• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gorgeous Sound

Edo and I went for a drive last night just after he removed his engine cover to replace it with the aluminum mesh design. He already has a K&N cone filter which made the NSX sound much better (throatier, louder) BUT with the engine cover off we were in pure bliss! It sounded so good it was amazing!
Anybody else had this experience with this combo? (K&N & mesh)

I remember reading an article about the NSX-R . In that article they said one of the ways they reduced weight in the car was to remove the inner rear window. Has anyone ever tried that?

I didnt notice any sound increase from removing the engine cover, that's strange
Also, PUREVIL, the NSX-R, S and S-zero has a one layer inner glass. If you dont have anything in there, can you imagine the the fumes you are going to inhale?
smile.gif

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

I have the K&N cone filter. When i removed the engine cover it was noticeably louder.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

maomaonsx

I swore it said there was nothing at all, but you do make a good point about the fumes
smile.gif
I wonder how much weight you'd save if you used a thin piece of lexan? Along with the lexan rear hatch glass too?

I think it would be a noticeable amount of weight saving if you replace the glass hatch with a lexan unit. Mugen makes one with a scoop on top, and vents on the side. But it costs $4000+. Usually, you can have a copy of the stock glass hatch made from lexan for about $1000

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

I know kingmotorsports.com sells the Mugen lexan hatch with 3 choices of scoops and one with no scoop for about 3800, which I think is a huge rip off. I haven't found a inner window replacement yet.

Speaking of great sound, I recently bought the Comptech Carbon Fiber cold air intake and it sounds really awesome. At part throttle it sounds like a turbo spoolin up, its crazy! One day I was driving to a friends house and a guy in a lowered integra was driving next to me and heard my intake and asked if it was turbo charged! I said nope. He asked what the sound was because the thought I was messing with him. I told him it was just the intake. But under full it just roars, I LOVE IT! But the damn thing is going to get me into trouble with the police, I can see it now!

Back