• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers for a supercharged setup.

I want to eventually get a supercharger for my NSX, but that will be a while as the decent systems are close to 10G and the good ones are inching towards 15G. I'd like to get a bit more power out of the car now, and it already has an exhaust. What headers are the supercharged guys running? I'd hate to drop 1500 on a header now and have to replace it after I can afford the blower. Thanks

Have not gone forced yet but probably next year. I have the LoveFab headers and are as nice as it gets. I know Cody has seen a nice increase in whp when switching to his headers from brand X. I think there are a few SC and Turbo guys running his headers and am sure they can chime in.

Last edited:
I want to eventually get a supercharger for my NSX, but that will be a while as the decent systems are close to 10G and the good ones are inching towards 15G. I'd like to get a bit more power out of the car now, and it already has an exhaust. What headers are the supercharged guys running? I'd hate to drop 1500 on a header now and have to replace it after I can afford the blower. Thanks

First off, are you in a state that checks for illegal headers and emissions?

If your in california the ONLY leagal headers are"

NA2 headers
Comptech headers

I opted for the RM racing headers which is now sold as B&B headers since their collectors flows together smoothly, the pipe at the end of the collector is 2.5" in diameter.

The design looks like it was out of the high end headers from the V-8 muscle cars.

acura-nsx-headers.jpg

http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/nsx/

Just save up that $1500 and $5000-6000 more and you can buy a Turbo kit with Everything you need. You have Great options on Turbo kits and even CTSC used superchargers for $5-7000. You dont need to spend $10-15k like you think. They come with all you need for the power and sound your looking for. I bought every damn bolt on and WASTED ALOT OF MONEY. If I had to do it over again, I would just saved the money on small bolt ons and got a Turbo or comptech supercharger instead to Begin with.

Since I saw that you were on the Source 1 trip, you are not in the non-free state of CA. Call Cody and get his headers. You will get some HP now and in the future, it will complement a SC if you go this way or you could always get the rest of his turbo setup and you are done since it includes the full exhaust. I have the Lovefab turbo setup as well as the Lovefab headers which replaced the original SOS headers on the car. Significant improvement when going from Turbo with SOS headers vs Turbo with Lovefab headers.

good question OP. I would like to see if anyone has any before and after dyno sheets showing the change in HP with different headers. Would be interested to know if the difference is worth the cost.

good question OP. I would like to see if anyone has any before and after dyno sheets showing the change in HP with different headers. Would be interested to know if the difference is worth the cost.

I don't have the dyno sheet but when Driving Ambition dyno'd my car with the NA2 headers and then with the RM Racing headers prior to the SOS SC they saw a 6~RWHP increase without any tuning or anything else done on the RM headers.

I don't have the dyno sheet but when Driving Ambition dyno'd my car with the NA2 headers and then with the RM Racing headers prior to the SOS SC they saw a 6~RWHP increase without any tuning or anything else done on the RM headers.

Great! That's what I'm looking for. Now what is the price difference between NA2 headers and RM Racing? How much does that extra 6hp cost? Assuming of course you dont already have the NA2 headers as OEM.

Personally, I don't think headers on a S/C will be all that dramatic! Maybe 10hp gain if that? On my dyno chart, I did notice a flat spot towards 7500 to 8g rpm. Indicating that there's a exhaust flow issue *still using NA1 OE manifold* hehehehehe I too, am debating about buying headers (hoping its not a waste of money. Maybe a meth kit be better to get than 10hp gain to the wheel...

just my .02cent

I am just wrapping up my Angus AP-X turbo system on my 1993 NSX. I thought about dumping $1500 into headers but I purchased stock 2002 headers from a prime member for a few hundred bucks.

Can't see why you need any more than NA2 stock headers unless you are trying to squeeze every last hp out of your setup.

The Angus Turbo kit I purchased is incredible quality and I installed the kit 100% by myself. Changing out the headers was a crap job and took me about 15 hours total. I did find it rewarding in a sick kind of way. Lots of info on the site about manifold swapping.

All in I will be WAY under 10 grand and will pick up about 150 hp. I'll be tuning in the near future.

Great! That's what I'm looking for. Now what is the price difference between NA2 headers and RM Racing? How much does that extra 6hp cost? Assuming of course you dont already have the NA2 headers as OEM.
In my case, i bought the RM racing headers used and spent only $200 more than a used set of NA2 headers.

If you are going to keep your NSX N/A then the NA2 headers are suffice. No one will will a race with 6RWHP difference. Other factors like driver weight, different tire/wheel size/rolling resistance, lowered vs. stock height ( tucking in the tires to reduce drag), etc. will play an equal or greater role.

For FI applications then upgrading from the NA2 headers makes more sense.

Back