• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gunmetal or Blades, that is the question

I've got a 97 Kaiser/black car. Love the color. Currently has Works 18s, 19s, which are fine but I'm an OEM fan, so just got these wheels.

Though the lighting is odd, they are both gunmetal now, just showing the contrast.

Since they're going to get refinished, do I go with gunmetal (very close match to Kaiser) or blades?

Attachments

• Acura NSX wheels.jpg
    Acura NSX wheels.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 232
blades

Blades, cars with color matched wheels don't always work.

think it only works on the murdered out look, and even then that can be overkill

This is a very hard decision, I would say 51% silver and 49% gunmetal.

Blades, much better contrast.

think it only works on the murdered out look, and even then that can be overkill

Let me see, that's 6 for blades, carry the one, divide by two, and I come up with... unanimous!

Got it. And I must say I agree. The hardest part was getting the McGard wheel locks off the Works set, but now we're good to go. The 'blades' finish being recreated on a 'test' wheel today. Can't wait!

And I presume, ALL OEM wheels like this will require the 'ball seat' for the lug nuts, correct?

Thanks so much folks.

Let me see, that's 6 for blades, carry the one, divide by two, and I come up with... unanimous!

Got it. And I must say I agree. The hardest part was getting the McGard wheel locks off the Works set, but now we're good to go. The 'blades' finish being recreated on a 'test' wheel today. Can't wait!

And I presume, ALL OEM wheels like this will require the 'ball seat' for the lug nuts, correct?

Thanks so much folks.

Another vote for blades. And yes on the ball seat for the OEM wheels.

I've Gunmetal Prodrive Wheels on my Kaiser Silver for 5 years now and still loving them.

Let me be the odd one here, Gunmetal FTW!!! :cool:

Got my new tires (General G-Drives) on my newly finished 'blades' wheels. They turned out great. I painted the 'insides' and cleared them too to keep them easier to clean.

Will be putting them on tonight if all goes well. Pics to follow, I promise.

My WORKS 18s and 19s are OFFICIALLY for sale and will post accordingly in that section. Just figured a heads up.

Attachments

• Works, driver front rear.jpg
    Works, driver front rear.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 71
  • works, driver front #2.jpg
    works, driver front #2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Works driver rear.jpg
    Works driver rear.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 66
I would of done gunmetal. I will be the second odd vote. Im to late tho lol. I love matching colored wheels with certain colored bodies.

I would of done gunmetal. I will be the second odd vote. Im to late tho lol. I love matching colored wheels with certain colored bodies.

Gunmetal and bigger size.

Wow, two late dissenters. You rebels!

When I looked at the gunmetal wheels against the car, to me it seemed a bit dull, lacking contrast. Of course that's entirely subjective, but decently supports the OEM blades look for the year.

Thanks for the input.

Gunmetal ain't dull, it's just low-key. Blades ARE dull and they've been around for decades.

I like the fact how Gunmetal is so close to Kaiser yet different. Otherwise, paint matching wheels would be too much and appear as try too hard to impress.

Gunmetal wheels look good on other colored cars, too. :biggrin:

Back