• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got the buzz out

I had been frustrated with the buzzing sound coming from the rear view mirror to the point of applying Krazy glue to the bezel (which did nothing) and then using rubber bands to almost completely stop the buzzing. By this point my mirror looked like it belonged in a Yugo not a world class sports car.

I have now installed a Gentex auto dimming mirror from the MITO corp http://www.mitocorp.com/nvsmirro.htm and couldn’t be happier. This mirror rocks! Completely silent, super build quality and the dimming feature just has to be seen to be believed. My brother has this mirror in his Sequoia with the compass and temp feature. The only scary part was removing the old button from the windshield. This turned out to be super easy. I heated the mirror mounting button and then used a safety razor blade to slowly pry the button off. Be very careful and take your time as you don’t want to break your windshield. With enough heat and working around the button with the razor it will com right off. I wired it to the second from rear (switched on with ignition) accessory terminals by the driver side foot well where I have my V-1 hard wired as well.

So if your mirror is buzzing or you just want a mirror that looks at home in the NSX I highly recommend this product.

PS. Ask for the free mounting button and adhesive kit when ordering

Attachments

• Gentex Mirror 8x6.jpg
    Gentex Mirror 8x6.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,696
  • Gentex Mirror 06 8x6.jpg
    Gentex Mirror 06 8x6.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,706
Nice link - I like it!
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

Sweet! I wanted to get a compass in the car (the only navigation I need) and the outside temperature meter is cool. I'm gonna have to order one up... Thanks!

Update:

I just checked eBay, the fully loaded ones with maplight, compass, and temperature u can get for about $200 shipped. But I checked on the Gentex website that they have a version with Homelink so I can get rid of my garage door opener... That is so cool! I'll let you know what the seller says about getting some of these...

HLCompTempLightSt.jpg

Last edited:
I drove last night and the dimming feature is simply awesome. I will never live without it again. Make sure you take into account that the compass / temp mirror is larger. The dimming only is very close to the OEM size.

Looks like the mirror in the Murano that I used to drive! It's very good indeed .. and I love the homelink + dimming feature.
How do you run the power wires ?? I mean, how do you route the wires so that it's hidden from view ?? Do you have any pics for the wiring ??

Thanks .. Gus

Back