• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group buy on affordable big brake kit 91-96

I wanted to test the waters and see whom might be interested in a group buy for an afforable big brake kit. The kit has the big 13" Rotor with rotor cap color of your choice, brackets, lines, fasteners, calipers, and pads.... everything you need. The rear set has the emergency brake too.

The kit is made by Precision Brakes.
They are offering a group purchase price with:
...3 or 4 people of 15% off,
...5 or more then 25% off

They have a templet to test clearance in your wheel.

They are looking into a kit for the 97+.

The contact is:
Victor Tezanos

Technical Sales Rep

Precision Brakes Company

1010 Benson Way

Ashland, OR 97520

(866)-992-7253 Toll free

(541)-482-2873 Fax

[email protected]

www.precisionbrakescompany.com

Victor can answer all the technical questions, and help keep track of the numbers interested. If you will, just post a reply to the thread, and we can see where it takes us. I will try to get some pics posted.
Thanks
Tommy

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 388
Looking at the web site, I assume this is a Wilwood brake kit with custom rotors? If you can post a complete description of the kit, it would save us all a lot of time, phone calls or emails. :smile:

I had my daily driver the 13" wilwood brake kit from the above mentioned company. Customer Service is exellent, the brake works very good performance wise (for street driving, haven't take that car to track yet.) but then I don't think they had done enough work as to balance the piston size nor matching with the master cylinder... (Something that Stoptech did on their kits.) Thus, I do experience even lighter pedal effort with vague feedback than stock system. (vs. my nsx firm and more feel brake pedal)
Also the Wilwood pads that came with the kit does not take heat well, and it also shudder the rotors. After almost 2 yrs of use, no matter how I bed them, it still shakes and make all kinds of noise. I just changed carbotech pads on 3 months ago. without bedding in. Surprisingly, the carbotech makes minimal noise yet all the shuddering is gone and providing more progressive bite.

Again, assuming and relating the same problem that happened on my (one off kit) Accord to the nsx kit is unfair to the company. But then with Darell's excellent cust. service, maybe he could address that if he hadn't already.

Hi guys,

Sorry, I missed the prices in my first post.
Front Kit,
2 piece 13 x 1.125 rotors with 4 piston Forged Dynalite Calipers. The kit includes all brackets, hardware, instructions, and brake lines, basically anything you need to install… Total weight is 55lb

Price $1299

Rear Kit,
2 piece 12.81 x .86 rotors with 4 piston Forged Dynalite Calipers. This kit includes “Mr Parker” e-brake set up (shown on our home page), hardware, brackets, brake lines, and everything you will need to install… Total Weight is 65lb

Price $1699

If we get to 25% off level... it turns out to be a very good deal. I asked about a custom "NSX" logo on the caliper...Victor is checking...

Thanks,
Tommy

Attachments

• Rotor,Caliper,Parker,Lines,.jpg
    Rotor,Caliper,Parker,Lines,.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Rotors1.jpg
    Rotors1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 185
Hi Pooh....

I hope someone here that may have the kit, can post some pics on the car.... I too would love to see how they look.

Victor (BBK Supplier)saw the post about the shuddering pads, and wrote me, saying they promised the best pads and material to mate the rotor/caliper set.... I am guessing the feedback will even help them provide better products and service.... they seem real customer oriented.

Thanks,
Tommy

yes the caliper is really small, I have the same caliper on my 13" on my Accord. (Except that I have the wilwood marking instead of precision brake company.) If any one wants, I could post a pic just to give you an idea of the proportion of the caliper and rotors installed behind a 17 wheel. Then agian it's not on nsx... pls. let me know guys.

NSXDreamer2.. Can you post that pic?

I'll be interested in a F+R set if the caliper doesn't look too small on the car.. hopefully NSXDreamer2 can help with that..

25% would be nice.. anyone else going for it?

I believe these kits originated from Rayne Motorsports, which is now defunct. They used to use DBA rotors from Australia. I had one of the first ever 13" Rayne Wilwood kits on my TEG. It worked "pretty good" The problem is the calipers.

Even with my Teg, I would go through a brand new set of pads in 30 min from new to backing plate at the track. Yes I said thirty minutes!

This 4 piston dynalite is fine for the street driver, or auto-xer, but DO NOT BUY FOR THE TRACK! PERIOD. the oem system is better. With this kit, you will ONLY be getting cosmetics, and also an easier time changing pads, since it is a top mount cotter pin caliper. If you want any performance with the Wilwoods, you will need the 6 piston caliper, and I still feel that most of the competition will out perform even the 6 piston.

RP-Motorsports said:
I believe these kits originated from Rayne Motorsports, which is now defunct. They used to use DBA rotors from Australia. I had one of the first ever 13" Rayne Wilwood kits on my TEG. It worked "pretty good" The problem is the calipers.

Even with my Teg, I would go through a brand new set of pads in 30 min from new to backing plate at the track. Yes I said thirty minutes!

This 4 piston dynalite is fine for the street driver, or auto-xer, but DO NOT BUY FOR THE TRACK! PERIOD. the oem system is better. With this kit, you will ONLY be getting cosmetics, and also an easier time changing pads, since it is a top mount cotter pin caliper. If you want any performance with the Wilwoods, you will need the 6 piston caliper, and I still feel that most of the competition will out perform even the 6 piston.

Thanks for the info.

I'm not interested anymore.

Back