• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Side Bolster Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the side bolster going? Rob

We have measurements and have blue printed the design, just waiting for the upholsterer to finish the prototype and complete fitment. Expecting a few weeks out since he has a custom project to complete ahead of this project. Will show prototype on new thread and get everyone's feedback when its ready, stay tuned...

Frascati and Yawwn:

Any chance of getting down to SLO/Pismo Beach to get these Auto Chaps made up for our beloved NSX's????

We can't let this die!

Rob

Thank you for taking the initiative to proceed with a whole new solution!
We look forward to your results.

As frascati offered, I too am willing to drive down to SLO, but can't do that currently, as our son was born less than two weeks ago. My wife would kill me if I made that kind of trip at this point of time (with her doing 2 hr feedings).

I might be able to within the next 4 weeks. who is this person? what happened to the other person? did we try the leather seats guy since he knows a lot about these and with leather we can still slide in and out easy?

just asking - most info on this has left my brain but I do think it's a great idea and I'm willing to help.

It would be great if you could get to SLO and meet with the makers of these Auto-Chaps so they can get one designed for our beloved NSX's!

Here is a link to the manufacturer. The contact person is: Mitch. I believe he may be the owner of the company.

Mitch's Stitches
1331 Walker St
San Luis Obispo California 93401
(805) 546-9108

His website is: http://www.mitchsstitches.com/

Here is a link to the Auto Chaps so you can see what they look like:

http://www.wattsmotoringaccessories.com/autochaps.html

Hi, I would like to order a pair of side bolsters protector in black for my 91 NSX. Thanks, sang

UPDATED 12/20/06
Thanks NSXprime!! Second series is SOLD OUT! Now taking orders for 3rd series. Please allow 2-3 weeks for production and shipment.

UPDATED 12/17/06
UPDATED 12/9/06

For a limited time I have arranged production of custom NSX Bolster Protectors as referenced in my earlier thread:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79990

bolsterprotect.jpg

These Bolster Protectors cover the common "wear" areas of our NSX seats. They are made of a terrycloth like surface on the side that contacts the leather and a smooth stretchy surface on the outer side. One protector covers both the inboard and outboard bolster of 1 seat. They are individually hand-made in the US, install in under 2 minutes, and are machine washable.

Initially they will only be available in black. Order 1 Bolster Protector per seat that you want to protect.

BOLSTER PROTECTORS 3RD SERIES - NOW TAKING ORDERS!!!
3rd Run pricing is as follows $30 for one + plus $5 S/H, $55 for two + plus $7 S/H. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Optional: add $2 for tracking and insurance.

Shipping charges are for lower 48 states USA only. Those ordering from other locations please contact me regarding shipping.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Payment by PayPal or check is preferred.

****INSTALLATION PHOTO TUTORIAL NOW AVAILABLE****

CLICK HERE FOR INSTALLATION AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS

Outsanding Frascati! I have been waiting a long time to get a set of these Auto Chap protectors!

I'm in the process of planning a trip that will have me down by slo soon FYI

We have measurements and have blue printed the design, just waiting for the upholsterer to finish the prototype and complete fitment. Expecting a few weeks out since he has a custom project to complete ahead of this project. Will show prototype on new thread and get everyone's feedback when its ready, stay tuned...

My upholsterer went dark on me and probably out of business... thankfully he didn't have the patterns. Shopping the prototype work around to other upholsterers here in Phoenix, if someone else comes up with an option thats cool, I'm still making them either way. Stay tuned for updates

Thanks Chase!

Frascati...I hope you can still get to SLO so we can get the Auto Chap product???

Hi Frascati!

Not trying to be a pest but have you had a chance to travel to SLO to measure up an Auto Chap?

Lots of us are excited about getting one.

Thanks!

I'm in the process of planning a trip that will have me down by slo soon FYI

Guys, my reason for passing through SLO is now gone; my luthier is coming up to see me as opposed to the other way around.

This dents the SLO plan for me and I do apologize for it as it otherwise would have been no big deal at all for me.

Have we implored to the fine nature of the leather seats guy to do a bolster chap in leather? I am not rationalizing away the guy in SLO, but I do rely on my super smooth body rotation in the stock seats that would be nice to still have with chaps on.

And when I say "with chaps on" you darn well know I'm talking 'bout this:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back