• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good shops in LA/SoCal for '94 restoration?

Had my red '94 since '98 and can't part with it. Was my daily driver from '98 until this year, now I'm commuting in a natural gas Civic GX (love it). It's running well, but needs a variety of restoration work, such as:

- Paint (black roof is toast, body is ok but needs at least a good rub/polish)
- Interior (console peeling, seat bolsters worn)
- A/C not blowing cold
- 125k miles, timing belts done at 60k, probably time to do them again...
- Shocks shot

Plus I'd like to perhaps do a couple of upgrades (headers? exhaust? suspension?). I'd like to stick close to stock, and end up with a pristine "canyon carver".

Can anyone recommend an LA/SoCal shop who does good work on NSXen? Since I have my commuter I can have it off the road for a while.

Well you have to know about Ramon in Laguna Nigel he is the NSX expert in socal everyone goes to him for car/engine work. he put on my headers and exhaust. for super good body work and paint id check out Bell Auto in Huntington Beach, my NSX is there now getting repainted and a bumper fixed they are super good.

Well you have to know about Ramon in Laguna Nigel he is the NSX expert in socal everyone goes to him for car/engine work. he put on my headers and exhaust. for super good body work and paint id check out Bell Auto in Huntington Beach, my NSX is there now getting repainted and a bumper fixed they are super good.
+1 for Ramon

+ 3 for Ramon and I hear nothing but great things about Bell Auto for paint and body work.

Mark - It looks like you have two scopes of work here. Mechanical/Engine maintenance and Paint & Body. If you're keeping the same original color (recommended) then have all the maintenance internals done first then finish it off with a fresh respray. :)

This will likely require two shops. Good luck! Post before and after pics!

You cant beat Ramon,

For paint work, I recommend Marcos (Pasadena Shop). They recently painted the front end (bumper, hood and front fenders) of my NSX and did a excellent job. The manager's name is Brian. Tell Brian that I referred you. You won't get a discount like I did (Brian is a friend of my son-in-law) but you will know that he will do a good job.

Good Luck.

Mario

Marcos Auto Body
565 North Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena
(626) 795-7500

Last edited:
You cant beat Ramon,

For paint work, I recommend Marcos (Pasadena Shop). They recently painted the front end (bumper, hood and front fenders) of my NSX and did a excellent job. The manager's name is Brian. Tell Brian that I referred you. You won't get a discount like I did (Brian is a friend of my son-in-law) but you will know that he will do a good job.

Good Luck.

Mario

Marcos Auto Body
565 North Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena
(626) 795-7500

What kind of prices for a front end respray? my front bumper needs some TLC... PM me if you want to chat. Thx!

Back