• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Genuine NSX-R Gauge Cluster Set

BD

Legendary Member
First order of Type Parts Business. I got the pricing for the genuine NA2 NSX-R cluster set.

This is for NA2 OBDII only cars and is in KPH. We have not tested in OBDII NA1 (95/96) so I can't tell you if it will work.

1. The set comes with the circuit boards to make the switch. You will NOT be able to install the gauge pod only to make it work properly because MPH is sweeping at a different scale than KPH. Shift lights are included but NOT operational. You can add an aftermarket module to make it work later.

2.You will loose the Cruise Control Indicator/light, but it will still work.

The item is out of stock but the word from a Japanese Honda dealer is that Honda will have them in stock again by October 15th.

This may be a long shot because of the pricing, but it is much cheaper than other venders have so far.

$2400 1-5 Sets
$2300 6-10 Sets
$2250 10 plus Sets

The discount for 6 or 10 plus set is calculated and offered by the Honda dealer.

BTW, this price is actually cheaper than the USDM parts if you get the same items for the US cars.

What you see is what you get.
13449DSC00962.jpg

Last edited:
You will NOT be able to install the gauge pod only to make it work properly because MPH is sweeping at a different scale than KPH.

You can put a KPH cluster in a MPH NA2 car...... been there done that works 100%

Last edited:
You will NOT be able to install the gauge pod only to make it work properly because MPH is sweeping at a different scale than KPH.

You can put a KPH cluster in a MPH NA2 car...... been there done that works 100%

Huh? KPH cluster does not require the installation of the circuit board. If you have a USDM MPH cluster, the circuit board is required for correct reading of the speed because the USDM circuit board sweep at a different rate/scale than the KPH.

Vance for what is worth when I went back from a Stack system to the OEM NSX-R ( NA1 ) gauge here in the UK, I purchased a signal converter that made the KPH show MPH as UK cars must show MPH. I then just installed a sticker MPH over KPH.

Cheers,

AR

Apparently my last post was confusing people and Vance asked me to remove it. Vance, it is nothing personal and in no way meant to detract from any sales. I am new on here and don't want to confuse or piss off people but I have experience in this situation and we are supposed to be helping each other right?

If it was in the for sale section then no one could post against it? That way your business would be kept private.

so here is a simpler explanation........

We know 300km/h = 186 mph

Domestic (US/UK) cars have 180mph speedos.

When you fit the NSX-R gauge face only and drive at 62mph the needle will point to 100km/h.

If you want 100km/h on the NSX-R gauge face to actually mean 100mph you can fit a speedo convertor to do this and then fit a mph decal over the km'h one to indicate the whole scale is in mph.

Doing the above however will mean you have a 300mph speedo now......It will be harder to read the smaller scale (speed differences) accurately.

Of course after all this, most may be happy with just a 300km/h scale and no mph indication. This would be illegal in the UK, maybe not in the US but I still think you should be aware of the possibilites..

Thanks,

Haga

Huh? KPH cluster does not require the installation of the circuit board. If you have a USDM MPH cluster, the circuit board is required for correct reading of the speed because the USDM circuit board sweep at a different rate/scale than the KPH.

thx Vancehu .... I know why it worked then... I live in Canada and installed a KPH cluster in my US car ... I borrowed it to try for the day.... But i still would like a KPH cluster of my own....

So your saying it was supposed to work right?

Last edited:
Apparently my last post was confusing people and Vance asked me to remove it. Vance, it is nothing personal and in no way meant to detract from any sales. I am new on here and don't want to confuse or piss off people but I have experience in this situation and we are supposed to be helping each other right?

If it was in the for sale section then no one could post against it? That way your business would be kept private.

so here is a simpler explanation........

We know 300km/h = 186 mph

Domestic (US/UK) cars have 180mph speedos.

When you fit the NSX-R gauge face only and drive at 62mph the needle will point to 100km/h.

If you want 100km/h on the NSX-R gauge face to actually mean 100mph you can fit a speedo convertor to do this and then fit a mph decal over the km'h one to indicate the whole scale is in mph.

Doing the above however will mean you have a 300mph speedo now......It will be harder to read the smaller scale (speed differences) accurately.

Of course after all this, most may be happy with just a 300km/h scale and no mph indication. This would be illegal in the UK, maybe not in the US but I still think you should be aware of the possibilites..

Thanks,

Haga

I case you haven't figure out yet, any one who buys JDM OEM NSX-R parts are the people who don't care about he how the speedometer reads, but have the desire to have the real deal.

I also have the NSX-R replicated overlays in MPH I came up with two years ago, even with that, people are still asking me for the real deal.

Therefore, what ever you have over there in UK (I have been there many times), the mentality is very different.

As I have explained through PM, you are absolutely welcome to open up a thread under "owner's discussion." In some cases, some one may think you're a vender, or associate to a vender who wants to sell overlays.

Regardless, do a search, this topic of KPH vs MPH has been beaten to death; you're actually quite late to the discussion.

CONVERSION:
75 kph = 46.6 mph (50 MPH)
100 kph = 62.0 mph (60 MPH)
120 kph = 74.5 mph (75 MPH)
160 kph = 99.4 mph (100 MPH)

There are actually many collectors car from Europe and Asian with KPH clusters. Go to PAG meet you will see them. Even some gray import Ferraris from the 70/80s are with KPH.

Not relevant

Last edited:
Big Vance,

i would like to be in this groupbuy, i'll PM you with some details.

here it is your photo edited:
NSX-R_Cluster.jpg

- green circles. I really only need/want this parts.
- red crosses. Although the circuit boards are included, i really don't need any of these parts
- blue circle. Don't know what it is, but i think i don't need them.

Thanks,
Nuno

Nuno, just yesterday I got the message back from Japan. After inquiring for the pricing for the individual gauge pods, it is cheaper to get the entire system as a package. Unless you have the entire system already, but need to replace an individual face pods, it is better to go this route.

That is why I decided to go this route because it makes financial sense.

I know you've been wanting the system, this is a better way to do it.

Nuno, just yesterday I got the message back from Japan. After inquiring for the pricing for the individual gauge pods, it is cheaper to get the entire system as a package. Unless you have the entire system already, but need to replace an individual face pods, it is better to go this route.

That is why I decided to go this route because it makes financial sense.

I know you've been wanting the system, this is a better way to do it.

:wink: well... this answer the last question of my PM...

I need it in KM's as I liev in Mexico. I have no problem with it "as is" how ong would it take for you to get it?

I need it in KM's as I liev in Mexico. I have no problem with it "as is" how ong would it take for you to get it?
The preliminary word is the Honda will restock on October 15th, if that is the case, it should arrive late October.

so I will just replace the parts in the pic you posted with the parts on my USD cluster?.... The red green lights I assume are shift lights.. will these be functionable?

Last edited:
This is for NA2 OBDII only cars and is in KPH. We have not tested in OBDII NA1 (95/96) so I can't tell you if it will work.

1. The set comes with the circuit boards to make the switch. You will NOT be able to install the gauge pod only to make it work properly because MPH is sweeping at a different scale than KPH. Shift lights are included but NOT operational. You can add an aftermarket module to make it work later.

Please take note of the above.

David, i see you have a 92 = OBDI

Antonio

Last edited:
Please take note of the above.

David, i see you have a 92 = OBDI

Antonio
Canadian Car OK, because they are already on the KPH system. Therefore, you don't need to use the circuit board (but it's part of the package).

ok I need to learn to read I guess... Shift lights are there for looks only... ok cool.... Regardless everyone will have to buy the whole package. Vancehu Im in when you get them

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if in the end you got the shift light working on your R cluster set?

2.You will loose the Cruise Control Indicator/light, but it will still work.

The item is out of stock but the word from a Japanese Honda dealer is that Honda will have them in stock again by October 15th.

This may be a long shot because of the pricing, but it is much cheaper than other venders have so far.

$2400 1-5 Sets
$2300 6-10 Sets
$2250 10 plus Sets

The discount for 6 or 10 plus set is calculated and offered by the Honda dealer.

BTW, this price is actually cheaper than the USDM parts if you get the same items for the US cars.

What you see is what you get.
13449DSC00962.jpg

I have them working in my na2 nsx. Had to use a electronics box from pro car. The good news is you can adjust when the shift lights come ob (what rpm). They are neat

Hey, I was wondering if in the end you got the shift light working on your R cluster set?

I believe he went into a local shop in socal and got it working properly. that shop has done it a few times, so it was relatively easy for them.

Anyone know if theres a way to work around this to get it to work on a USDM 91 OBD1? Will appreciate any input. Thanks!

Back