• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got My Taitec Today =)

Got My Taitec Today *Pic*

YAY, gr8 job sos, i didnt expect it to get here yet and SCREW customs those bastages, i hate them. As for the taitec look and sound :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wow, thats how my face was and thats what i said about it. EASILY worth 1200 bucks!

Last edited:
yes i agree. customs does suck! glad to hear you enjoy your exhaust!

just got it yesterday and i ordered it about 2 1/2-3 months ago. and it should have been here about 3 weeks ago but it was in customs that whole time.

1swtnsx said:
just got it yesterday and i ordered it about 2 1/2-3 months ago. and it should have been here about 3 weeks ago but it was in customs that whole time.

Now get off the computer and get that badboy exahust installed. It's about an 1.5 hours DIY.

To all nsxers waiting for Jdm Imported Parts,

Ill explain why it takes so long,

Depending on the mode of travel between Asia and the US, if it is flown it could be here nfo (next flight out) for about 500-1000 per unit. If it comes in by the container or (less than Container load) it is about a 20 to 30 day transit time and is generally 7 dollars a kilo Max. Customs Rarely hold up an order UNLESS the paperwork is not correct. Bogus declared values slow the process because the Government wants their tax money and will do a market evaluation to get a rough estimate of the value . If everything is legit paperwise, it is usually the freight companys irresponsible personnel or the Importer that are causing the hold up. Everybody uses the Gov. as the scape goat for delayed shipment. Commercial Invoices are Imperative!
If anyone need shipping help pm me.

I got the Taitec JGTC Parallel without headers for now. Looks MUCH better then that Vacuum cleaner lookin exhaust =)

Here it is on the car
1swtnsx.jpg

and if someone could tell me how to post it up here, i got a sound clip of it on my car also. See ya guys. and thanks again SOS

Last edited:
hi guys, sorry for the off-topic but...

i've always seen the license plate no. covered or digitaly deformed as above, whats the deal ???? :confused:

thanx

AC

i dont know, i wasnt sure weather to do it or not either. But i guess what if some crazy hacker dude had a thing where he took your license plate number and found your adress somehow because thats where its registered to? i dont know, its a sense of some kinda security for us i guess. You can never be too careful.

Nice sound, crisp. One of these days when I go deaf I may replace my DTM styles that I got from RM Racing when they were still around. Damn thing have such a low rumble, anything below 40mph is nuts cause of the resonance. Wonder if headers might help....:confused:

thanks. I was using my little cheapy camara cause thats all i got. I love the exhaust though. Headers would make it louder for your application, no? anyways, thanks for the words though.

NSXrunner said:
Nice sound, crisp. One of these days when I go deaf I may replace my DTM styles that I got from RM Racing when they were still around. Damn thing have such a low rumble, anything below 40mph is nuts cause of the resonance. Wonder if headers might help....:confused:

Nope headers won't fix the problem :(, had a RM single tip exhaust way back along with comptech headers on my 97, the resonance was still there with the headers. Ended up switching to a Comptech Exhaust and the resonance was gone :D

1swtnsx said:
... and if someone could tell me how to post it up here, i got a sound clip of it on my car also. ..
I know you already got it covered, but for future reference you can upload video diretcly to your NSXPrime Gallery and use that as the host.

I just got my Taitec today also.....mine was with your shipment and got stuck for a while, I ordered mine about a month ago.

this is the second Taitec, this one will replace my Comptech on my CTSC..

but it will be shipped to FL to a Marine shop, where I will have mine covered with an sound proofing plus heat shield, all with an aluminum jacket. they make these for Big Turbo boat engines. per the engineer, it will cut the resonance/ vibration and also keep it cooler.

I also seen this on a Ferrari option for an Enzo.

will let you all know if it works. well I kind of know it will, because one day i wrapped my existing Taitec with a thermal blanket and drove hard..and....

NO resonance but with all the BAD ASS sound....but stopped so it won't melt the blanket.

but I am sure this will be another 2-3 weeks

which Taitec???

litoG said:
I just got my Taitec today also.....mine was with your shipment and got stuck for a while, I ordered mine about a month ago.

this is the second Taitec, this one will replace my Comptech on my CTSC..

but it will be shipped to FL to a Marine shop, where I will have mine covered with an sound proofing plus heat shield, all with an aluminum jacket. they make these for Big Turbo boat engines. per the engineer, it will cut the resonance/ vibration and also keep it cooler.

I also seen this on a Ferrari option for an Enzo.

will let you all know if it works. well I kind of know it will, because one day i wrapped my existing Taitec with a thermal blanket and drove hard..and....

NO resonance but with all the BAD ASS sound....but stopped so it won't melt the blanket.

but I am sure this will be another 2-3 weeks

Are you referring to the Taitec JGTC Parallel or the Taitec GT-Lightweight, in regards to resonance ("droning") ?!? :confused:

The Taitec JGTC Parallel does not have droning resonance, and that's the particular exhaust this thread is discussing.

However, the Taitec GT-Lightweight has been known to have obtrusive droning resonance in certain ranges of rpm's.

Re: which Taitec???

oops, after reading your post and the rest, 19 post, only about two said about Taitec JGTC.......

I tried to order the JGTC Parallel from SOS, but Chris told me it will even take much longer, and said he already have a shipment of the GT-lightweight coming................so I took that.

No droning on the JGTC huh, I thought I seen one for sale on Prime. I should check that out.

I have the Taitec GT-Lightweight on my NA Red NSX, it sounds great, at idle almost like American Muscle V8 and once start higher RPM and hit VTEC it turns the sound to a mean Honda CBR sport bike scream.…I will listen to the sound clip at work. And see if sounds about the same as mine.

D'Ecosse said:
I know you already got it covered, but for future reference you can upload video diretcly to your NSXPrime Gallery and use that as the host.

hey thanks man, i was wondering if you could do that but didnt know how to before, so i just uploaded it to the site i used. Thanks though.:smile:

DocL said:
This video sounds very good. It sounds exactly like the Taitec JGTC Parallel on my car.

Good job!

I'm so glad you said that it sounds like your JGTC exhaust, now I know what it sounds like :) Many people say that the sound recordings often don't give the right noise...

I think I'm going to go for center-exit JGTC + Taitec rear diffuser istead of Tubi after all :D I will be placing my order to SOS soon :D

Thanks. And yes, it sounds pretty good!!

Back