• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

got 17.xx gallons of 93 octane for $000.18 tonight...

I guess the pump you used rolled over and started at $00.0 again. What is the price of gas if you paid $100.18?

no, premium is around $3.90 here

im going to try and explain this as best as possible.

at safeway if you have one of those club cards you get at any grocery store, a $100 dollar purchase takes 10 cents off every gallon of gasoline you buy, and every 2 prescriptions you fill takes 10 cents off every gallon, all of the discounts you earn add up together, the discount period lasts for 3 months and then you have to accumulate your discounts again.

anyways, a guy my freind works with fills lots of prescriptions at safeway and buys all of his food at safeway so my freind tried it out with his account yestarday on the way back from the gym. i am assuming it is .01 per gallon since you have to pay something even though the amount of discounts on the account is probably more than 4 dollars worth.

this is at safeway gas stations since you have to use your club card, i tried to find some info on this on safeway.com but i couldnt find any specific club card incentives.

Wow. I never would have guessed that deal in my lifetime. If there was a Safeway down in Florida I'd be buying all my cr@p there and be happy to fill up at $0.18/gal.

EXCACTLY! the .18 cents only topped off his expedition

im trying to find the specifics on this, so i can buy a nice suv or maybe a ram srt-10 and i dont want this deal to dry up and be left with a 10mpg monster with 4.00 gasoline.

Last edited:
The other day I was at a gas station and this gal runs over to my car and I thought she was going to ask me for money. Instead, she asked me if I wanted the rest of her gas because she was using a gift card to fill up gas and the balance was just going to disappear if no one used it. So I said yes, and she was up to $60 already so gave me the $15 remainder of gas.

Then she told me the trick she was using. She was buying these $25 gift cards from 7-11 and for some reason you could get $75 worth of gas at the pump with them.

I later found out that some gas pumps do like a pre-charge of $75 on credit cards and for some reason these credit gift cards were able to precharge for $75 and so the pumps would give you that amount in gas, even though it was only a $25 card.

A week later, I went to 7-11 and bought the AMEX and Visa gift card to "test" this out. I guess they must have fixed the pumps because neither of them worked as she described but I imagine it was probably a short lived error.

Back