• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge Demo - Dec 17, 2009

HAHA No harm no foul. Post it! :tongue::wink::biggrin:

Hey Enigma just curious, do you use a steering wheel set up or just the regular controller? :confused:

I use the Logitech Driving Force Pro... It was their first 900 degree wheel.

5clogitechdrivingforcepqw2.jpg

I plan on replacing it with the new Logitech G27 soon though.

logitech-g27-racing-wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday evening I made 6 laps with my G25 and the time was 1:45 :) The only problem that it was on the tuned car :-( :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Played 2 hours with it, but could not manage better than 1:38.2.

I have loaded the ghost car of the #1 guy only for the last 2 laps of mine, but do not understood how can he brake so late at the start/finish line. I have to brake latest between the 150m and a small black whatever on the left side, while he manages to brake around 135m. I play with G25, do you think thet there is a difference between steering wheels regarding this???

Played some hours....1:37.5 and rank 131....and still very far from the #1 :-(

I've got to break out my steering controller...the fastest I can get with the tuned car and the Dual Shock 3 is 1:44 which places me in the 20,000s. I am stunned that there are players within the top 200 that use the DS3.

The lead ghost disappears from my view after the third turn....

Last edited:
How do you get the ghost of the fastest time.

How do you get the ghost of the fastest time.

Pick the option for showing the leaderboards, select the player you wish to view, and save the ghost and/or replay. Useful feature.

Incidentally, I found someone in the top 40 using the stick and watched their replay. I don't know how they drove so smoothly with the sticks...

The fastest i can get with my DS3 is 1:40.1... 900th. (Tuned 370Z) I have 2 G27's but am waiting on my racing seats with the peddle stands.

Official box art
nws12627272335846697.jpg

When real details are announced, I'll start a new thread....but the latest found within a leaked Official PlayStation Magazine state that GT5 will have:

* 1,000+ vehicles
* All vehicles have modeled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modeling)
* All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling
* Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
* NASCAR cars and track
* Up to 16 players online
* High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
* Multi-display rendering
* Head-tracking
* Full weather and night racing on all tracks
* Night/Day on all tracks

Actually, the SLS AMG trailer isn't new...it was shown around the introduction of the SLS AMG. It incorporates a mix of real footage and game footage...

I think Sony hired the guys who were in charge of the next Duke Nukem game, people have been waiting for that since the day some guy with a stick and a robe supposedly parted the red sea. :biggrin:

Back