• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

headlight conversion

I thought I read somewhere that they have non-popup conversions for the NSX.. kinda like the ones made for RX7's. Has anyone seen these or know of a link where I can see them?

Rob

The 'popular' RX-7 kit you are refering to (such as the one on Adam Satuwatari's drag RX-7) is the same design. Flat lexan over flat buckets. You are either refering to a kit such as the one that Enrique points a link to above, or a custom one-off job you saw on "Speed's" NSX in Japan (yellow NSX with Comptech wide-body and custom lights from Mitsubishi FTO grafted on).

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

the setup from Enrique has the lights with a slight bulge; its not as bad as the "baseline" Marga Hills kit, but its still there

Chris' setup seems to have the Lexan covers flush (ala F40), which is what I want. What I'd like to see is a cleaner mounting (those visible black fasteners don't do it for).

------------------
Manuel C
93 NSX S/B #394
93 300CE
93 NH750

I really like the fixed headlight kit that SoS is offering, but am I alone in thinking that $1200 is just a whole hell of a lot of money for a pair of carbon fiber buckets and lexan covers (rather industrial looking at that with the exposed fasteners)? I am not intending this as criticism of anyone, especially SoS - I am thrilled to see more vendors offering more products for our favorite car. It just seems that everything, no matter how small or simply designed is a fortune for the NSX. I realize that the small number of cars means that the R&D costs and incremental costs for aftermarket parts is higher per unit than for something made for, say the Mustang, but at times I feel like everyone just wants more for their product because it is going on a "$90,000" car. The vast majority of us who are in to the tuning and customzing of our NSXs paid no where near that much for our car despite what it sold for new.

Anyway, I'm sure I had a point here somewhere...venting I guess. Ha-Ha

The rivets are optional, just like they are optional on the carbon fiber canards that you see from aftermarket vendors.

You can seal them with epoxy. The racers prefer the fasteners, as they assure that the lexan will not fly off.

These lights are nearly an exact copy off the JGTC cars, and they look (IMO) better with the bucket painted to match the body color.

Here are some samples:

064r2m03.jpg

016r3q.jpg

tc99gt06.jpg

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Originally posted by nsx808:
I thought I read somewhere that they have non-popup conversions for the NSX.. kinda like the ones made for RX7's. Has anyone seen these or know of a link where I can see them?

Rob

Rob: Here is my kit from my Mazda RX7,This one is made by RE Amemiya in Japan.
Take a look.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1505488&a=11365331&p=49625345&f=0

Regards
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing

[This message has been edited by pronto3000 (edited 01 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by pronto3000 (edited 01 June 2001).]

I think the stock headlights (which of course are down during the daylight when you can see them) look far better than either of these kits. And you don't have to pay anything extra.

$.02

Originally posted by David:
Enrique,

Can you measure the size of the RX-7 kit and see if it is close to the size of the NSX headlight assembly? If it is close, I may try to have someone make it fit.

David: Here are the measurements:

Width: 10 3/4 inches
Height: 12 inches

Regards
Enrique

The RX-7 conversion kit can not be retrofited to the NSX easily. Besides obvious measurement differences (the RX-7 lights are shorter), the NSX lights do not have the contour of the RX-7 lights or the depth that the RX-7 lens housing has.

Another option would be to have buckets custom designed and layed in FRP or CF. This will, however, be an expensive option.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Back