• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GB: Leatherseats.com group buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello NSXPrime members! We have received a lot of requests for another group buy, so here it is! Our group buys are a little different then most because each one of our interiors is custom made to your specifications. We will keep a list of people that are "interested and will buy" in the first post. To have your name added to this list, just post in this thread, PM me, or email me at [email protected]. The week of November 26th is the week to call in and place your order. After the 30th of Nov. the group buy will be closed, and all of the orders that we received will go into production at that time. Build time is approx. 2-3 weeks after that. If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Here is the pricing:
nsxgb06.jpg

Here is the list:
1. burbel
2. 95EagleAWD
3. kdirty130
4. Thom ORDERED
5. BMKNSX ORDERED
6. doccao
7. SteveVukobratovic ORDERED
8. ChrisW ORDERED
9. Coz ORDERED
10. Alas-NSX
11. kdfsplit ORDERED
12. F16Flyer ORDERED
13. Steve P. ORDERED
14. trixstr ORDERED

Here is a link to our NSX specific page on our website:
http://www.leatherseats.com/NSX_leather_kit.asp

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you would like to be added to the list!

Last edited:
I know what the door inserts are, but what are "flat perforated seat inserts"? What comes as standard for the standard price?

I was just thinking I'd like solid black leather with perforated center seat sections and NO bunched leather. Just like the ebay auction.

I know what the door inserts are, but what are "flat perforated seat inserts"? What comes as standard for the standard price?

I was just thinking I'd like solid black leather with perforated center seat sections and NO bunched leather. Just like the ebay auction.

The flat-perf seat inserts are the holes in the leather, just like the 99+ NSX interiors. The standard price will include the upholstery for both front seats incuding the headrests in a single-color with smooth inserts. We are not offering the gathered seat inserts at this time.

Also interested....

Black leather, with black suede inserts for the butt and all the way up the back.

Would it be possibly to do the whole seat in suede rather than leather?

Oh this is very tempting...I'm on the fence right now.

Does anyone have pictures of Black perforated seat inserts on black with red stitching...with perforated door panels?

Last edited:
burbel: I'll add you to the list!

95EagleAWD: I'll add you to the list! We can do 100% suede for an additional $300.00.

Big_D: No problem. However, adding your name to the list only means that you are interested and will buy if we reach the maximum discount. If we don't reach 10 orders, you are under no obligation to buy.

I'm interested but wondering about all vinyl. Is that available in color combos and with perforated inserts? Would it be less?

Oh this is very tempting...I'm on the fence right now.

Does anyone have pictures of Black perforated seat inserts on black with red stitching...with perforated door panels?

I got the black perforated center portion with red stitching and it looks great. I have not one regret and everyone who sits in the car notices it and thinks it is oem.

I can't comment on the door panels as I did not purchase them.

95EagleAWD: No problem. That would just be the standard suede upgrade.

MrBret: 100% vinyl would only be $100.00 less. It is available in all of the colors, except the Ecru/Ivory. We cannot perforated the vinyl though. If your car sets in the sun, I would not recommend vinyl as it gets much hotter in direct sunlight and doesn't dissipate heat as quickly as leather.

DocL: Thanks! I'm always delighted to hear reviews from happy customers!

I've received an email that brought up some things I feel we should mention. First, these interiors are made of a leather/vinyl combination which is the same as the OEM leather. For the vast majority of our customers, this is just fine as you really can't tell the difference from the leather and the vinyl after the interior is installed, and you are never actually sitting on anything that is vinyl. Here is a diagram showing the leather/vinyl on our interiors (and OEM interiors):
premium3d.jpg

Second, if you have an Ivory interior, our color match is our Ecru. This color does not have a matching vinyl, so if you want 100% Ecru covers you will need to purchase 100% leather, which is an additional $200.00.

Third, the piping replaces the double stitcing. In my opinion the piping doesn't look quite right on the NSX seat due to the bolsters being wide and boxy. Below is a picture of a MKIV Supra to show what the piping looks like.
suprapiping01.jpg

Bill is the custom leather Nappa?

Thanks

Grey perforated inserts with red stitching.

I highly recommend this group buy...it will take years off your NSX.

seat6.jpg

I too recommend doing this to an interior. I'll try to post a pic of mine later.
Very happy with product and service.
FWIW, this IS a DIY type of project.

AWESOME! Add me to the list!!!

Outside black, inside ivory

I went to the web site to go through the list to establish the
desired seat leather outcome, so here is the description captured:
1 Leather Interior Kits
Selected options for: Leather Interior Kits
Type of seats in the front of your vehicle:
Seat style: Flat, Perforated (add $35)
Wrap Color: Black (Leather) (Leather)
Insert Color: Ivory (Leather) (add $30)
Two-tone style: Two-Tone Centers
Total cost of options: $65.00

NSXFRIEND: I'm not sure what you mean by "Nappa Leather". Typically, Nappa is in reference to a grain of leather. We use a milled pebble or G-grain leather. It is very similar to what BMW uses.

DrVolkl: Looks great! Thanks!

92NSX: Thanks for the review!

kdirty130: I'll add you to the list!

Thom: Sounds good. I'll add you to the list!

PaulL: Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Bill.
I'm just trying to decide if I want to lose the wrinkled look of the factory leather. I DO have some slightly worn spots and discolored areas (camel color), but the factory leather has those neat folds and wrinkles (97) ... and the new stuff would be completely smooth.
I wonder if I could remove the factory leather and still be able to replace it if I wanted to?

leather kit for my gs400 was awesome, and I do recommend new piping if the car comes with it like in the lexus. I had the tu-tone with green piping. Nice touch and the kit is as good as oem.

PaulL: We can do the gathered inserts for an additional $50.00 if you like. You can re-install the factory leather later on too if you like.

Fireballs_92nsx: Thanks for the review! It's amazing how many members cross over from different forums over the years!

NSXFRIEND: I'm not sure what you mean by "Nappa Leather". Typically, Nappa is in reference to a grain of leather. We use a milled pebble or G-grain leather. It is very similar to what BMW uses.

Brochure reads Nappa leather for all NSX, so is the grain of leather that you use the same? I do know BMW uses 1 leatherett, 2 leather, 3 soft Nappa leather and other makes such as Ferrari as Connolly soft leather.

http://nwrfca.org/faq/leathercare.html

Brochure reads Nappa leather for all NSX, so is the grain of leather that you use the same? I do know BMW uses 1 leatherett, 2 leather, 3 soft Nappa leather and other makes such as Ferrari as Connolly soft leather.

http://nwrfca.org/faq/leathercare.html

Hmmm. That must be the brand. Our leather has a distinct grain, similar to what BMW uses. It is not smooth grain like the factory leather in your NSX. If you like, I can send you a sample. Just email me at [email protected] with your name, mailing address, and what colors you would like to see.

Oh, I didn't realize you can gather the inserts.

I would really like to see some pics of camel, both gathered and ungathered.
That would probably help me make up my mind.

I searched nsxprime, but didn't find any gathered nor any in camel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back