• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Harbor Freights Aluminum Jack leaking oil?

Hey guys,

I bought the Harbor Freights Aluminum Racing Jack a few years ago and it has worked flawlessly for my needs.

The other day, while lifting a buddys NSX, I noticed some oil leaking out of it. Then this weekend, it seemed to leak all of the oil out. It will lift the NSX, but semi-slowly goes back down. :frown:

I was wondering if there is a way to fix this, or is it no good. I did a search...but no luck.

Thanks,
- Zishan

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

Last edited:
Z your gonna have to go to the yellow pages. We get them fixed at most any hydralic repair shop for usually around $50ish.

Just made a few calls, and the two places referred me to this one guy. I called him and he said throw it away. It will cost me $65.00 if he can even find the seals. He said it's not worth it. :frown:

I guess I'll start shopping for another one...

see if your costco stocks one. I know the costco in my town sells Alcon (?) aluminum racing jacks. They WERE $99, but now they're $129 for some reason here.

Harbor Freight Has an excellent return policy call them or go to one of there stores they will take yours back and give you a new one if they don’t have the same one they will up grade it on the spot. :cool:

Harbor Freight Has an excellent return policy call them or go to one of there stores they will take yours back and give you a new one if they don’t have the same one they will up grade it on the spot. :cool:

"I bought the Harbor Freights Aluminum Racing Jack a few years ago and it has worked flawlessly for my needs.
"
They will take it back even after a few YEARS of use ?

(I was looking at the one they have on sale now for $150.)

Just made a few calls, and the two places referred me to this one guy. I called him and he said throw it away. It will cost me $65.00 if he can even find the seals. He said it's not worth it. :frown:

I guess I'll start shopping for another one...

Z if they don't warranty it. Try fixing it, what's the worst that can happen right. I've fixed them before. Take the part off where the oil is leaking from there should be rubber seals or O-rings. The O-rings can be bought at NAPA auto for couple of dollars, if they don't have the exact size you can come really close to matching it. Hopefully this helps.
If you can't fix it maybe we can meet up and I can pick it up from you and try to fix it when I get a chance.

Rahim

"I bought the Harbor Freights Aluminum Racing Jack a few years ago and it has worked flawlessly for my needs.
"
They will take it back even after a few YEARS of use ?

(I was looking at the one they have on sale now for $150.)

YES:smile: I had a scan tool for over a year and they exchanged it for a new one on the spot.

Harbor Freight has a special 15% off anything Coupon on the back of their latest flier. I don't know if we can take 15% off current sale prices though but I thought I'd try.

I bought one of those aluminum racing jacks last year. It was screwed out of the box. Got the car 1 inch off the ground and wouldn't take it up any farther. No matter how much you pumped it just stayed put. Really weird. I took it back, dropped 40 more dollars at Sears for a Craftsman racing jack. No problems.

Harbor Freight has a special 15% off anything Coupon on the back of their latest flier. I don't know if we can take 15% off current sale prices though but I thought I'd try.

I'm luck to have a location in town, so I'll swing by and see what they say.

The coupon I got in the mail recently includes 15% off sale items! :smile:

Back