• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Cedar Ridge Fabrication Harmonic Balancer Shield, Heavy Duty $60 shipped!

Hi there,
Over the past few years there has been a rash of NSX Harmonic Dampers delaminating, the balancing weight separates form the back of the damper body and cuts through the timing belt cover, into the timing belt. This can happen so quickly you won't have time to figure out what that 'funny noise?' is before the timing belt skips a tooth and your pistons are smacking your valves, destroying your motor. The Cedar Ridge Fabrication Harmonic Damper Shield is a simple steel plate(122 grams) which keys into the stock timing belt cover, with 2 chrome-moly legs and socket head cap screws securing it in place. The shield will take the initial impact when the balancing weight separates form the back of the damper body, keeping your timing belt cover safe and giving you more time to pull over and save your motor!
I made a huge batch of these so I'm blowing some of them out at a great price(regular
$80), $60 shipped!(lower 48 USPS)
1. Jinks
2. Fuoss484
3. SiEspanol4Yes
4. jagtiger
5. davidf
6. racer9x
7. tof
8. JohnWayne
9. A_J
10. A_J
11. The King
12. jhillen86
13. Wizard
14. MOMSPH
15. KnoxVegas
16. -M-
17. acuhon
18. mcano
19. HDA
20. wafeno
21. anethesia
22. Technojam
23. Norm
24. (NSX REY)
25. Midnight_Raven

Attachments

• NSX Damper Shield, Heavy duty, 08-30-2012.jpg
    NSX Damper Shield, Heavy duty, 08-30-2012.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,572
Last edited:
Hi there,
Over the past few years there has been a rash of NSX Harmonic Dampers delaminating, the balancing weight separates form the back of the damper body and cuts through the timing belt cover, into the timing belt. This can happen so quickly you won't have time to figure out what that 'funny noise?' is before the timing belt skips a tooth and your pistons are smacking your valves, destroying your motor. The Cedar Ridge Fabrication Harmonic Damper Shield is a simple steel plate(122 grams) which keys into the stock timing belt cover, with 2 chrome-moly legs and socket head cap screws securing it in place. The shield will take the initial impact when the balancing weight separates form the back of the damper body, keeping your timing belt cover safe and giving you more time to pull over and save your motor!
I made a huge batch of these so I'm blowing some of them out at a great price, $60 shipped!(lower 48 USPS)

Dave, are these easy to install? If so, I will take one please.

AJ, you need to remove crankshaft pulley. That's pretty much it.
Sorry, I do not wanna hack this gb thread, but doesn't that need to be aligned and corrected by timing once removed? I do not know, is why I ask. Any install diy threads?

Sorry, I do not wanna hack this gb thread, but doesn't that need to be aligned and corrected by timing once removed? I do not know, is why I ask. Any install diy threads?
This pulley drives your alternator and ac compressor. It has nothing to do with ignition timing. It's great price too - get it even if you don't want to install it now or if you just replaced the pulley. You can always put it on next time you replace TB.

Here's more on the issue: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...cer-Pulley-(Crankshaft-Pulley)-Can-Come-Apart

And pictures installed for visual ref: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...rance-policy?p=1040249&viewfull=1#post1040249

Last edited:
I made a huge batch of these so I'm blowing some of them out at a great price(regular $80), $60 shipped!(lower 48 USPS)
1. Jinks
2. Fuoss484

How much with shipping to Holland, Europe?

Shipping to Europe is $24.75, I can ship 2 shields for that price if you have a buddy who wants one.
$14.95 is the least expensive, USPS 1st class for one shield.

Last edited:
how much for shipping to Auckland, New Zealand 0630 please ? cheapest slow shipping is fine.

$14.95 is the least expensive, USPS 1st class.

Ill have 2 for my spare engines, shipped to Norway please.

What's the difference between your heavy duty version and your regular version? Thank you.

The lightweight version has holes so it's lighter and looks fancy. The HD version has more material so is stronger.

Please put me down for one, and what you need for shipping to Nova Scotia. Doesn't have to come in an extreme rush as I won't be installing it immediately. Thanks.

PM sent to everyone on the list, we will start shipping shields next week. Keep responding to this thread or PM if you want a shield.

Thanks everyone.

Please put me on the list as well. Thank you.

There are enough members in on this group buy we can start shipping. You should have received a PM with instruction on how to send PayPal payments. As soon as payment is received, we will be sending out the shields USPS 1 st class. If you need another form of shipping please let us know and we can arrange it at actual cost.

Thanks so much,
Dave

Back