• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

harrassed by cops

Hey dlynes,

are we not all supposed to use English on this forum?
I thought it would be easy for you, as an American...

Ciao

Mike

WHOA WHOA WHOA guys... the :rolleyes: means I was being sarcastic.

I totally agree the cop played it right. :p

HOW TO IDENTIFY SPELLING PROBLEMS

The signs or symptoms below indicate that a child has a spelling problem and therefore needs help:

One of the most obvious — and a common — telltale signs is reversals. Children with this kind of problem often confuse letters like b and d, or they sometimes write words like rat for tar, or won for now.

Another sure sign, which needs no confirmation by means of any form of testing, is elisions, that is when a child writes cat when the word is actually cart.

He may write the letters of a word in the wrong order, like left for felt, or the syllables in the wrong order, like emeny for enemy.

He may spell words as they sound, for example rite for right.

He may spell bizarrely, for example substance spelled ‘sepedns’, last spelled ‘lenaka’, about spelled ‘chehat’, may spelled ‘mook’, did spelled ‘don’, or to spelled ‘anianiwe’. These words bear little, if any, relation to the sounds in the words.

You know dude, I hate to say it, but they were followin todays procedure.

The cops were driving along and see a nice car with temporary tags. Then they see this guy start waving at them, when everybody knows you dont wave at cops unless they pull you over first.

So "bam", theyre immediately thinking here's an opportunity to be on "America's Dumbest Criminals". Let's get this guy before we lose the chance to be on tv.

It is ALL the fault of the media....:D

They probably pulled him over because he is a young kid in a relatively new exotic car in an area where there aren't too many of these cars in the first place.

check the profile..

Got that, yo?

:)

Well I'll just say that his assertions regarding searches are certainly not the way the law operates in California regarding searches of cars when stopped. And, i'll bet, the rest of the States too.

If police are going to impound your car....they are going to conduct an "inventory search" to protect themselves, the police department, the city, etc., from someone later saying their Rolex watch was in the glove compartment at the time the car was impounded.

Of course, if while conducting their "inventory search", they come across some illegal items, guess what? That's right, they can be booked as evidence and new charges will now apply as well.

The law is pretty liberal when it comes to police being able to search motor vehicles because of their inherent mobility and potential danger to the police from dangerous weapons.

For example, driving 35 in a 25 and getting stopped for speed. Everything about the car is totally correct. But....officer sees a marijuana roach in ashtray, or a rolled up dollar bill for snorting controlled substances, or something else typically used in the ingestion of controlled substances, they can search the entire car because they now have "probable cause" to believe that a crime is being committed. Like it or not, that is the way it goes.

This is a good reason to never do stupid stuff in your car and to clean your car completely and regularly.

OK, 'nough law for a Sunday morning. Have a nice day all.

spyderman33 said:
They probably pulled him over because he is a young kid in a relatively new exotic car in an area where there aren't too many of these cars in the first place.

No, he got pulled over for having an unregistered vehicle.

The title of this thread should be edited to read "I can't believe what an a$$hole I was to be so young and driving a "could I get a little attention please" yellow NSX while sporting expired tags from a dealer who didn't even sell me the car and then choosing to highlight the foregoing by waving to the police."

go take a ride

RSO 34 said:
No, he got pulled over for having an unregistered vehicle.

The title of this thread should be edited to read "I can't believe what an a$$hole I was to be so young and driving a "could I get a little attention please" yellow NSX while sporting expired tags from a dealer who didn't even sell me the car and then choosing to highlight the foregoing by waving to the police."

Come on Bob, it's beautiful outside, what are you sitting inside your gorgeous mansion and monitoring stupid postings on Prime for when you can be outside playing in your NSX!!! For that matter, what am I chastising you for, I'm going outside to ride in MY NSX (Bill where are you?) I can't believe we're not all outside!!! Have a great day, bye bye!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who said I was inside? Thanks to wireless networking, and to Jadkar for getting it working properly, I am able to be a post whore while lounging by my pool.

7073180-L.jpg

Last edited:
18 yrs old with 98 NSX:eek: :eek: :eek:

when I was 18 I was waiter too, but I could only afford a miata.:D

Everyone, I am the one who sold Dave the car, I've been away from an Internet connection for the last few days thus the delayed reply. Let me go ahead and straighten up a few loose ends.

iv been trying to get a hold of him, but it seem slike to me. b4 the purchase he was very quick to respond but since the sale i havent heard from him.....i think theres fishy shit goin on w/the guy i bought it from, it seems he had the car for over a yr 1/2 and never registered it...

Dave, too bad about your incident, but one thing I hate is people lying. I have not heard from you or your father since you guys took delivery of the car, no emails, no PMs, and certainly no phone calls. You have all three mediums to reach me, if you had a question about the car's registration why didn't you just call me? Allow me to be frank patrons of NSX Prime: Dave, don't make up shit just to start shit, b/c to insinuate something on this forum without just claim is like trying to feed shit to people and telling them it's chocolate, some people will be dumb enough to take the bait, but most will be smart enough to throw it back in your face.

For the record, my car was legally titled, registered, and tagged in the state of Maryland (I have papers to prove this fact if need be), it's so legal it's verified by 2 speeding tickets, 18 months of insurance payments, and even Carfax and Autocheck. However, I cancelled my MD tags and registration the first Monday (the car was purchased on a Friday afternoon) after Dave and his Dad purchased the car; after all, I did not want to be held liable for any criminal action(s) that might take place. For the record though, I was the 3rd owner and purchased the car in California.

Dave, from now on if you have a problem with the car's history, contact me directly and do not make false claims about our contacts. Everything I supplied to you and your father was done by the book, the vehicle was inspected, two notarized bills of sale, a signed title, nothing was left out. Now, let's admit to everyone why you were really pulled over--for having invalid tags that you weren't suppose to have.

NSXWIND said:
18 yrs old with 98 NSX:eek: :eek: :eek:

when I was 18 I was waiter too, but I could only afford a miata.:D
You're lucky, too.

When I was 18, I was graduating high school and starting college. Owning a car was not an option. And I considered myself lucky just to be going to college.

nsxtasy said:
You're lucky, too.

When I was 18, I was graduating high school and starting college. Owning a car was not an option. And I considered myself lucky just to be going to college.

You are right, and I am very grateful with what I have now and before. btw it was a used miata:D :D
We’re lucky, for having a NSX in our garage
:D :D

nsxtasy said:
Yeah, I'm looking on at this and thinking back to the car I had at 18. Let's just say I paid about as much for that car as I did for my new SoS coolant tank. :) I didn't get a better car until I graduated from college and got a Real Job.

Really, I dunno how he came by the funds to buy a '98 at age 18, but judging by his bratty attitude, and also the manner in which he got the tags, I'm gonna guess it was not by working hard at a regular job. Nobody who's done proper work for what they have will piss and moan about "asshole" cops who catch them trying to circumvent the law.

---

dlynes---

Suck it up, kid, you tried to pull a fast one and got caught. The cop did the right thing and you have no business hassling him for it. You have your NSX and you only paid some minor fees instead of getting a misdemeanor or felony on your record, which your fraudulent, tax-evading actions very likely warrant.

Count your blessings, put it behind you, and hope that enough common sense and wisdom will eventually find you that you won't try to pull this sort of thing again.

Two Reasons

Notice that we don't hear from dylnes anymore? :rolleyes:

A - we pounced on him for his juvenile grammar.

B - fangtl set the record straight about the transaction.

Case closed.

Thank you!We now need a maturity screen feature.:rolleyes:

no sorry guys, you havent heard from me because i have a life, i do not just sit on here talking shit.

enjoy

I can't quite put my finger on the reason for it... it's just a hunch... but I have a feeling that this guy isn't going to follow my advice about hoping for wisdom and common sense.

Oh, and by the way, he had the car driven home to Florida by the evening of Sunday, July 25th, and got pulled over in the afternoon of Friday, August 6th. For clarity, here are all the days he could have gone and registered his car instead of going to the "bch":

Monday, July 26th
Tuesday, July 27th
Wednesday, July 28th
Thursday, July 29th
Friday, July 30th
Monday, August 2nd
Tuesday, August 3rd
Wednesday, August 4th
Thursday, August 5th
Friday, August 6th

But, oh no, it's the cops' fault.

Whiner.

Last edited:
Good One

Drum - I bestow upon you The Saint Sarcasm Award. :D

dlynes said:
no sorry guys, you havent heard from me because i have a life, i do not just sit on here talking shit.

enjoy

Must be nice to have a life that your daddy pays for.

Back