• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 4

I've palyed the copy of the demo version. It in chinese. I took the School lesson and just got the Yellow Takata 2003 JGTC NSX. You have to play it. The sound of the GT NSX is very, I said very intoxicating. The game level is way beyond GT3. Have to play it again. Hehe. Did I tell you that the graphic is very detail. The first place where I get to drive the NSX is in New York city? I haven't been there but I guess its the place. When you win the pit people surrounds your car and cheers you. It is that good.:D

I've been downloading all of the video clips of GT4 Prologue posted on ps2.ign.com. I'm drooling...and wishing this "demo" was coming out in the U.S.

In particular, check out the ending clip (the one that shows the behind-the-scene footage). Towards the end of the clip, they show the first footage from the Hong Kong track...OMG! I have a new favorite look for GT4. AHHHHHHHH! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Jin1976 said:
I've palyed the copy of the demo version. It in chinese. I took the School lesson and just got the Yellow Takata 2003 JGTC NSX. You have to play it. The sound of the GT NSX is very, I said very intoxicating. The game level is way beyond GT3. Have to play it again. Hehe. Did I tell you that the graphic is very detail. The first place where I get to drive the NSX is in New York city? I haven't been there but I guess its the place. When you win the pit people surrounds your car and cheers you. It is that good.:D

Hey Jin

I got GT4: Prlogue too. Did the Takata 2003 JGTC NSX sound funny to you? (maybe its my speakers) But it sounds like a
RC car engine.. Super high strung whinnyness.. Doesn't sound like it has much displacement.

Not complaining though.. The acceleration in that car is NUTS!
:D

Also is it just me.. or does the steering/pedlas feel unresponsive in the game in general?
:confused:

Can't wait to hear how my car sounds in GT4. ;)

pt_gt4screen01212.jpg

I played GT4 prologue a couple days a go and I didn't like the control. I'd barely touch the brake button and I would lock up the brakes and slide off all the turns. A bit annoying. I'm worried that the game is designed only for steering wheels, which I hate using on video games in my living room. PGR2 is great, though, since the two trigger buttons have a lot of analog movement, so I can better control throttle and braking. Perhaps I have to give in and get the steering wheel for my PS2.

Has anyone heard about a release date?:confused:

I'd barely touch the brake button and I would lock up the brakes and slide off all the turns.

Have you tried mapping the acceleration and brakes to the right analog stick? This is the only way to play racing games on the Dual Shock controller...

And I haven't heard anything about an official release date. All I know is that I can't wait much longer! :p

I received my copy of Prologue today. It is the Chinese version unfortunately. I was hoping they were going to send the Japanese version instead. I can't understand anything they are saying....

I've only played it with the gamepad so far and I havn't figured out what toggles simulation vs. assisted driving. So far I've noticed these improvements:

- better car models
- gear changes are more realistic
- braking feedback and sound effects are more realistic
- physics seem to be improved greatly as how the tire interface with the asphalt
- 2 new real life tracks Fuji and Tsukuba
- Many "interesting" cars

I already have mine on reserve! GT4 that is.

You may want to do the same, I am being told that the game will be near impossable to get your hands on when it comes out. I have a friend who works at GameStop so I just handed over 5 bucks and reserved my copy.

Re: Re: Gran Turismo 4

Kaz said:
Hey Jin

I got GT4: Prlogue too. Did the Takata 2003 JGTC NSX sound funny to you? (maybe its my speakers) But it sounds like a
RC car engine.. Super high strung whinnyness.. Doesn't sound like it has much displacement.

Not complaining though.. The acceleration in that car is NUTS!
:D

Also is it just me.. or does the steering/pedlas feel unresponsive in the game in general?
:confused:

I think the sound is very close to real life. Do you hear the car upshifting and downshifting? When you use automatic transmission and you brake the NSX hard it sounds as if the car is down shifting with the sequential gear.

About the control I think I like it. Very tight. I guess with the NSX you have to use hand brake quite a lot to turn through sharp corners. Drift the car if its possible for you. That's what I do. I haven't beaten the Silver or Gold time for the NSX though.:D

Re: Re: Re: Gran Turismo 4

Jin1976 said:
I think the sound is very close to real life. Do you hear the car upshifting and downshifting? When you use automatic transmission and you brake the NSX hard it sounds as if the car is down shifting with the sequential gear.

About the control I think I like it. Very tight. I guess with the NSX you have to use hand brake quite a lot to turn through sharp corners. Drift the car if its possible for you. That's what I do. I haven't beaten the Silver or Gold time for the NSX though.:D

Drifting is rarely an effective way to be successfull in this game. It is a decent simulator so to get best laptimes driving smooth and finding the right brake points are key. I think the downshifting noise sometimes sounds like simulated toe-heel action.

In GT4?:prologue Has anyone figured out what the 3rd tire setting is? :confused: I think its for tire settings but I'm not that good at reading chinese. The choices are "Normal", "Street", and the 3rd one I can't read, and the 4th I assume is "Rally".

Also has anyone unlocked the HSC yet? I thought I heard a rumor that HSC was in Prologue.

I read over on Kenji's forum (granturismo.com) that the tire settings are (with grip increasing from left-to-right): Street - Sports - Normal - Racing

I'm still Prologue-less...my friend in Japan hasn't come through yet!

The HSC should be in the prologue but I guess you have to earn all gold in the school mode to unlock it. I am stuck in the fifth class mode after you got the the four badges. Its where you a driving a yellow modified S2000 and you have to beat the other S2000 and you have 3 laps to beat it. The closest I could get to it was about 2 seconds.:(

If you play the 350Z roadster you can see the driver is turning his head and the steering wheel. The 350Z roadster has its hood folded down.:D

Still like the Takata NSX.:D :D :D

Jin1976 said:
The HSC should be in the prologue but I guess you have to earn all gold in the school mode to unlock it. I am stuck in the fifth class mode after you got the the four badges. Its where you a driving a yellow modified S2000 and you have to beat the other S2000 and you have 3 laps to beat it. The closest I could get to it was about 2 seconds.:(

If you play the 350Z roadster you can see the driver is turning his head and the steering wheel. The 350Z roadster has its hood folded down.:D

Still like the Takata NSX.:D :D :D

Where do you get these "test versions???" Would it be at all possible for me to get my hands on one? Someone please spill the details.:D

Is it still PS2 only??? :(

GT's developer Polyphony Digital is like Naughty Dog, we're both owned by Sony...our games will forever be Sony system exclusive.

Sony Hong Kong actually set up an exhibition two weeks ago and included among the new products on demo was GT4: Prologue. I tried it for a while and yes, the graphics are even better than they were in GT3, which is somewhat hard to believe. The demo used the steering wheel and pedals setup, and I've always only used the analog force feedback controller on GT, GT2, and GT3, so there was no basis for comparison as to whether there's been any improvement in the way the cars behave using the steering wheel in GT4 over the way they behaved (also using the steering wheel) in GT3. But as I said, the cars look even more lifelike than they did before, and the tracks and surrounding scenery are more detailed than ever. This alone is enough reason to get GT4, even if Sony didn't bother to improve anything else....but they did. :D

Sidenote: Kudos to Sony for including a Hong Kong track (which takes you through one of the major shopping districts, but unfortunately without the opportunity to run over tourists, nuns and babies in prams a la Death Race 2000, hehehe...).

Sidenote 2: Don't know if Sony is offering this anywhere else on the planet, but when Prologue officially becomes available here next week, there'll be a special edition White-coloured PS2 that will be offered as a bundled package along with the new game.

GT3 is the reason I bought my PS2! :D

Any word and pre release "test versions being available yet"?

96-EJ6 said:
GT3 is the reason I bought my PS2! :D

Any word and pre release "test versions being available yet"?

If by test version your referring to "GT4 Prologue" its only avalible for JDM PS2, chinese PS2, or Modded USDM PS2. I don't think they will release anything similar to Prologue in the US market.

Hey Did anyone get their GT4 prologue/GTforce pro wheel bundle?
I ordered mine on NCSX and still haven't heard a peep as to when their getting them in.:mad: This game would be awsome with the wheel! Anyone know where to get a Wheel in the Bay area?

Kaz said:
If by test version your referring to "GT4 Prologue" its only avalible for JDM PS2, chinese PS2, or Modded USDM PS2. I don't think they will release anything similar to Prologue in the US market.

Hey Did anyone get their GT4 prologue/GTforce pro wheel bundle?
I ordered mine on NCSX and still haven't heard a peep as to when their getting them in.:mad: This game would be awsome with the wheel! Anyone know where to get a Wheel in the Bay area?

You may be interested to know that it is almost essential that you get the GT Force wheel with this game, as there are no options available to you in adjusting the setup on the standard force feedback hand-controller insofar as which button is for what function. I suppose it's Sony's way of increasing revenues. I bought Prologue yesterday and tried it for about an hour at home. This game will blow you away.

Back