• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got My Car Back From C-tech!!!

WOW!
HEY GUYS IT'S SAM,
I DON'T POST MUCH BUT I HAD TO SHARE MY EXCITEMENT ABOUT THE SERVIVE FROM COMPTECH. I HAVE A 91 3.0 WITH A COMPTECH SUPERCHARGER, FULL EXHAUST AND INTAKE. I SENT MY CAR IN A WHILE AGO AND HAD THEM ADD THE E.S.M. AND DO SOME TUNING.

365 RWHP
260 RWTQ

CAR FEELS AWESOME AND IT'S LIKE THERE IS NO SUPERCHARGER. JUST A BIG MOTOR. AND SMOOTH.

ALSO I ADDED THE NON-COMPLIANCE REAR PARTS AND HAD THE 6-SPEED INSTALLED WITH 4.55 R&P. THE SUSPENSION PARTS ARE GREAT. THEY DON'T REALLY ROUGHEN THE RIDE AND MAKE THE CAR MORE STABLE AS DISCRIBED ON THE SITE.

AS FOR THE TRANS. THAT ROCKS TOO. TEH GEARS ARE NOT TOO SHORT AS I HAD SUSPECTED. THE EXTRA TQ IS VERY APPEARENT. I JUST REMEMBER WATCHING PETER CUNNINGHAM ON THE IN CAR CAM RIPPING THROUGH THE GEARS AND NOW I SEE HOW. THE CAR IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I DROVE A 5 SPEED AND IT'S JUST AS COOL. THE DIFFERENCE THERE IS THE 5 SPEED HAS A GAP BETWEEN 4TH AND 5TH GEAR. THE 6 SPEED IS CROSSED THROUGH THE 4-5-6 SHIFT. THE COMPTECH CLUTCH IS VERY STRONG AND WORKS GREAT. LIGHTER THAN MOST ALL THE OTHERS.

I ALSO HAVE LOTS OF OTHER PARTS ON THE CAR LIKE THE TEIN SUSPENSION WHICH IS GREAT, BREMBO BRAKES, SWAY BARS, AND MORE.

I GOT A LOT OF THOSE PARTS FROM DALI AND S.O.S. WHOM HAVE ALSO BOTH BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE AND OFFERED SOOOOOO MANY PARTS ITS NEVER GOING TO END.

IN CONCLUSION,
THE ABOVE PARTS ARE GREAT AND THE REASON I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT THEM WAS TO COMMEND BOB, SHAD AND THE GUYS AT COMPTECH. BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS NOW AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ABOUT THE PRODUCTS AND TUNERS.

I HOPE ANYONE WHO DOES BUSINESS WITH COMPTECH IS AS REWARDED AS MYSELF.

THANKS,
SAM

THAT'S AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR CAR! I AGREE, COMPTECH IS AN AWESOME COMPANY. WHAT IS NEXT ON YOUR LIST TO MODIFY YOUR NSX WITH?

IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE THE 9LB COMPTECH SUPERCHARGER. OR DO YOU HAVE THE 6LB SUPERCHARGER?

:D

THANKS.
YEAH IT IS A 9LB PULLEY. THERE IS NOT MUCH MORE TO BO BUT I'M SURE ILL FIND SOMETHING. I ALMOST HAVE THE ENTIRE CATALOGUE.

What it the top speed you are getting in each gear with this transmission?

Last edited:
I HAVN'T REALLY CHECKED EXACTLY BUT I WOULD SAY
1ST 40
2ND 65+
3RD 90+
4TH 115
5TH 140+-
6TH UP TO 170+
THATS WHAT I SEE WITHOUT HAVING A PASSENGER LOG IT.
FEELS GOOD BUT THERE IS SURELY MORE SHIFTING. BUT THATS THE FUN IN IT. AND YOU CAN SKIP GEARS DUE TO THE TQ.

Thanks Craig and powered,
Sorry guys. I just suck at typing. Maybe I can blame it on the accessive shifting I have been doing. ;)
Craig do you have the e.s.m. in yours? It rocks.
Sam

Not yet....what are the advantages? Does this allow tuning of the A/F? Last time I asked someone at CT about this they told me to leave things as they are. :confused:

No complaints with my current power though....I believe I will get a lot further with brakes and suspension. I'm working on the brakes now and will probably go to the Tien's when I'm done with this project and then on to the tranny, clutch and flywheel.

sahdoot said:
I HAVN'T REALLY CHECKED EXACTLY BUT I WOULD SAY
1ST 40
2ND 65+
3RD 90+
4TH 115
5TH 140+-
6TH UP TO 170+
THATS WHAT I SEE WITHOUT HAVING A PASSENGER LOG IT.
FEELS GOOD BUT THERE IS SURELY MORE SHIFTING. BUT THATS THE FUN IN IT. AND YOU CAN SKIP GEARS DUE TO THE TQ.

Have you seen 170 with your gear set up? I have a 2002 and can not decied between the 4.235 or the 4.55 gears. If you get 170 out of yor car can you post the rpm you were at. I have seen a bit over 170 in my 02 with factory gears and do not want to loose that ability.

AJKS said:
Have you seen 170 with your gear set up? I have a 2002 and can not decied between the 4.235 or the 4.55 gears. If you get 170 out of yor car can you post the rpm you were at. I have seen a bit over 170 in my 02 with factory gears and do not want to loose that ability.
At around 170, you're drag limited (stock) rather than gear limited. If you go FI, you really won't need shorter (larger numerical ratio) gearing. If it helps you with your decision, the late model NSX-R uses the 4.23.

I have a 91 NSX with 9 lb CT supercharger, CT 4.55 R&P, 6 speed transmission. During a shakedown run at the Silver State Classic in Nevada, I drove my car between 165 - 170 mph for about 5 - 10 miles. I had about 500 - 700 rpm's or so left before redline, but I did not attempt to achieve maximum speed due to the rules of the rally organizers. Also, I didn't really want to go any faster, although I felt the car was capable of going faster. When I finished my run, the tech inspectors looked under my engine, and the transmission had vented transmission fluid out of the case through an existing hose. The transmission fluid was covering the brakes, etc. The tech inspectors said this was a common occurence among cars that ran in the speed category. They said the mustang and corvette guys literally put cans or receptacles to catch the fluid that is vented out due to the excessive heat. A word to the wise about running at high speeds for extended periods of time. You may be spilling transmission fluid and not know it. Not a good thing to discover when you apply the brakes and have none.

Hey guys,
I was out of town. I have to say I am very worried to know that the car will do over 170 because that means I am going to try it soon. Craig, the e.s.m. does not do much in the sense of tuning. What it does is make the boost more seamless. No delay. At least mine had a delay before.

Does anyone have a problem with there windows leaking air at over 130 mph? It feals like my windows are sucking out. I even had them adjusted and it still does it.

sahdoot said:

Does anyone have a problem with there windows leaking air at over 130 mph? It feals like my windows are sucking out. I even had them adjusted and it still does it.
Yea, I do a bit. I assumed I just need to replace some weatherstrip. As with all cars they simply become compressed so many times that the rebound is diminished by memory from the door remaining closed all the time.

Back