• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good for the ego!

I just get the car and I am driving home from my buddies house after showing it off.

I pull up next to an ACURA that is just tricked out, you can tell the owner did some work on his baby.

The guys face was priceless!

Gave me a big thumbs up after he recovered.

My friend and I go to an Italian restaurant every two weeks for lunch.

He makes me drive now and we sit outside and watch the show as the NSX always attracts lookie loos.

So a PORSCHE GT3 (pearl white) circles the lot once and then parks three down from me.

A car pulls up and people get out with a kid out with the phone taking pictures of the NSX.

He didn't even glance at the PORSCHE.

My buddy commented that you can find PORSCHES all day.

^Walker died in a Carrera GT

Yup my mistake, but all PORSCHES derived from the 911 look alike. lol

Until you get behind them it is really hard (for me) to tell without badging.

Although when it looks as wide as a tractor trailer I assume it is "special".

Last edited:
I think the point is that "unique and cool" is often more attractive than "fastest" or even "best." In big cities, no 911 will turn heads or get second looks (apart from the 0.1% of people who notice a 911R or GT3 RS or whatever).

I think it is an objective reality that the new NSX gets more position attention than any 911 under 99% of circumstances.

First, carrera gt is considered one of the greatest cars ever built, sounds like a racecar, not based on 911, leave it out of this thread, second, many porsches fans drive them because they are under the radar, great on track and generally bulletproof. Porsche is the only company embracing enthusiast demand for natural aspiration and manual transmissions.

First, carrera gt is considered one of the greatest cars ever built, sounds like a racecar, not based on 911, leave it out of this thread, second, many porsches fans drive them because they are under the radar, great on track and generally bulletproof. Porsche is the only company embracing enthusiast demand for natural aspiration and manual transmissions.

It would be more pertinent if you were comparing a 918 if you want to talk PORSCHE.

Also, IMO one of the "greatest" PORSCHES was the 917.

That was a race car.

Last edited:
Posts getting deleted on this site. Who's in charge? Facebook, Google?
Very sad when you cannot take the heat on a subject.

Your post was rude and was flagged. If you can't take the heat of showing respect on this forum, feel free to be rude on other sites.

Kind of thought it would be a good thread to talk about the reactions to the car and not from a car show.

Didn't think I would end up getting flamed.

KUDOS to the moderator for spotting the troll(s).

Do you have a picts side by side? Please do post if u have some. Thanks
No pics with an NSX... but, lots of other pictures.
BTW, I suppose my 50 years of owning high-performance automobiles now makes me a troll. I just love that one! :confused:

Last edited:
Completely undeniable the NSX looks like an exotic car next to the pedestrian souped up Beetles, now Lamborghini versus NSX if it was a dollar for dollar I would pick Lamborghini... but it is cool that you don't see the NSX very much out and certainly does get lots of attention at least here in central Ohio just a stones throw from the factory

Ideal for me would be a car I like the look of but most people ignore. I didn't get an NSX for what other people think about it.

I would like it if people paid less attention to my (1995) NSX. Last week a driver was taking video of my car with his phone while driving alongside me at 65 mph. He didn't wander out of his lane, but even so I'd have preferred that his attention stayed on driving his car.

Took the car to a local monthly car show where everything shows up.

It was the only NSX and got a lot of attention and comments, all good.

We have yet to get the new NSX and our Huracan together for a shoot as it's always in pieces for R&D but here's two side by side, the R8 is the little brother :

Nice shot. Dumbarton bridge?

I think the new NSX is directly in between the Huracan and R8 as far as form goes. Median height between the two also I reckon.

So this morning I am leaving for work and the garage door is up while I put stuff in the Cad (the trunk on the NSX won't cut it).

A guy in my complex (owns a C6 Corvette) pulls up and gets out.

He tells me,"Do you mind if I look and drool a bit?".

"That thing looks BITCHIN"

Completely undeniable the NSX looks like an exotic car next to the pedestrian souped up Beetles, now Lamborghini versus NSX if it was a dollar for dollar I would pick Lamborghini... but it is cool that you don't see the NSX very much out and certainly does get lots of attention at least here in central Ohio just a stones throw from the factory

That's where I was very surprised as a matter of fact. We had a Valencia Red NSX at the Cannonball Run stop in St. Paul. Parked right next to a green Lambo and an Aston and the NSX had the crowd around it the entire time. Every kid that walked by had their parents ask if they like the green one or the red one and nearly all of the said "The red one!" with tons of enthusiasm. Had it next to tons of R8's, Mclaren's, Ferrari, Lambo's etc. Only cars that will really pull attention away from it is anything with doors that go up. Those will pull attention away in a hurry. I've got some cool video's of the lineups we have had it next to.
https://youtu.be/-Fz0DNq8lME
NSX6.jpgIMG_1967.jpgBuerkle R8 2.jpgBuerkle R8 3.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you're a car enthusiast, and a knowledgeable one at that, the vast majority of people will see a bright colored, very low and awesome looking fast car! Many of my non-car loving friends can barely tell difference between two sedans of the same color and from my experience majority of the public is similar. (Even many at car shows and C&C events are probably not hugely knowledgeable I would imagine)

The styling of the NSX is certainly amazing and very well done. And people will probably think it's a Ferrari or a "Lambo."

Back