• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Half cuts on ebay

I tried to get a few parts off him too but he does'nt want to part it out.
The condition of the half cuts is not great and i can't see how he will get 10k for it.
A bit silly really.
He would have more chance getting the money he want's if he parted it out.

How can you tell?

You are referring to this white wheel? It has a circular "ridge" going around the outer edge before it drops down the side to the tyre. OEM wheels also have "forged" engraved in them. The shap is all wrong. If you look at the pictures on here in the Marketplace of OEM 2002+ wheels you should notice the differences.

This was an early car with 02+ updates. There are other clues around the car......

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKkUE5RTWcLGgBOg9Lqd7,w~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKkUE5RTWcLGgBOg9Lqd7,w~~_3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Hey Brendan, white wheels on a red and black car imo is going to look crap.
I know everyone has different tastes but i would think most people would'nt like that combo.
Black wheels really suit a red/black nsx or gun metal grey.
I went with a chrome volk racing gts 2 piece rims that are basically the same pattern as the oem wheels.
If you like white go for it. just my opinion.

PRNDL in tach, automatic.

PRNDL in tach, automatic.

Good call Peter!

This car looks like it was in really rought shape even before the "incident" on the front end that preceeded the cutting in half...

Auto 3.0 in that shape is hardly worth 10K if it was NOT cut in half!

Hi
Just like to say Hi and if you are interested in anything for Nsxs please let me know as the birth place of NSX is Japan so there is plenty of parts avalable here.

Hey Brendan, white wheels on a red and black car imo is going to look crap.
I know everyone has different tastes but i would think most people would'nt like that combo.
Black wheels really suit a red/black nsx or gun metal grey.
I went with a chrome volk racing gts 2 piece rims that are basically the same pattern as the oem wheels.
If you like white go for it. just my opinion.

I wasnt going to keep them white, would of got them changed to the original silver.

Thats good to know.
Tell us more. what parts can you get?

Agreed, tell us more =)

Hi
Just like to say Hi and if you are interested in anything for Nsxs please let me know as the birth place of NSX is Japan so there is plenty of parts avalable here.

Thanks for introducing yourself and letting us know about your business!

Couls you please elaborate and tell us a little more please. To get you started here are a few questions I have.

1. Are you a retail business with a shop front or internet sales only?
2. What is your source of NSX parts? Are they brand new OEM or aftermarket parts or second hand (used) parts.
3. Do you deal with half cuts in Japan?
4. Is your business export only or do you provide to the NSX community in Japan as well?

Thanks and welcome to NSX Prime community Australia.

Ok so I am reviving a bit of an old thread here, but these halfcuts have come down about $2000.00 since I first saw them on ebay, I think it is a lot of money for one person if they are only after certain parts off this car, but I was wondering if it would be a good idea for a bunch of us who would like certain parts to all put in and buy it then we can part it out as we like.

I think the best way to go about it would be to list those who are interested and then each person can nominate what they are after, if 2 people want them same part then it is up to them to sort out who gets it, presumably it would come down to who ever is willing to pay more.

Just to give a quick example:

People interested:

Funkynsx- transmission
brendan1990- rear valance
AU_NSX- wheels
S2kadrenalin- wheels

Then to work out price 'funkynsx' might say, "ok im will to pay $1500", i might say im willing to $600, and the 2 people after the wheels would have to decide between themselves who would like the wheels more or who will pay more, then total everything up and if that still doesnt cover the cost of the half cuts then who is willing to pay more, or perhaps we need to source more people to join in on the deal, or even wait a couple more months and hope the price comes down some more, anyway thats just something I thought might work for those interested incl. myself and the above example is just that, an example. I have no idea who would be interested or not, or even if it is a good idea, but please give me your feedback or thoughts.

Back