• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

got my new OS Giken strc clutch installed but...

she makes a metallic grinding noise when pedal is depressed.. wasnt there before when i took out the old worn out oem clutch....what could it be?? cable adjustments or anything serious?i hope not!! clutch engaged perfectly. just the noise that bugs me!HELP!!

Suppose to be normal.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFtL-7RQRWU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFtL-7RQRWU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Most aftermarket clutches do make noise.

I'm considering this and the SOS Carbon which is suppose to be quieter....

Suppose to be normal.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AFtL-7RQRWU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Most aftermarket clutches do make noise.

I'm considering this and the SOS Carbon which is suppose to be quieter....

yup thats exactly what its doing and same sound!!so is that normal then?

Used to have an OS Giken clutch in one of my old cars and it made the same noise.

It used to make an awesome honking sound when it got warm and you slipped it too, gotta love race clutches lol.

I heard some rumors that your carbon carbon clutch is now even quieter and probably the quietest one.

True?

Yes, it is much quieter because the tolerance of the floater in the cover is tighter and the steel floater interfaces with hard anodized aluminum, instead of steel against steel, which quiets things down.

-- Chris

The clutch WORKS beautifully though, the thing is that your car is supposed to be louder than the clutch.

And the Exedy twin is also quiet (although it works like crap)

sorry but my OEM Dual doesnt sound like that actually you cant even hear it.

that sounds like shi_t I wouldnt drive or use a product that sounds like that no matter what.

My exedy Hyper Single does not make a weird sound like that? Engagement sounds a bit rough but in general its pretty quiet?

she makes a metallic grinding noise when pedal is depressed.. wasnt there before when i took out the old worn out oem clutch....what could it be?? cable adjustments or anything serious?i hope not!! clutch engaged perfectly. just the noise that bugs me!HELP!!
What model did you get?

Unfortunately most aftermarket unsprung dual disc clutches on the market clatter like that. Its the tradeoff for lightness and holding capacity

You shouldnt be sitting at a stop eith the clutch in anyway.

Back