• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help: Final Wheel Selection '91 Red NSX

G25 is only 18/19 and the fronts won't clear some BBK's. Do you realize this? It is also on a whole other price level than these other two.

Personally I don't like the enkei at all, it has a lip and It will look 1" smaller than a lip-less wheel.

The work would be my choice out of the three. Why don't you tell us about your car, year, color, brakes, whether you track or not, whether looks matters more or performance, so we can at least give educated replies.

Thanks for your reply. I have a 91 Red NSX, black roof and black interior, with 28,000 miles and in excellnet condition. It is, and always has been 100% stock. My thought for now is to keep the car as is and just change out the wheels. My first preference is appearance and performance would rank second. I will take the car on a local track a couple of times a year, but most driving will be traditional roads. I am an amateur in this and will rely on wise advise.

I was aware, and have concerns, that the Volks are only in 18/19 and this may pose challenges with performance and aesthetics. I am not against lowering the car to accomodate, but I do not want any rubbing or other challenges with performance.

I would prefer the RSM9's did not have the lip, I do however, like the pattern. Perhaps PF01 in Matte Black would be wiser with Enkei.

I have a 14 year old son that informed me the wheels must be black (or slight variation thereof) and this is a non-negotiable. I am also open to suggestions (although I realize a lot of this is personal preference).

Thanks again,
Don

I had the Work Emotion CRs on my RSX and loved them. Mine were bronze and I'd have them again for my NSX. Red with bronze looks great too.

have you looked through the hottest NSX thread, in the gallery?

To see various wheel colors and styles on the NSX?

I sent you a PM.

WORK EMOTION: CR-KAI

simple, clean, classic

and heavy..

I love the design (and I vote for it), but if you're going to to the Work Emotion, get the CR-Ultimate (Kiwami) which is lighter (probably still heavier than the Volk & Enkei) by using Flow-Forming technology vs standard casting.

Here's the visual difference:
kaivskiwami_01(1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for showing comparison bw CR Kai vs. Ultimate. if I were to go with Work, I would pony up and pay extra for the Ultimates.

I have Turbo2Go to thank for the intro into the Advan RSIIs and am now sold the semi gloss black is the chosen one for me.

Thanks All.

How can we choose your wheels for you???

Only kidding - I like the Works.

Back