• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! attaching on board charger

The 1991 NSX is getting very little road time. My question is attaching a Schrmacher 1.5 amp slow charger / maintainer that is fully automatic for on board service. A good choice?? I have attached it in the engine compartment next to the fuse box, the + to the jumper lug as shown in the owner manual and the - to that fuse box body mount screw. It will be plugged in only when the car is not in service and unplugged before starting. SOUND OK?? thanks for any help. JD

Re: Help!!!attaching on board charger

I have the same one from wal mart for $20. Plugged it in over the entire winter. Since it can regulate itself its easy to let it do its thing and forget. I only unplug it when I take it out f our a ride, then hook it back up afterward. Original battery doesnt last 2wks without the trickle charge..

Re: Help!!!attaching on board charger

I am concerned about the way I have hooked it into the electrical system...Will it be any problem attached as I have described. thanks JD

Back