• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Headers & Test Pipe Installation Questions

Wow I haven't posted on Prime much anymore... and this is kind of a stupid question but Im going to ask regardless. I bought a used set of DC Sport headers from another member and they are in great shape, I had them ceramic coated to make them look new again. My question is will I need new gaskets for the headers and test pipes? I think YES is the answer, but my question is where do I order them from? Will the standard NSX exhaust manifold gaskets work? Or do I need to order them from DC Sports? Thanks.

Last edited:
Get OEM gaskets?

Some people reuse them I prefer new. Be sure to torque the nuts down evenly and to the right spec per the manual.

Use high temp, gold anti-sieze on the studs before you install the nuts. It will make your life much easier if you ever have to remove them for a pan gasket or ...?

Cheers
nigel

Page 9-3 of the service manual. 25 lb-ft my friend.

If all you have is an lb-in torque wrench set it to 300. I just did mine. (Drove it to work this morning. It only took me about 6 weeks to install my headers and exhaust, CV boots etc)
I did mine in three steps, 150, 250, 300.

Brad

Not trying to put more work on you but since this has been discussed before, let me add. Check your oil pan gasket very good. Any sign of seepage I suggest installing a new pan gasket. It's very easy during header install but once headers are in place, the header must be removed should the pan start to leak down the road. The gasket is cheap insurance.:smile:

Not trying to put more work on you but since this has been discussed before, let me add. Check your oil pan gasket very good. Any sign of seepage I suggest installing a new pan gasket. It's very easy during header install but once headers are in place, the header must be removed should the pan start to leak down the road. The gasket is cheap insurance.:smile:

Well mine isn't leaking or seeping, so should I still replace it? Im ordering a few parts from acura like the aforementioned gaskets and nuts, but also new AC gasket cuz that was leaking, wheel well liner cuz mine cracked from my side skirts. So I can have them throw it on there as well.

Well mine isn't leaking or seeping, so should I still replace it? Im ordering a few parts from acura like the aforementioned gaskets and nuts, but also new AC gasket cuz that was leaking, wheel well liner cuz mine cracked from my side skirts. So I can have them throw it on there as well.
Ask Larryb. It took me an additional 30 minutes. But mine was starting to seep at 53,000. I think I pd. 30 bucks for it.

Back