• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELP NEW CTSC install car stalled/lost power 2nd day wont restart

Dear Primers,
I've asked Nate for his feedback but believe Prime is important resource as well. Anyways I participated in the CTSC and just got it installed on thursday and had dyno before and after with a healthy 31% increase in power.
So had the car dynoed yesterday and took it for a quick drive and drove home no problems.

Today after 1 hour drive my car suddenly stalled, engine lost power during low speed coming to a traffic light. Car won’t restart. It had to be towed away.

When I turned it off and reset via clock, very strangely the speedo and revs went to max and down and up again and speedometer kept ticking over. Car is trying to kick over and SC pulleys is spinning but won’t tick over.
It’s Sunday here so my mechanic and I suggested to disconnect CT control box, this resulted in only the rev counter going to 2000rpm. is it the CT control box ?

I drove he car 30miles and filled petrol up prior to this happening. Car was running fine.

My mechanic said could be grounding or CT control box.
Some people mentioned on forums could also be fuel pump. Car has been driven properly on dyno and myself for around 3 hours.
It's sunday here in Sydney.

Thank you in advance!

Nico

Anytime the engine doesn't have enough ground things start doing some weird things. Of course this includes not starting but is often accompanied by erratic or wrong gauge reading. I would look over the entire engine to make sure there are no loose grounds.

Thanks guys. it was the grounding and they are finding new place for it. so much drama for such a little problem.
Had a flat bed tow truck in the middle of downtown.
Thanks Prime.

Always use an Ohm-meter and check the resistance. I ran into problems several times (ABS, CTSC etc.) due to not having resistance.

I had the same problem and the ground on my igniter that was connected to the metal plate in the CT kit was bad. I added a 3" extension and grounded it on the throttle body instead, problem solved.

And the kit worked for 3 months prior, I don't know how a ground just goes bad all of a sudden....

Back