If so, what styles and sizes would you go for? Most importantly how much would you be willing to pay? Does $40 shipped sound too expensive?

Now I’ll be the first to say that this is a really easy DIY that almost anyone can do. I would highly recommend everyone to try and do it themselves as it is extremely fun and gratifying to do. But I know how time and tools can really permit someone from taking on this task. Plus it might be so much easier for one person to make a template and just run out a batch of 20 or so on a Sunday afternoon. So, I just thought I'd ask to see if there was much interest in something like this. Thanks!

*****EDIT******

Ok, here's the situation. Since there has been so much expressed interest I've deicded to undertake this job. Here are the specs of what I'm offering.

Garage letters and logo for wall mounting.
The kit would include the letters A-C-U-R-A and N-S-X along with the Acura logo.

The N-S-X letters will be 16" wide by 9" tall
The A-C-U-R-A letters will be 12" wide by 10" tall
The Logo will be 18" in diameter
All pieces will be made form 1/2" thick particle board (similar to MDF)
All pieces will be painted to the color of your choice (Red, White, Black, Silver, Yellow or Blue)

The total price will be $55 shipped with insurance.

Sorry that's a little higher than my $40 estimate, but the real killer is the shipping. :eek: If you are interested I'll make a batch. Either PM me or let me know you are in and I'll add your name to the list. Thanks!

1. Lex5847 (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
2. CL65 Captain (Need preferences)
3. nsxtasy (Black Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
4. NSXSOON ((Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
5. Chris NSX (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
6. Splitz (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
7. nsxrm (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
8. nsxrm (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
9. Bobolinski (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
10. Donwon (Black Logo, Black NSX, Silver Acura)

****EDIT****
The group buy is full for right now. I'll keep you posted if there will be a garage logo wall hang group buy 2 in the future. Thanks everybody!

Last edited:
Depending on the quality of the construction and if I had to paint it I'd be interested.

Great idea. I like the size and colors of the one in the referenced thread. $40 painted and shipped sounds like a winner to me. Please count me in!

Just what i've been waiting for. I'll buy three of them. One for the office..the garage...and the bedroom.

Wow, I didn't realize there was quite a demand for them. :smile: Well I stopped by Lowe's today to size up some rough costs to see what it would take for me to do the job. I edited the first post to reflect what I've come up with. Check it out and if you are interested, please sign up. Thanks!

Vega$ NSX Please sign me up. I would like mine to be the same color scheme as caz-nsx's scheme. So I signed myself up and hopefully I will be the first to pimp out their garage with this. Thank you for even considering doing this!

1. Lex5847

I am in too, I added myself to the list

Well it would have been F'd up if I was the first one who showed interest and not signed up.

6. Splitz (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura

Are there any discount for economies of scale for the colours? :Smile:

Sorry I am so late to this thread. I had to take a day off to get a heater installed, in the garage.

If it would help at all I have my original artwork in AutoCAD, scaled to the size on my wall. It was copied directly from the Acura web site so it is as accurate as you can get.

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send it to you.

Here is a pic of the parts after they had been primed. It was a fun winter project.

Attachments

• Picture023_small.JPG
    Picture023_small.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:
Perfect timing Ive been pricing flooring, count me in.

7.Bobolinski (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)

7.Bobolinski (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
8. Donwon (silver Logo, Black NSX, Silver Acura)

Hey, do you have any options for the ACURA size, I can deal with it, but would prefer to have it a bit smaller

Okay guys, once again thanks for expressing interest in this. For right now I'm limiting the group buy to the 10 I've got so far. I've got to figure out if I'll be able to pull this off in a timely manner or not. (It took caz-nsx about 12-15 hours to do his and about 5-6 to do mine.) I'm really banking on the hope that I can make an assembly line approach to this. If this turns out to be a success, then I'll consider opening up another batch of 10 for another group buy. So as of 10/30 I've got my list as:

6. Splitz (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
7. nsxrm (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
8. nsxrm (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
9. Bobolinski (Silver Logo, Red NSX, Black Acura)
10. Donwon (Black Logo, Black NSX, Silver Acura)

I'll be sending you all email/payment information and details of when I expect to have them done soon. In the meantime, could you look over your list and make sure your color preferences are correct. One last thing to note, I may end up changing the size of the ACURA font to a slightly smaller size. It seems it might be a bit to big for the other letters so I may shrink it to better balance the whole combo. I'll sketch it up this week in CAD to see how it compares and let you know. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back