• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

good business credit card

whats a good business credit card, that you small business owners use.
I was thinking of the AMEX plati and MC or Visa for those places that dont take AMEX.
The VISA Black Card is a possibility too

Last edited:
Re: good business

I've used AMEX for 20+ years....I've never had an issue with anyone not taking it. Their membership rewards on their Gold Rewards and Platinum card is awesome. I charge over 100k a year so I end up with a truck load of points that I can use for travel or shopping at SHOPAMEX.COM (which is all of their partner merchants). I cashed in points this christmas for a portable bose sound dock, 3 ipods and a host of other crap which ends up more than paying for my membership fee.

I was using the CitiBusiness with the Thankyou network rewards. Worked fairly well for airplane tickets etc...

But that program got axed, so now I'm looking for something else. I have an Amex business blue card, but I haven't been too impressed with it.

I charge about 40-60k a year....so maybe not enough for some of those other programs you mentioned.

Never really had a small business. In fact it was quite the contrary. I usually worked for large multi-national organizations, and I was always issued an American Express Gold Card. Don't know why, but there must be something in that.:confused:

I was also allowed to charge personal items as well as business items. Never did that, but regardless, the balance had to be paid at the end of the month. Just didn't think my reimbursement check coupled with my personal account wasn't worth it.

My greatest problem was that I have always traveled internationally and doing my expense accounts with all of the currency conversations was a pain in the butt. That, and I would always lose or forget receipts. I always lost money every month. I always thought it was fascinating that people could "pad" their business expenses. I always lost money.:confused:

http://www.creditcards.com/

Allows you to select the criteria of your ideal card...then compares similar cards side by side. Great site.

If you choose to sign up online.....just be careful and make sure that the terms on the app you're filling out match the terms of what you read. Credit card companies like to change their terms often and without notice. ;)

Back