• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello. My Name is Adrian. Looking into get a NSX soon. I love this place.

But you can't hold hands, and TXT, and drive stick. :biggrin:

Love the MR2 as well, and your name, you have an AWESOME name.
LOL, my girl will throw a fit at me if she sees me texting while driving. And yes, Adrian is perhaps the best name in existence :)

GREAT! Now my wife is gonna stumble upon this thread and start making comparisons. "Why can't you be more sensitive like this junior40er guy!?!"

:biggrin:
I feel you man. My girl is ALWAYS comparing me to guys on TV who are more "sensitive". I hear it aaallll the time.

junior40er- As long as YOU like your cars, who cares what others think. No matter what car you have, there will be people who think its not good enough. You own 3 cars and your caddy is worth same price as most the nsxs on this board. Enjoy what you have, people forget its NOT What your Driving, its what you love driving. If you Just enjoy your cars and have fun with it and you will have the best car in the world no matter what brand and model.
Welcome to Prime. Lot of good info on here and some good people too.
Thanks. I do love what I have. I lot of people think a Fit is all I can afford because thats all they see me drive since its my DD. Then they come over to my house. Some people think I'm crazy for spending $2500 on wheels. Thanks for the welcome.

BALLS-N-SAC your always on my case, but you claim to be Christian in some Private PMS to me. go figure

we can say what we want and if you read thru all the thread I complimented him on his Honda. and how that style Caddie beat me in a race.

then I was corrected on the specs on the Honda Fit. I would buy one they look fun.

you always jump the gun to defend when they dont need defending.

is it because auto tranny vs manual comments? give it a rest already
It's OK man. We all made comments we think we were sure of. I had my share.

The Fit is actually a nice zippy track car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-9-xhi_wZw
With basic suspension mods like coilovers, rear sway bars, the right tires and they can do pretty well on the laps. I got over that phase with the Fit and use it for what it is now. A very well DD. 38MPG on regular gas is hard to beat without going hybrid.

For those who dis the Honda Fit check out this Car and Driver article. Outside of a AEM exhaust the motor was left stock. So a basic 117 HP. No mechanical problems, and averaged close to 14 mpg over the length of the race. The Fit was 15th overall (out of 61 cars) and fourth in class, running 1710 miles at an average of 68.4 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ill_in_a_b-spec_mazda_2_and_honda_fit-feature

"Finishing in the top third of the field in the least-powerful cars in the race—cars little changed from their production selves—is very impressive."

Back on topic. Good luck finding and don't settle. It took me a while but worth it.

As for your comment on having the NSX next to your MR2, not going to happen because that mod-bug will eat that MR2 alive, and then you will have a CTSC'd NSX and mod-bug just got bigger. :biggrin:

Junior,

I cant begin to tell you just how lucky I was to have found nsxprime before my purchase. I entered the VIN in google and found a prime post about damage. I ran like hell.

I actually avoided about 4 cars before even becoming a member on prime. And when it came time to buy the car and the inevitable little maint. issues that popped up the guys on here are AMAZING! They saved me 600 dollars on oxygen sensors alone (the dealership didn't bother telling me about the 14 year150,000 mile warranty on those!!!!)

The NSX is great, but the experience of ownership is greatly enhanced by prime. I've definitely made some friends on here, but like all things, it isnt perfect. Its the internet after all! :) Seems like you have the proper gauge skin already and this isn't your first rodeo!

Please make sure to keep us in the loop on what you find!

Welcome to prime,

Jason

Jason,
Yes, I am already seeing how helpful this place is. Reminds me very much of the MR2 community. Definetly a lot different from other honda sites. I am definetly going to use NSX Prime as a tool for my purchase. Just like my MR2, I will take my time to find a nice one that was well maintained and keep up with that responsibility myself. I am going to be here for a long time :)

Couple more pics of MR2 since people have pm'ed about it. I do plan on keeping it, even after I get the NSX. I'll be keeping the CTS and will be giving my girl the Fit.

100_0214.jpg

100_0740.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

mymr2.jpg

Hey Junior40er, I don't see your MR2 in your list.
Did you trade it for the MR-Spyder?
I have a modded 93 MR2 turbo and saving up for an NSX.

My dad's wife had a 85 MR2 I believe. I don't remember the year, but I remember it was red and the previous body style. She really enjoyed it and eventually traded it in on a Miata.

I've always like the MR2's like yours. It looks like a mini-NSX in a way to me.

I have run into MR2 owners who purchased their car as getting a step closer to an NSX.

Hey Junior40er, I don't see your MR2 in your list.
Did you trade it for the MR-Spyder?
I have a modded 93 MR2 turbo and saving up for an NSX.

Unfortunetly I did with much regret. MR2 Turbo is a better car.

My dad's wife had a 85 MR2 I believe. I don't remember the year, but I remember it was red and the previous body style. She really enjoyed it and eventually traded it in on a Miata.

I've always like the MR2's like yours. It looks like a mini-NSX in a way to me.

I have run into MR2 owners who purchased their car as getting a step closer to an NSX.
Same here, MR2 turbo is a nice car. I might get another to DD.

Welcome to the board...
I used to want an Honda Fit so bad...

Hey, keep that MR2 forever. Theres a kid around the corner who up until a few months ago had a blue one. I guess he sold it for a silver S2000 on purple wheels. But it looks like a backyard special if you know what i mean. Wish he would have found a way to keep his MR2 Turbo though.

Sorry, I don't mean to thread jack...

I plan to keep the MR2, I love the mid engine lay out and I made it just better with tasteful mods. The NSX is in the scopes.

Back