• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

good idea for some do it yourselfers

when taking most of the front end stuff our for light wieght etc (blower motor, evaportor, spare wheel, bracket for the spare, 545 battery etc. i found i had this huge gap under the car with and empty wall just asking for some sort of drag at higher speeds.

anyway i went to my local sign store and the sell sheets of what looks like corgalated plastic they usally put vinyl letters on the plastic to make the sign. well a sheet of 4'* 8' was only $10. i cut it to size after messuring the desired lengh and width etc. and attached it in the front we're the factory chin spoiler conects and used black zip ties to conect the back and center pieces, it really seem to make the car more stable. it has been on their for nearly 2 week now and i've had the car well over 150 mph many times. under my car looks like a little toy car now :)

p.s. thery do make this stuff in black

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 04 May 2002).]

no if i had you would just see the underneith of my car was black and flush looking like a toy car it looks cool.

If I understand correctly, you created a flat panel underbody covering the front area of the car. This mods will improve your front downforce capabilities, and may induce oversteer if it improve too much.

How? You will need to understand a little bit about fluid dynamics. The flat panel underbody will create a venturi effect. It speed up the air travel by reducing turbulance, and speeding the air flow underneath. When air flow speeds up, the pressure goes down. Thus creating more downforce.

aluminum is good but my way is easyier cheaper and has some flex if needed:)

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 05 May 2002).]

Back