• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me pick a wheel color

Which color?

• Matte Black

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Matte Gunmetal

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters
Anything with a polished step-up lip. Throw some CCWs or Meisters on and call it a day!
Jk I'd prefer lighter colors to see the spokes

yep...or even better....stock 7 spokes:tongue:

or just get them in gun metal and plastidip them matte black for a change up that is easy to remove so you can go back...

Bronze?

I know you mentioned RSIIs, but the RZ's are, in fact, offered in a bronze. Not as "look-at-me-ish" as gold, but still, in my opinion, a very good looking color. (Have a set on my '07 "nighthawk black" civic si, and have been in the same dilemma as yourself with choosing a wheel color for my Kaiser Silver. The Bronze RZ's are, again, high on my list of considerations for the NA2.)

... Had a picture of a 02+ with Bronze RZ's somewhere, yet can't find it at the moment. Will share later.

Well I spent a day with the car and tried on various wheels next to it and several things became apparent. Not just to me, but to everyone standing next to me helping me and looking at the car:

1) the shine on a clean wheel, is a plus. As much as I thought a gloss black wheel looks cheap, when on a clean car, the shine from the wheels really adds to the overall luster of the car. Light will even shine off black, and it creates a nice effect. I have to agree with a previous poster that matte colors tend to look dirty. There were a few cars around with dusty dirty wheels, aftermarket ones, black ones, gunmetal ones, and they all looked dirty. In fact the slightest amount of brake dust REALLY showed on matte wheels. For these two reasons, I decided against matte.

2) the two colors that looked best were actually a gloss gunmetal and gloss black. This was a tougher call but all the carbon pieces on the car currently are very glossy black. The gloss black wheel really picked these up and matched well. The gunmetal was somewhat close in color to the silverstone.... And although it still looked fine, it really didn't tie the car together like the gloss black did. The guys that right off the bat had told me "go gunmetal", after seeing the wheels next to the car or on the car, almost unanimously agreed the black looked better on the car.

So the whole thing was a surprise. The gloss black which I probably would not have considered, actually turned out to look best at least on MY CAR with what is currently on it. I was shocked.

Canon7D 133.jpgCanon7D 137.jpgCanon7D 140.jpg

Knew I had them somewhere.

Alas, *after* you've made up your mind, ah well. At least, in the future, it gives others a visual representation.

Edit: Curious to see pictures of what you end up with.

Last edited:
I know some are looking at that RS41 design I post and thinking that's not so great looking. But fact is, any wheel when flat doesn't look remotely as good as when it is concave in design. So my rears should have a deep concave look and it will make the wheel look very different. I also chose it as it is the most "open" of all designs, even more open the my RSII. The sad thing is my RSII even has a slightly concave GTR face up front... Had to give that up...

Right now they have made a wood mockup of my ceramic brakes and have sent to BC to make sure they fit. Of course this will all be critical information for Brandon, as we will be able to figure out exactly what offsets work and what don't. So in the future others that go with a 362mm kit will actually be able to get a wheel from BC that hopefully works... Even if by razor margins. One thing is for sure. No one will say "your brakes look small in that wheel" LOL. You know how people say "poked" and "stretched".... I have a new term I am coining today.... "Stuffed". That's when you have stuffed your wheels with kick ass brakes.

Dave, I thought your RSIIs were in a Semi-Gloss finish? Or is it that they were so dirty whenever you were here I never saw the full gloss lol.

Last edited:
LOL they are semi gloss.

Your gonna want a color that compliments the BBK color as well. While black wheels are so trendy now everyones doing it, even on stock wheels. But the color of your car does look very nice with black/gunmetal. It also will compliment the color of your calipers/hats. You paid a lot for them, don't hide them behind some bright wheels.

I'm glad you decided on the gloss black, right decision IMO- for your car. Usually I'm not a fan of it, especially on black cars.

Last edited:
Nice wheels, they remind me of the BBS FI; Gloss black will look great with you're setup.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback but this wheel turned out to be a no-go anyway. Won't clear.

Gunmetal. I think black wheels are 'lost' on gray car. More so on a black car though. But yeah gunmetal
I think all black wheels are "lost" in any car as the whole rim will blend into the tires. They all look like black spare tires to me. I myself go by a few rules.
1. Silver rims will fit anything.
2. The shade of the rims should not be darker than the car's color unless the car is white or the rim has a bright lip.
3. White rims are only good for white cars unless you want a ricer.

My suggestions for you would be light silver wheels with lips or no lips; darker rims with bright lips.

Steve

Are these going to be your track rims or your street rims. I always preferred black for a race rim. If you could find something like the ADVAN Hyper Black that would be a good compromise for both colors. Didn't you have Hyper Black RSII's? I thought they looked really good on your car.

Very easy.........NH606M Asahi BMW Silver or NH536M Solaris Silver...................Looks fantantic with silver cars. Gun Metal is okay for me it is a little to dark. Forget black

Kingsley UK

Back