• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heads Up

DEFI VSD concept display! Picked it up Shutoko-R and installed by Chuck Hamly at a local shop (myer Emco). Chuck also created the trick cover. Great visibility during the day even in sunlight. The way its currently set up; it shows speed and tach, and has a shift light.

From the back
D1.JPG

D7.JPG

Installed
D6.JPG

D5.JPG

While Driving on a sunny day
D2.JPG

D3.JPG

D4.JPG

Night pictures coming

looking good don,

We have few VSD instock. so, let's run a group buy

MSRP $330

1-5 $300 each

6-10 $280 each

11-more $260 each

please Email us at [email protected] for any other questions, or call us at 281-531-8882

Holy Cow!! That is really awesome!

Damn....That's it!!!!!!!!

If any of you guys remember I inquired on Prime a little while back, I need that thing bad!!

More info please.....the custom enclosure, does that come included in the price. If not hiw much was the it??

Installation

How difficult was the installation?

Who in So. Cal is qualify or has experience on installing this product?

I like it, if installation is not a big issue, I think I'm up for one.

Re: Installation

awsomr1 said:
How difficult was the installation?

Who in So. Cal is qualify or has experience on installing this product?

I like it, if installation is not a big issue, I think I'm up for one.

same here.. I am interested in this as well if I can find a local shop to install it.

Hey Don
Looks great!
I want one!
Can Chuck make any more of the custom covers?

Does this universal one have a dimmer switch?

Yes, Auto dimmer. Mine is located in the corner where the dash meets the instrument cluster. Very stealth. Also has an manual dimmer setting.

Would it work just as well on RHD cars?

It wired for right hand drive cars, should work even better as there would be less cable to hide.

Ill get some more info about the covers.

Guys...at night....this thing ROCKS!

Thats awesome!!! I want one too, but dont know if I can budget it right now with all the car expenses.
But, if we can get the 11+ people and get it for $260, I would have to... :D
- Z

who's interested? please put your name down. let's see how many ppl we get...

Put me down.

As far as the simple install, I'm assuming this requires cutting or atleast splicing into factory wiring. How hard is it to get at the factory wires needed? (for example, can you do it by just going under the dash upside down or do you need to remove some of the under-dash leather panels?)

thank you guys,

1. Speedracer
2. Bilulan
3. NSX01

Last edited:
From the pics, it looks like it projects a large dark box that is on the windshield and much larger than the HUD reading. How visible is that box? I had a vehicle with HUD before and I don't remember seeing such a large darkened box around everything.

Hey Don,

is it possible to get a picture from the front? I'd like to see how it looks mounted to the dash as you walk up to the car from the front. If you have a picture handy, that would be great!

Regards,
- Z

Donwon,
Will it read out any other gauge readings?
I was looking for something like that that would project boost, ect.ect.

Back