• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello, Newb here in Cincinnati

Just joined and I am in the market for an NSX as I have thought they were the coolest car since they were introduced and now it's time that I own one. I'm living in the Cinci area and keeping my eye open for a '97+ but have yet to decide on color; Red, Black, Yellow, Silver... what to do?

I'll likely be selling/trading a pristine 1999 Miata 10th Anniversary Edition to make room in the garage, I hate to let it go but for the car of my dreams it won't be that hard!

Any words of welcome or advice are welcome, see you all around!

Bruce

Welcome...

Life is tough... decisions, decisions... what color of NSX to buy... :biggrin:

To me they are all sweeet....

I don't no of anybody who has regretted purchasing an NSX. I'm not saying there aren't or haven't been, but I don't know any.

Good luck and enjoy the search... be patient & you will find a gem!

- Rod

Welcome! Depending on the color of your Miata, I presume you may be aquiring the same or relatively the same color as your beloved two seater. It will definitely take some time, but it will definitely be worth the wait. Best of luck :cool:

Patience as Rod says is the key. Keep your eye on the Prime Market for good NSXs that meet you qualifications. As you begin to find some just let the group look at the ad with you and we'll mention what isn't included or why the particular car your looking at is a good one. Either way our group will chime in and help you ferret out all the issues you'll have with what your contemplating. That's the short of it.

Otherwise the best scenario for an NSX is one that is owned by owners that have serviced the car regularly - hopefully a car that's been owned for long periods by the same person even if it changes hands. If those are all Prime members so much the better cause they know what to do to keep the car in good shape because of the support group here. Make sure the car you find has records and don't be swayed by small dealers that "appear" to have a good car - most if not all know very little about the NSX and usually come by the car thru auction or some bizarre manner and seldom if ever have any records and sell at a premium cause they're out to make a living buying and selling cars.

That's about it on basics - but you will find the right one if you just keep looking till you find it and that shouldn't take that long, but some have looked for a year. Now they are picky and looking for a particular car in all aspects. You'll find something I believe in a few months.

Good luck to you! Merry Christmas,

Thanks Brian, it was good to speak to you as well.

Everyone; thanks for all the comments. The Miata is Blue, very similar to the NSX blue, but I am ready for a change at this point. Not set on a certain color, but am leaning toward a '02+ 6 speed, Red, Black, or Silver. It does not have to be perfect, but I would like a clean example that was taken care of. And yes, I am leery of the used car lots that bought one at the auction or wholesaler. I will be looking at the silver 02 that is for sale on Prime and will be making an appointment with the current owner, it seems like a very nice example, comments are welcome. If it's not 'the one' for me, I can wait as there is too much salt on the roads for me!

thanks for the welcome and looking forward to making some NSX friends.

Bruce,
Good luck on your search and we look forward to seeing you at GTG's and the like in the 'Nati.
Unless you are hung up on fixed lights, many pre-1997 NSX's have been converted to 6 speeds and are frequently available for purchase. I/H/E improvements will narrow the gap between NA1 and NA2 even more. Patience will be your friend and Brian will be a great asset in your search.
Merry Christmas Bruce and all Primers!
Curt

Bruce-
Welcome to the forum! It is a great resource as I see you have already found out. I purchased a 91 last January from Brian @ Source1, decided that I needed to sell it and did in March. Since the moment I watched it drive out my driveway for the last time I knew I would have another NSX someday! Thankfully, I'm heading south to look at a low mileage 91 on New Year's Eve. Good luck with your search and hopefully we will both be happy NSX owners very soon.
Take Care and Merry Christmas!
Doug

Thanks for all of the welcomes and I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting everyone. As they say "once you know what you're looking for, the deal of a lifetime comes along about once a month" so I won't be making any rash decisions.

I'm still deciding year/color, nothing has risen above the others as they all are great looking cars. I am spending way to many hours looking a pix on NSXPrime:eek: <me getting bug-eyed

I like the looks of the 91-2000 tail lights, does anyone know if they retrofit on a 2002+?

Just joined and I am in the market for an NSX as I have thought they were the coolest car since they were introduced and now it's time that I own one. I'm living in the Cinci area and keeping my eye open for a '97+ but have yet to decide on color; Red, Black, Yellow, Silver... what to do?

I'll likely be selling/trading a pristine 1999 Miata 10th Anniversary Edition to make room in the garage, I hate to let it go but for the car of my dreams it won't be that hard!

Any words of welcome or advice are welcome, see you all around!

Bruce

Bruce, get the color you like most. If you have more than one color then your decision may be based on availability/condition etc.. I wouldn't say buy a white when you really wanted a yellow, in the long run you may not be happy. I've always wanted an F car but at $100k for what I want its out of my price range. So guess what color my NSX is!! While probably the most popular car color, red was it for me and no substitute. I sold a quite rare 1964 Mini Cooper 1071S to get my NSX. A pristine car in its own right, a dream car I had to have, never looked back selling it to get my NSX. Take your time, and you'll get the right NSX for your garage. Good luck in your search.....

Thanks sidwac,

The problem is that no one color really stands out for me, well, except for the Imola Orange, but they seem to be a rather rare one to find, and almost non existant w/ Onyx interiors; not sure if I like the orange interior that well. The way the cops are in Ohio, a bright color may not be the best choice (red, yellow), so I'm also considering silver to 'fly under the radar' so to speak.

Just looking at all the pix here it seems a window tint, a set of wheels and lowering the car takes it to the next level as far as looks go.

One issue I'm running into is that 02 and up silver seems to be the predominant color. Still cruizing the forums and thanks for the welcomes.

The problem is that no one color really stands out for me, well, except for the Imola Orange, but they seem to be a rather rare one to find, and almost non existant w/ Onyx interiors....

You don't want an Imola. Kyle (PhiAlpha44) is local and had resprayed his NSX with Imola (looks awesome).

I don't know if you want to be confused with Kyle. :biggrin:

02+ tails work just fine except for an extra stud hole that you will have to drill on the passenger side. Looks great on mine, will look great on yours too!

Back