• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got hassled about my exhaust...

There are noise level bi-laws, etc. and you aren't supposed to modify your stock exhaust. Listen to one Harley and it makes all the NSXs in the world seem like caddies!...

EXACTLY!! I have never understood how Harleys can be so terribly loud and it is okay, but a car cannot be half as loud without getting a disturbing the peace type of ticket. Noise is noise!! Why should a Harley be exempt? :mad:

By the way...my Taitec JGTC Parallel is loud when I need it to be, and I like it that way. :wink:

I'm with you Mitch. A Harley fired up one morning 4-5 doors down on a Saturday morning and it sounded like an exploding transformer and literally shook the house. I went ouside thinking a tree came down or something only to see a guy on a Harley... geez.

I like my NSX nice and loud as well but it's nowhere near as loud and obnoxious as a Harley. I've got an ARC Ti with Taitec Test pipes and if I keep the RPM at 4k+, it can be VERY obnoxious, but I don't do that on residential back streets...

Now I am thinking of swaping my test pipe back to a cat. since I have it set up with the ARC Ti. I just want to enjoy my car without any hassle from cops or anyone.

EXACTLY!! Why should a Harley be exempt?

As the saying goes.......if we had to explain you wouldn't understand! After all it's just a bike!

I knew you would chime in! LOL!! :D

I am saying that in the terms of noise and bothering the neighborhood, noise is noise. If someone wants to say my car bothers the peace, but a Harley twice as loud is fine, that just does not make sense. The experience of the riding a Harley is something totally different.

Harleys (not all) are GOOD noise, something different then just noise. Riding one is a different subject altogether, but I'm told this is a car - no NSX forum, so we won't go there. In fact it's so nice out right now I'm going for a ride and make noise

Harleys (not all) are GOOD noise, something different then just noise. Riding one is a different subject altogether, but I'm told this is a car - no NSX forum, so we won't go there. In fact it's so nice out right now I'm going for a ride and make noise

:D Have fun! :cool:

Just FYI I have a Tubi on my 3.2 with cats and standard intake. We had a little meet at the weekend and tested our new NSXCB sound meter. At 6,000 RPM mine was 92db's. That was the same as a standard car without the cats and 1db more than a stock '91 3.0! Cheers, Matt.

Now I am thinking of swaping my test pipe back to a cat. since I have it set up with the ARC Ti. I just want to enjoy my car without any hassle from cops or anyone.

I'll take that ARc Ti off your hands if you think it's too loud.

I'm 23 with tinted windows, loud exhaust, black Volks and a red NSX. I don't give a shit if the cops pull me over, they can't do anything about it. (Except the tint, I guess)

I don't get why you guys are so "afraid" of the police pulling you over... Have the laws in Ontario got that Draconian?

Its gotten quite Draconian here.

Might be an age thing too. :D I didn't give two shits when I was 23. Now I do. :tongue:

I got a $195.00 ticket for my Tubi, the cop said it was to loud. I said its stock then he looks under the car and reads the tag on it that says for compation use. :mad:

I've had my car, with the exhaust on it for over 3 years now and finally a few months back I was pulled over and harrassed for the exhaust. I told him I had "purchased" the car with that exhaust on there and that its a high end sports car so it's hard to necessarily keep it quiet ;)

I got a $195.00 ticket for my Tubi, the cop said it was to loud. I said its stock then he looks under the car and reads the tag on it that says for compation use. :mad:

Is that compation as in Compassionate, like you were being nice to your neighbors?:biggrin:

Or compation like competition that you lost, like a spelling bee?:rolleyes:

BTW - now that Mitch is an honorary Canadian the gloves are off, my brother!:wink:

"just when I thought I was out.....they drag me back in"

Tomato tomoto its all the same to me.

Arshad, how are you my friend?
I am not driving anything these days, the freaking US dollar is just killing me right now. Nothing worse than working in the US and living in Canada.

Speaking of living like a poor dog, where the hell is Beeyootch at?

Two thoughts:
1) Officer the little box is active noise cancelling - its new technology - you should have heard it BEFORE:biggrin: :tongue:

2) Isn't your muffler tip too far inside your rear valiance? It seems like you're directing a lot of heat at :confused: plastic?

yes , it is my ingenious plan to destroy the pre-02 rear valence,thus leaving one with no other alterative but to purchase an 02-style one!!!(and a polished exhaust tip)

"just when I thought I was out.....they drag me back in"

Hey dude, its cool to be outa the closet, I respect your bravery, and although I couldn't contemplate smokin' a pirate I certainly won't criticize you for your sexuality - besides you can get legally married in Canada now.:smile:

Tomato tomoto its all the same to me.

Thats what I'm saying, I don't care where you wanna put your cucumber!:wink:

Arshad, how are you my friend?

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but he's married with three kids!:redface:

I am not driving anything these days,

I'm sorry, you'll find that special someone, just give it time!:smile:

the freaking US dollar is just killing me right now. Nothing worse than working in the US and living in Canada.

Living in Canada, a more tolerant society, makes sense for a guy with your proclivities, I understand, its probably worth the exchange rate to have sexual freedom - don't beat yourself up (or off):wink:

Speaking of living like a poor dog, where the hell is Beeyootch at?

Married and bought a new house, sorry, the field narrows yet again!:frown:

Back