• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX got keyed at the GYM today.

Can't believe the loser cop wouldn't lift a finger to help him.... oink oink.

In the eyes of the law, it's only property damage. A report is filed and the issue is between the property owner and insurance. The odds of lifting a print on a keyed car, is very slim and a waste of time.

Wow :eek:.Sorry to hear about what happen and hope you find out who did this and make him/her pay for it.GL :smile:

Can't believe the loser cop wouldn't lift a finger to help him.... oink oink.

I have to defend my cop friends, but at the same time lament the situation.

Most cops are hard working professionals, and deal with tons of idiots on a daily basis. As far as this situation goes, there is not much he could have done. If someone keys the car, chance of them leaving a finger print are slim to none, and even if prints were found, the nature of this property damage making this a priority for CSI are extremely low.

That said, I had someone hit my car in traffic and ran off (drive & run). I got the plate, filed the report with the cops. I persisted over a year to try to bring the hit & run driver to justice, all to no avail. The cops are just far too busy with more important crimes to deal with property crimes, even though mine was a hit & run accident!!

The Supreme Court has also held that cops in the US have no duty to protect the life of an individual whose life is in danger. So if a robber comes to your house and threatens your life or your family's life, the cops have no special duty to try to save your life. http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/kasler-protection.html

Many people are very naive and think that the police will solve every crime and protect everyone. Realistically there is no way in hell any police department could really help out in this situation.

But then what do I pay a ton of money in taxes for?

So a government funded police officer has no obligation to protect my life (even though I'm paying him) but yet it's illegal for me to hire my own police force with the powers of an officer. In other words, the most I can hire is a bodyguard, but who has no official powers related to law enforcement. They can't arrest anyone, detain them and in some cases, can't even carry a concealed weapon.

:frown:

^Yes, they are much too busy with far more important things, like giving me 5 no front tag tickets last year. :cool:

But then what do I pay a ton of money in taxes for?

So a government funded police officer has no obligation to protect my life (even though I'm paying him) but yet it's illegal for me to hire my own police force with the powers of an officer. In other words, the most I can hire is a bodyguard, but who has no official powers related to law enforcement. They can't arrest anyone, detain them and in some cases, can't even carry a concealed weapon.

:frown:

Yes, this is something the liberals seem to miss, in trying to ban guns from lawful owners. Thank goodness Arizona / Nevada allows a lawful citizen to own guns for self-defense, because some other places like Chicago, California, New Jersey, etc. places the criminal's lives above a law abiding citizen's life, as they don't want lawful citizens to be able to protect themselves...

Also, a large mandate of the police departments is to generate revenue via traffic citations for the local city government operation.

Aack.. seems we have derailed the OP's thread, so let's get back on topic.

OP - might be a good time to consider a vinyl wrap, like this?? http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156466

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to ask about that mysterious camera yet. Being the person I am, I'm not sure if it's wise for me to know who actualy did it. :mad:

When it happened, I was in rage/panic mode; so I was asking the police officer to do some off the wall stuff. That's from me watching too much Foresic Files.

Last edited:
Thanks for the concern fellas.

I shopped 5 seperate bodyshops. Based on the reviews and the tour, I finally found one I'm comfortable with. They want it for 3-4 weeks to ensure it's done right. So, I'm dropping it off tommorow.

I'm keeping it stock, Berlina Black.

Batman vs the netviper,
sounds like a b grade movie lol

EAC sorry to hear about your situation.
I can't believe the cops wont lift a finger to help.
If someone breaks into your house and steals property worth $3000 they will investigate but if someone damages your car intentionly they wont help.
Whats the difference?:confused:

Batman vs the netviper,
sounds like a b grade movie lol

EAC sorry to hear about your situation.
I can't believe the cops wont lift a finger to help.
If someone breaks into your house and steals property worth $3000 they will investigate but if someone damages your car intentionly they wont help.
Whats the difference?:confused:

The difference is you know who has been in your house, but not who has touched your car while it sat in public. There's a huge difference. How do you expect them to differentiate between the vandal (who probably didn't touch the car with anything but a key) and some random guy who happened to touch it while walking by? Aside from taking the report, there's really not much that can be done unless they're caught in the act.

Last edited:
With that logic grand theft auto should never be investigated because it would be just to difficult to find the offender without having any evidence.
And whats the difference if someone damages the inside of your car/house or the outside.
Its just a case of cops doing what they do best. not giving a f...

That said, I had someone hit my car in traffic and ran off (drive & run). I got the plate, filed the report with the cops. I persisted over a year to try to bring the hit & run driver to justice, all to no avail. The cops are just far too busy with more important crimes to deal with property crimes, even though mine was a hit & run accident!!

The exact same thing happen to me a few years ago!! The Illinois State Police would not help me!

The exact same thing happen to me a few years ago!! The Illinois State Police would not help me!

I'm just curious as to what kind of "help" you would have wanted the police to do? Unless the event was witnessed and the perp could be identified there is really not much they could do. The problem is that there are so many criminal mischiefs going on everyday it would be impossible to investigate them all.

I'm just curious as to what kind of "help" you would have wanted the police to do? Unless the event was witnessed and the perp could be identified there is really not much they could do. The problem is that there are so many criminal mischiefs going on everyday it would be impossible to investigate them all.

Huh? Some guy hit me on the highway, I chased him and got his plate #. Long story short, the police called the registered owner, asked if they were involved in an accident, the registered owner said "No" Case closed!

I asked the tropper, so if I hit and run and deny it..I am not liable huh?? I got dead silence. I guess it only matters if I kill someone and not some fender bender :rolleyes:

I too got the plate #, caught up to the other driver at the next light, asked him to pull over so we can look at the damage. He refused to and took off.

I told the police I could do a photo lineup of the driver. At the very minimum have the police look at the vehicle of the other driver, to compare the damage on his vehicle and mine.

After filing a police report, the police found out the other vehicle did not have insurance on it, which is probably why the driver fled. Even despite that the police didn't follow up as they should. To me that is not acceptable.

This was a hit & run accident in traffic. Do you truly expect the cops to do nothing?? :confused:

Last edited:
You're right in both of those cases. The police should have done more work. I was referring to the OP case in which his car was keyed with no witnesses or other evidence.

Are you kidding me?

Just precisely who do you expect to deal with this sort of thing? And precisely what do you think we the taxpayers are paying for?

Are you a cop?

Bottom line is nobody cares if your car or anything you own gets vandalized. Police are too busy to do more than write a report. It's up to you and your insurance company. Sad but true.

You may have heard about a stolen bicycle that the owner found a craigslist ad for. The cops wouldn't do anything about it. So the owner pretended to be a prospective buyer and stole it back. The police didn't recommend that the owner get involved.

Back