• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Health Insurance - Best Value?

Recently have been exploring switching to a different company other then Blue Cross. My wife and I are
healthy, but the monthly fees have doubled and then doubled again. We are now in excess of $500.00/per person.
Would love to hear what you have seen in the marketplace for yourself and any comparative values.

Recently have been exploring switching to a different company other then Blue Cross. My wife and I are
healthy, but the monthly fees have doubled and then doubled again. We are now in excess of $500.00/per person.
Would love to hear what you have seen in the marketplace for yourself and any comparative values.

I pay 1853.00 per month. I find that to be very average as the average family eats 600 subway sandwiches a month or has two range rovers. Seems reasonable to me. :rolleyes:

Value, care, technology --- only one in California: Kaiser Permanente

Cost, for me, is not at the top of the list.

Not sure if there's one near you though.

My $0.02

Last edited:
Hopefully the health insurance exchanges coming online in the next year or two will assist folks looking for options

healthcare costs are a regional thing,try posting in the forum local to you.

Steve, you show an address in Pebble Beach (no longer Washington state?).

Recently health insurance rankings (Report Card) showed Kaiser (NorCal) as the "best" in managed care health plan. In PPOs, Cigna and UnitedHealthcare where the tops. "Best" include various metrics ......

http://reportcard.opa.ca.gov/rc2013/

Last edited:
I still live in PB and will have a second residence in WA state. Thanks for the info.

Back