• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-One Front End Conversion

I picked this up from Customs today...

attachment.php

It is now serving double duty as a fort for my cat, who has been under it ever since it was unboxed.

The parts should go on the car sometime next week.

Attachments

• gtrom.jpg
    gtrom.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13,027
You have a high maintenance cat... mine would be happy with the box it came in. But maybe he gets it from me... I never wanted my girlfriends virginity, only the box it came in.

Hey John, are you ever going to be finished with your car? It seems like every time I log onto Prime, you have a new toy to add to your car! That front end looks awesome!! Can’t wait to see it on the car!!

Hard to tell with the bag around it. Is it a replica of the 2002+ front end or is it slightly different? Looks like some sort of front lip is attached....

grats, this is always a favorite, but i plan to go a different route :)

Since I have the same installed on my car I can tell the difference from the O2 is that it is a one piece bumper but most of the attachement points to the fenders, lip and top are similar to the oem. Plug n play. Also there is no middle gate in the radiator hole. Attachment to the oem radiator duct is also there. Also I have oem lip which is installed easily to the GT-One bumper. The lip that scorp bought is also GT-One which I didn't buy because when lowered that lip is the first one to hit the ground when going down from the house and being fiber glass I don't know if it would survive. I can't comment on the hood or the headlamp since mine is a different brand.
Hard to tell with the bag around it. Is it a replica of the 2002+ front end or is it slightly different? Looks like some sort of front lip is attached....

That front end looks amazing! Post pics when you get it installed!

Much hotter, I cant wait to see some finished pics. I think Josh's NSX (Juice) has these. Do they have a carbon fiber insert in the headlight? Check some of the XPO pics, his is Brooklands green one and it was sick!

Killa!

Looks great!

TOP END FTW!!!!! :cool:

Car looks very good !!

Could you tell us a bit more about the conversion you are carrying out.
Is the 02+ conversion with the GT-Rom headlights any different than the conversion with just OEM parts. Do you need any more parts than just the front bumper, the lights and the hood.

If you happen to have an after-market FRP/CF Type-R hood on your 1991-1996 car, could it be changed to the 2002 model?

Do the parts of the old bumper just retrofit onto the new GT-Rom bumper or you do need just the same conversion parts as with the OEM bumpers.

I know, I know. Lots of question :smile: But the 2002 conversion is something that I keep thinking about, not only for the cosmetic reasons and updated look, but also because the 2002 has better aerodynamics and because the conversion would make the NSX lighter still.

Back