• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-One & Sorcery Collabo

Might be starting my project NSX soon. Need to go automatic (please don't hate me) wife is sick of us not going out together because I don't trust her driving stick. Anyways, should know within the next couple days if the donor vehicle is gonna' become a reality and then the fun begins! Can't wait for our GT kit and I'm last on the list so this one will be Sorcery exclusive body, with a custom Roterra (spell check please) Cup system for the low driveways. This is gonna be more show than go (AT, what you expect) but I should be able to squeeze over 300 out of her after a bunch of GT-Rom goodies. NA of course, Mr. Yamamoto wouldn't work on my car if I did it any other way.
My first "solo" project car in Japan, looking to hit the show circuit here with this. I'll keep you posted and put up pics as I get underway. Before and after.
DJ

Congrats

Dan, I had sent you 2 PM and still waiting for reply. Please check. Thanks

what is a roterra cup system?

My spelling is probably off, but it's like an air suspension system for the front to lift your car to help get into the steeper drive ways. It is hard to explain because it isn't an actual suspension system. Sorcery has one on their demo, the Silver NSX you see on his site. It's pricey but saves the hassle of having to buy another front bumer...I'll have to get some pics up of the system when I have a chance.
DJ

Do you have a link? Its the first I hear of such a thing.

Sorcery has one on their silver demo car, the one from his site's top page. We talked about bringing this to mass market but it is a tad expensive so its been made to order for folks here in Japan. Pretty much a 2 level boost for your front end to get you into steep driveways or ramps. Small system that fits in the front end where the spare tire would go. I'll put up some pics when I get back to his shop some time later. The last one he put together was about 300,000 Yen I think. Not cheap but I think that included the installation as well.
DJ

I'm just about ready to start on the car. The navigation system is picked. Carrozeria hard disc navigation. AVIC something or other. I am really liking the Lowenhart LSR's and the Titanium tinted rim lips. I'll probably go with a 19/20 setup. The LSR's only come in 19's and up and I want three piece Advan look with chrome.
Project pics should be up soon I hope...
DJ

Ok, got it right now, the Roberuta Cup system. Link below, I'll post pics when I can, or just check out the link.

www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml

The system used on the Sorcery demo car has a dry battery in the trunk and the system in the spare tire area in the front. A smaller compressor that comes on for about a minute or two when you first start the car. It holds enough air for two lifts. I tested it:smile:

It should keep my front underspoiler from being scraped...
DJ

Trying to decide whether to go with the Alpine front bumper or the traditional Sorcery one. I love the traditional one because of the carbon underboard, goes well with the carbon side steps. I'm definitely going with the similar Alpine rear diffuser and side spat combo. Just sexy. If he'll source it I would love to have the low wing, my wife hates the GT ones and always complains. This one is supposed to help us go out more together...of course being automatic helps too...

The Roberuta system is just sick. Unfortunately this little project has a budget, and I have definitely gone a tad over...:rolleyes:

DJ

Just a warning on the Roberuta Cup kit: It is not exactly a plug-n-play kit. Get ready to pay quite a bit more to get it all to work for you even after the REDICULOUS up front cost of the kit itself. And forget about customer support too. You are on your own with this one.

Trying to decide whether to go with the Alpine front bumper or the traditional Sorcery one... I'm definitely going with the similar Alpine rear diffuser and side spat combo. Just sexy. If he'll source it I would love to have the low wing...
I was under the impression that the Alpine car was a custom job and that Sorcery dont make copies of his "one of's"?:confused:

The aero foil is a Hamann Ferrari F430 wing whith custom supports. See for yourself (F430 on the right):
106.jpg

It is a one off, and he can't make molds of the custom stuff. So it costs a little more. Ther rear wing is a Hamann, costs a fortune too! I'm going with a custom Sorcery front wide fender, to allow gull wing doors in the future with no fender crimping. The front bumper will be GT-One wide version with GT-One front lip spoiler molded into the bumper. Side steps will be custom but similar to the Alpine stuff, just with the ducts closer to the rear fender and not as long. The rear spats will be like the alpine one and GT-One R-GT rear bumper with GT-One diffuser. I'm saving my pennies and yen for the Hamann rear deck spoiler as we speak...:smile:

The cup system is going over a the new updated TEIN Flex system w/EDFC. It won't work with our N1 system as it is now so I will roll with this for a bit. Being automatic I don't plan on going too fast and furious on the Wangan so it should be safe enough...

I already have the donor seats, 'caros, just trying to figure out what type of design for the re-upholstry job. Pioneer HD navi in the carbon dash, 2din with the EDFC under and air sus controls somewhere near there.

Work Meister wheels polished lip with RMC centers. No spacers, made for this wide application.

Should be a nice street ride with all the GT-One goodies as well (F1 Headers, ver5 exhaust, Obit ECU and throttle upgrade, etc) Project should be done by July, we are still working on the GT kit, pics of that soon. It's looking good.

Personally, the front fenders are my pride and joy on this car. Could be me but I think a lot of folks will like them, but again, one off custom for now, only one other set made and that's his demo car, and it has a super exotic look, Mr. Inoue's design, super slick.

NA2 ABS/brake upgrade by this Christmas I hope, again, not looking to speed just want folks to hear me coming...:eek:

DJ

Back