• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT5 racing

So when is this NSX race going to be hosted?

I finally ventured into the online racing, picked up a blue tooth and trying to find my way around.

However I still dont have a wheel and pedals. Getting the wheel on Sunday.

I also ran a few times in the GT Academy. I think I am 1499 or something. Not bad using the stupid controller for now.

Can someone please tell me how to add everyone.

Also is anyone willing to setup a race this weekend....maybe in between playoff games?

We have to be on everbody's friends list. Right now, most of us are just on CL65 Captain's friends list. Everybody has to either offer or accept an invite from everybody else. That way, all of us are un each others friends list. Then we can see whoever is logged on. It will be easier to get races going this way. I am logged on quite frequently, although its usually just BOB grinding away at an endurance race. I still have not tried the online events yet. I don't want to be the one organizing races though, as I have an almost 6 month old and the time I get to race is very sporadic.

Kenny
PSN: fonzie222

If someone adds you to their friend list will you receive a notification or do you need to authorize someone's "friend request" a la Facebook?

And where does one go to send a friend request?

ahhh...I didn't realize its the same way as adding friends on PS3. I thought you had to add them within the GT5 game.

Time to give up on GT Academy...got my overall ranking down to 1200, but don't see me getting it down into the hundreds by tomorrow's cutoff. So I might be up for some online racing now.

I'm in too. Been playing with the controller (in bed at night) but for the race, I'll use my wheel. My PSN is lithiumus

Hey Exiled,
Tell me more about this T500. I really like my G25 and I was always tempted to upgrade to a more expensive setup but could never justify spending close to $2,000 for a game setup... I could put that into the NSX.

Talk more about the differences...

I'm in too. Been playing with the controller (in bed at night) but for the race, I'll use my wheel. My PSN is lithiumus

Hey Exiled,
Tell me more about this T500. I really like my G25 and I was always tempted to upgrade to a more expensive setup but could never justify spending close to $2,000 for a game setup... I could put that into the NSX.

Talk more about the differences...

Hmmm there is a ton of information and discussion about the wheel and really too much for me to explain in a post lol. I'd suggest reading this thread from gtplanet below if you are serious about it.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135961

here is an excerpt from my post on gtplanet:

just picked up the wheel earlier this week, definitely worth getting if you can afford it. I had been using the G25 and been very happy with it but the T500 RS is just another step above. It's hard to describe but the best way I can think of is the "feel" is much more realistic and direct. I just have this exhilarating feeling when im using the wheel and pedals. The feel of the pedals and the precise control you have over throttle and braking is exceptional. I apologize if my comments are not very descriptive but to give you some perspective with regards to my driving experience I am lvl 30 in Aspec, All gold for licenses, all gold nurburgring challenge and majority of special events.

t7fuz9.jpg

4rx4s1.jpg

with regards to earlier comments about the "stepping on gum" feeling from the pedals. I was able to remedy this by sticking some thin foam rubber padding I had on the pedals and opposite contact patch. I also placed a piece opposite where the spring from the "realistic brake mod" contacts the base of the brake pedal. helps with the progressive feel of the brake mod. I highly recommend doing this and the feel you get from it is incredible.

1zmkzgg.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HAvTYsmt42s?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone wants to go for some cruises or casual races add my PSN (Over_Doser). I usually host rooms with some friends on the weekends and upload the clean replays to youtube.

here is a sample of the video quality from my one make race with the caterham fireblade.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Bsq8XVk6c7Q?rel=0&hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'92 NSX / 2002 NSX-R Nurburgring Cruise

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ps1Be6ACds0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'92 NSX Race Modified
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/514A5If7FVE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know I am late to the party but I just got a ps3 after telling myself I would get one months ago.

Add me:
dvdoughboy

I am going to go through the list and add people

For those of you that do add me, can you leave some B spec drivers available online so that I can run remote races with max (16 drivers) to get the most money?

All six of mine are always available for racing remotely when I'm not using them...and I usually share my fastest cars (including the FGT) when I am not using them. On B-Spec, I just completed the Extreme Series and only have two to go on the Endurance, but need to level up my B-Spec boys before I can enter those events.

Oh noes! My eldest and most experienced B-Spec driver "E.Black" appears to be having some kind of meltdown. I watched one of his remote races and he's driving painfully slow. Yesterday, he was finishing near or at the top every race. Today, he's at the bottom...way at the bottom.

He's only a Level 32 Bob and only just topped 250 races...and his career bar is only a third filled (even though he only has two endurance races to go before he's completed most of the B-Spec events).

Has anyone had to retire a Bob yet?

Thanks for running my guys today Akira3d.

As for your problem, my buddy says the skills usually diminish around the 500 race mark before you need to retire a driver. I'll ask my other friend (who is pretty high up there in the game).

I've retired several. I retired the first one at about 125 races, not because he started losing but he would have before getting to 40. You then take a rookie and another in the 30s and throw them in an endurance race with a X1. They level up quick.

Hey akira3d

What am I doing wrong? Your name does not show up on gran-turismo.com for me. So I always have to run remote races on my ps3 in order to add your drivers

You set your ps3 to remote racing and standby mode.
Then you go to www.gran-turismo.com. Log in with your psn account info. Click remote racing. Add your driver. Then add your friend's drivers and start the race.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

What am I doing wrong? Your name does not show up on gran-turismo.com for me. So I always have to run remote races on my ps3 in order to add your drivers

Two things seem to keep PSN friends from showing up on gran-turismo.com, but browser cache (clear it before logging in) is likely the issue you're experiencing.

The other is if the PSN friend has not yet gone into their Community page within GT5 since being added. I have definitely done so since adding you. If I still don't show up, then it may be because I have never launched a remote race against you from my PS3 (though I'm pretty sure I have).

Most of my remote racing has been launched via my phone's web browser :)

As for your problem, my buddy says the skills usually diminish around the 500 race mark before you need to retire a driver. I'll ask my other friend (who is pretty high up there in the game).

Here's a weird thing I'm noticing about my eldest Bob. He's consistently last if I start the remote race, but he still manages top 3 finishes when racing against others (including my own team of Bobs). If I monitor the remote race, I can see he goes off track (which seems rather odd given his skills). The last time I watched him race for a bit in a B-Spec Endurance Event, he actually seemed to be faring quite well (though the team came in 2nd for that event).

I find it odd how few people I am connected to actually share their B-Spec drivers. Aren't they aware they are missing out on a huge opportunity to earn credits and experience when they are not playing?

Last edited:
I find it odd how few people I am connected to actually share their B-Spec drivers. Aren't they aware they are missing out on a huge opportunity to earn credits and experience when they are not playing?

no, we (or at least I) are not aware because we are not massive GT5 nerds like you.......but I am glad you are a massive nerd cause it helps us non-nerds do better.........so thanks Mr. GT5 Nerd-Man :biggrin:

Back