• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help - Mouse stuck in HP all-in-one printer

It's only a few hours drive from NJ to MA. Get in your NSX and drive the printer to Dave. I'm sure he'll buy you a new printer if he can save the mouse.
404.gif
:sorrow:

LOL.... I just might... live and let live.

How about grabbing it by the tail with a pair of long needle nose pliers and tugging him out? They are pretty durable, I pulled a mouse off of one of those sticky traps by its tail and he was so happy and took off running.

printers are like 39 bucks take it apart and dont worry about putting back together throw it away but you saved a life.

tell us how it goes. this is cool

- - - Updated - - -

after you save its life, go get yourself a scratch off lotto ticket I bet you will win a few bucks. Karma is a beautiful thing

Maybe the mouse is better off in the printer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vZc7f6Eu4fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh mannnn - that hawk video is definately not a happy time.

I just spend 45 minutes trying to tear apart the printer without crushing the mouse. So far I have bleeding knuckes and a printer with the lid torn off, plastic pieces snapped and broken and the mouse still stuck there.

I was concerned all the noise I was making as the plastic pieces were snapping was going to make it have a heart attack. Then I would have a dead mouse and a dead printer.

Dave if you weren't 5 hours away I think I would have brought Mr. Mousey to you.

I need to pull out all the bars to remove the last roller piece that it is somehow attached to. I can't even see what its head is attached to since it is smack up against the bottom of the roller. So far I've been using pliers and a large screwdriver as a pry bar. Ideas anyone?

keep working on it I hope your filming this rescue. it would be a youtube hit. 2million views and yourtube send you cash in the mail.

save the Mouse.com face book it and get world wide coverage. trust me pet lovers will donate your already a hit.

This is what Don just came home to IMG_0355.jpg.

As I progressed with the tearing apart of our printer I noticed Mr Mouse's rear leg was broken. So with Don's help we were able to get him released from the little rubber wheel where he was caught.

IMG_0353.jpgHe's not doing very well. Part of his head was crushed by the wheel.

Since he was suffering we put Mr. Mouse to sleep. :sorrow:

I'm going to go drown my sorrow in a glass of port.

At least you know you did what you could good sir.
FYI, Pooh is a female Primer.

Carla - it was very humane of you to try to rescue the poor creature. I'm sorry it didn't end positively, but you gave it a valiant effort and you should be proud of yourself for that. :applause:

R.I.P. Mr. Mouse. :angel:

Well at least you ended its suffering. I am assuming Don did that and not you. If I came home and saw my wife had torn apart this printer to try to save a mouse... I would find it very cute. Helping her take it out.... one of those things you remember. My girlfriend had two cats, one became ill and needed fluid twice a day. And one night she had setup the whole injection needle and fluid on a pole thing in the bathroom... told me to get the cat and I was so tired and it was so dark I grabbed the wrong cat.... held it tight so it wouldn't escape. She's like "Can you get the other cat please".... LOL... Then she stabbed herself with the needle... after yelling at her, I grabbed it away from her and proceeded to stab myself with it... LOL... had to call a doctor to see if we both needed tetanus shots. It was all pretty comical. You just remember those times.

Last edited:
Carla I think most likely it will be the mouse that survives or the printer. You know me, I am a softie for animals so I would probably destroy my printer to save it. And if it died while I was trying to, I wouldn't care, at least I tried. I think you need to get the printer to someone handy with tools. I'd do it for you if I was there. You probably don't have a ton of time left. I wouldn't worry about the printer, they are so cheap these days, maybe god just wanted you to get a new printer. LOL...

You can probably take it to any mechanic and they can get it out. Just requires some tools and a handy guy. Costco has new printers with new ink for $50.

Let me know how the adventure goes.

Are you contributing to the "Buy Carla and Don a new printer" fund?

FYI, Pooh is a female Primer.

Carla - it was very humane of you to try to rescue the poor creature. I'm sorry it didn't end positively, but you gave it a valiant effort and you should be proud of yourself for that. :applause:

R.I.P. Mr. Mouse. :angel:

Thanks for that info.... the whole time I thought it was an EMO man.

Hey Dave. Love the story about you and your girlfriend. Don and I had to do the IV thing with my 19 year old cat. Well he had to do it because I couldn't poke the needle in. The first time all the fluid came squirting out because the needle had gone in and back out. I like your story better.
Yes don had to put it in he little Baggie of death. Though I did try to give it water before I knew it had the kind of squashed head, at least I didn't name it.

Gosh Phoenix, now my secret is out. :)

Last edited:
keep working on it I hope your filming this rescue. it would be a youtube hit. 2million views and yourtube send you cash in the mail.

save the Mouse.com face book it and get world wide coverage. trust me pet lovers will donate your already a hit.

my friend saved a squirrel and made some money from youtube. also got on the news in japan lol

WOW! I can't believe i waited to read this thread. We just had a squirrel stuck in the dryer vent. Im in brazil and Alas-nsx had to come resuce my wife and CAT!! Glad there are people like you in the world that tried to save Printer Mouse! I, on the other hand voted for
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D4HqI1s8Xgs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then i would have glady drank some port wine!!!!!

Last edited:
wow epic thread....but if it were me I would have gotten a stat mri,xrays,IV fluids,and performed a cranioplasty.....then a long hospital course,argue with social workers about discharge placement,and lack of family support..ect ...

Back