• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-R?? What is Wrong With Me??

my friend got a Cayenne Turbo which is an awesome compromise. had a customer that crammed his wife and two kids into an EVO. Most of my friends with kids go the AMG route, though.

Not a fan of AMG cars and their horrible depreciation values but yes they are fast cars that are well built.

Not a turbo kind of guy and prefer N/A cars so these were my top choices both at my local dealer: GTS Cayenne and GTS Panamera (the Pana has optional wheels which make it look even more striking!)

328D3544-47F0-4E1A-B2EE-BCB351BBDCDD-206-0000000EB0D73B49.jpg

8600CFCE-FA2B-4C49-89D3-F884A597CCC2-29844-00001AD31E64669F.jpg

P.S. the Cayenne is a bit more enticing in terms of practicality as it can seat 5 and slightly less money than the Pana but something about the look of a sedan that just makes me love it more.

Which one would you guys take?

Last edited:
We drove a panamera the other day. It was the v6. It was sooooooo slow and 90k. Are you kidding????? And it didn't even have keyless start. That's an extra $1000. Wtf.

Lol I love the pana looks sick to me . I also like the g55 wagon for some reason

Well guys I talked it over with my wife and I'm going to hold onto the NSX- I really can't compare any car to it and my wife is ok with getting a 3rd car (likely a 2010 Odyssey), meaning I get the RDX to use as my bad weather/kids car.

A GT-R would be nice, but my wife pointed out she didn't want me spending years obsessing over getting another NSX. I had to admit she was right- I'd become one of those poor bastards cruising Prime lamenting about how I never should have gotten rid of it.

A GT-R would be nice, but my wife pointed out she didn't want me spending years obsessing over getting another NSX. I had to admit she was right- I'd become one of those poor bastards cruising Prime lamenting about how I never should have gotten rid of it.

We all know the type...

A wise lady that you married! Kudos to her for the clarify of her insights.

We all know the type...

A wise lady that you married! Kudos to her for the clarify of her insights.

Very wise indeed... She clarified with with him winding up with his old car and she got a new odyssey. That's some verbal Jiujitsu there boy! :biggrin:

Well guys I talked it over with my wife and I'm going to hold onto the NSX- I really can't compare any car to it and my wife is ok with getting a 3rd car (likely a 2010 Odyssey), meaning I get the RDX to use as my bad weather/kids car.

If you decide to let her go.. i'm interested. Just sayin...

The Panamera is a downright ugly car.

Lol I love the pana looks sick to me . I also like the g55 wagon for some reason

Just goes to show you beauty is only in the eye of the beholder! Personally I love it from every angle except the straight rear shot.

OP: Glad you made your decision - nothing wrong with 3 cars in the household! I started with 3 many years ago and now have 6 and I still find it not adequate sometimes....

at that level of high end products/brands/vehicles/housing/real estate its all about the option$$$$$$$$$. totally sucks but it is how they (successfully) make money

We drove a panamera the other day. It was the v6. It was sooooooo slow and 90k. Are you kidding????? And it didn't even have keyless start. That's an extra $1000. Wtf.

Last edited:

Good choice!
People can say all the bad things they want about mini-vans but they are the best family car around and the Odyssey is the best.
We bought a 2001 Odyssey when our kids were smaller (it was the wife's third van) and we still have it. It has become the kid's car and also the college moving van.

I have never driven a car with paddle shift that I liked.

Then again, my friend's 430 Scuderia has been in the shop for like a year. If he ever gets it back, it might change my mind...

You need to try the current BMW M3 with the DCT. I'm all manuals but after spending considerable time with the DCT of this car, I'm sold. The DCT shines with near instaneous shifts. At full stop, no creep like an auto when foot off the brake. Under full throttle of this awesome V8, the DCT is addicting to drive.

Last edited:

Your wife is wiser than most on this forum. That last part made me fall off my couch laughing.

Hideous.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmeeF9ZtkCA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmeeF9ZtkCA?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Too bad you didn't consider a 911...its superb!

The older 911, (90's), yes, I agree with this statement.

The newer 911 however, much too mundane, quite boring, very disappointing in just about every aspect and way too civil. The only later model 911 even worth mentioning is the GT3 & GT3 RS.

I will say however, I adore the 90's 911's. Those are great drivers cars; a la, the NSX.

Best enjoyed in the dark :)

Yeah, put a bag over her head...

For that kind of money it better be fast AND look good.

Ferrari California ain't bad.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant the FF.

Last edited:
Back