• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

General reactions to your cars so far

Surprised to see this has not been talked about yet. I'm wondering what people's reactions to your new NSX has been.

I have only put 200 miles on my car, which is to say, have barely driven it. I've only driven it 3-4 times due to holidays, work, travel, etc. Here are some notable reactions to my car:

1) on drive home from dealership with my new NSX, stopped by 2nd Acura dealer to see if they would budge on their 130R NSX (which was higher priced MSRP but less desirable options imho). Many of the sales people and employees came out to see my NSX and see it start & leave the lot. Pretty cool reaction from folks who see the new NSX often in their showroom.

2) still on drive home, stopped at tire shop with someone who got his 98 Monte Carlo tires inflated there. ALL of the tire shop employees dropped what they were doing, came out to gawk and take photos of the car.

3) While stopping at the bank to run an errand today, fellow bank customers drove over to the remote part of the parking lot I was parked to gawk at the car and ask me questions about. A notable experience was an older gentleman in a regular SUV with a handicap parking tag, coming over to look at the car and ask what it was and more details about it. Some of the bank employees also went to the parking lot to take photos of the car.

4) While getting gas today, a car rolled up next to me and said "it looks like a Corvette from the rear, but it's not a Corvette. How big is the engine?" Also got a bunch of stares from other people at the gas station.

5) Got my tires inflated at the tire shop today, most of the employees came out to gawk at the car. Many of them had jaw-dropping reactions, couldn't believe what they were seeing. Got completely unsolicited reactions & comments like "this is so beautiful, far better looking than the R8!", "I prefer this car over a Lamborghini or Ferrari".

6) Went shopping at the grocery store, parked in far lot, and some people came by with their shopping carts and said "this looks like an invitation to a ticket!", "is that an Acura? It's gorgeous!!" etc... all completely unsolicited. I never got these types of reactions in my 91 NSX which is pretty bad ass.

I've had more jaw breaking reactions from the few times I've driven this car over the entire nearly 15 years I've had my 91 NSX. This car turns heads and even people who see exotic cars all the time can't help but admire this car in person. It's so much better looking in person with the subtle angles which can't be appreciated as well in a 2D photograph or video.

Congratulations.

Where are you located?

We have talked about reactions to the car a fair amount here.

I get a lot of phones out the windows of other cars when I am on the highway.

Folks in auto related businesses do tend to be very interactive, asking questions, thumbs up, etc.

The car is popular at cars and coffee events as well.

everyone likes the car so far and I haven't gotten flipped off yet or any negative comments (I've received neg comments in the lambo once) but haven't noticed anyone whipping out their phones (always get someone whipping out the phone if I drive the orange gallardo spyder). Even several women have commented on the car which has happened exactly 1x in the 91 nsx in 17 years of ownership. Everyone seems to think it being an Acura is extremely cool. Best thing is I have yet to run across another 2nd gen nsx in 2 months and ~1800 miles of driving (nsx meets/drives don't count) whereas if I drive a porsche I couldn't keep count of how many I would see

It got a ton of attention at COTA for the F1 weekend. Lots of stares and phone pics in my small hometown.

This one was my favorite. My sister in law came across it on FB. I don't know the guy who posted it.

For the record, the lines I'm parked across do not have parking spots on the other side haha.

View attachment 149734

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:
Congratulations.

Where are you located?

We have talked about reactions to the car a fair amount here.

I get a lot of phones out the windows of other cars when I am on the highway.

Folks in auto related businesses do tend to be very interactive, asking questions, thumbs up, etc.

The car is popular at cars and coffee events as well.

I'm in Arizona. What's most shocking to me is not that it gets attention, but the type of folks it gets attention from. It's not just the typical teens & young men. It's folks of all ages, both men and women.

As I mentioned, middle-age and older guys and women come up to gawk, make comments, and ask about the car. Not the typical car crowd that is attracted to racer cars. For instance, I would never imagine someone driving an SUV with a handicap license plate making an effort to drive over and ask about the car at length, or your average older CostCo shopper coming by and making comments to ask about the car... most of them aren't car people and don't give a crap about cars, but this crowd is where I have gotten the most comments with the few times I've taken it out.

Of course the younger boy racer crowd will go nuts at the car, but they typically are more turned on by your typical exotics like Lamborghini's and Ferrari's, McLaren's, etc. It's the much more mature / older crowd's unsolicited reaction that makes a striking reaction in my experience.

I was telling a friend - if you drive a Corvette, or even a more mundane Ferrari, you probably will have people stare a little but not come up to talk to you about the car... but the NSX, wow does it get a reaction and people just go nuts. Given the rarity of the car, I expect this to continue for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Here in the SF bay area where it's not un-common to run into exotics on a daily basis, the NSX still gets it's share of looks.

Granted the one we drove was black (stealthy) ~ it draws out camera phones and the always popular question, how fast is it? Or can you rev it?

People seem to be more friendly seeing the Acura badge so that is a good thing.

At the local C&C event where they only allow "exotics" to show, they do consider the new NSX as a member and welcome owners to display their cars. We have a big event Xmas eve this weekend so hoping to see a few more new NSX's show up.

Two months in and I have never had so much attention in a car...

At cars and coffee in row with 488, Hurricans my car drew the biggest crowd.

Women flagging me down in parking lots asking me what kind of car it is. I have NEVER had a woman ask me about any of my cars.

In one 2 mile trip to Target I had four people hang out of their windows for pics.

Filling up at a local gas station and three people at same time come up and ask me about my car, one guy was an attorney in a suit and the other Im pretty sure was high on meth. I joke now that my car brings all people together.

Car people are generally curious about the car and non-car people think it is cool so you're getting attention from both groups.

Agree with above... The Acura badge makes you more "approachable".

MC

2017 Berlina Black Acura NSX
2105 GMC Yukon Denali
2003 Mazda Miata
1995 Mazda Miata #02
2008 Chevy Corvette Z06 (sold)
1996 Acura NSX-T (sold)
2015 Jaguar F-type R (gone)
2011 Cadillac CTS-V (sold)

haha for those that recognize the Acura logo...you guys are sensible and responsible...:biggrin:

I have to agree that the Gen2 gets a lot more attention than my Gen1 did. I also haven't gotten mistaken compliments on my Corvette either. I too and surprised at the broad spectrum of people that it attracts. I was solicited for sex, but both he and I agreed that neither one of us were attracted to the same sex. The only,other car that got as much attention for me was my Lotus Esprit. Even women knew the car from the movie Pretty Woman and one did make a suggestive comment to me. However as most of us already know, the NSX is a dude of all ages magnet. Whenever I get the chance I talk to everyone who asks about the car and they all tell me how stunning it is. I think the Nouvelle Blue also has a lot to do with the compliments.

I take mine to two local meets and it always gets a lot of attention and comps.

The best one so far: "That thing is sex on wheels".

Lots of surprised looks when I bring up the subject of it being designed by a woman.

However, I did have to make up some "Do Not Touch" signs as I found people putting their hands on and in every opening of the car.

WTF is with that?

dont_touch_my_car_A2-500x500_0.jpg

I don't use this sign, but thought about it.

Last edited:
I was driving through San Francisco (SOMA) the other day when an S2000 emerged from traffic and pulled up next to me at a light. I rolled the window down and the driver (who had the top down) exclaimed enthusiastically, "THAT IS A BAD MOTHERF****R. THAT IS A BAD MOTHERF****ER!!!"

I gave him the shaka and threw it in Sport+ to treat him to a properly sexy takeoff. Best reaction so far.

I was driving through San Francisco (SOMA) the other day when an S2000 emerged from traffic and pulled up next to me at a light. I rolled the window down and the driver (who had the top down) exclaimed enthusiastically, "THAT IS A BAD MOTHERF****R. THAT IS A BAD MOTHERF****ER!!!"

I gave him the shaka and threw it in Sport+ to treat him to a properly sexy takeoff. Best reaction so far.

Cars always sound better in SF :)

Nice to see a positive reaction from an S2000 driver

The folks on S2Ki are even grumpier than many of the folks here cuz they can't afford a Gen 2 (let alone a Gen 1) and the new Civic Type R appears to have a problematic tranny (grinds going into second) so they don't want in on that

The folks on S2Ki are even grumpier than many of the folks here cuz they can't afford a Gen 2 (let alone a Gen 1) and the new Civic Type R appears to have a problematic tranny (grinds going into second) so they don't want in on that

I'm not! :) But yeah, there are a few s2ki users that I've blocked because of the unrelenting negativity they post about anything from Honda these days. (And to be honest, there are some here on nsxprime I've blocked too...)

Civics have had the 2nd gear grind since 2003!

There's also the 5th to 4th gear lockout on the CTR as well.

The folks on S2Ki are even grumpier than many of the folks here cuz they can't afford a Gen 2 (let alone a Gen 1) and the new Civic Type R appears to have a problematic tranny (grinds going into second) so they don't want in on that[/QUOTE]

Nothing some GM friction modified sychromesh MTF can't fix. That grinding problem is old. S2k, TLS 6mt, now CTR. The only good product that came out of GM. :tongue:

My friend and I were going to lunch and a bunch of guys pull up next to me in a Lexus.

We roll down windows, the guys ogle the car and one says,"Toyota sure builds nice looking cars, looks great!".

My reply,"No Toyota here buddy, it's an NSX".

I am sure it won't be the last time.

Back